Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fierorama 19 - Back to the 80's (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fierorama 19 - Back to the 80's by mrfred8
Started on: 06-25-2014 06:03 PM
Replies: 79 (2507 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 11-08-2014 09:44 AM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of storms and threatening forecasts in the Chicago area made for a lonely cruise night. See everyone Saturday Morning.

IP: Logged
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Lots of storms and threatening forecasts in the Chicago area made for a lonely cruise night. See everyone Saturday Morning.

Any chance you left heading down Kird Dr? If so, hear my horn or too busy on the phone? saw a yellow fastback fiero as we were coming up to the hotel, only one on the whole drive down.

We made it down safe and sound. Got a little rain in Sarnia and just outside St. Charles. Lousy traffic probably put us back an hour.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Any chance you left heading down Kird Dr? If so, hear my horn or too busy on the phone? saw a yellow fastback fiero as we were coming up to the hotel, only one on the whole drive down.

We made it down safe and sound. Got a little rain in Sarnia and just outside St. Charles. Lousy traffic probably put us back an hour.

Yep that was me. Glad you made it in ok. See ya in the morning.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had rain and some good wind coming up. Took a detour to avoid storm. Lightning was incredible. See y'all tomorrow.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierorama Saturday is here!!!! 3 Big Events!!!!

We will leave from the host hotel at 8:30am for a Cars and Coffee in Aurora, IL

We will leave from the host hotel at 1:30pm and cruise to Cantigny Park

We will meet for dinner at Gino's East (next to host hotel) at 6pm

Special Bonus for the weekend - Tune your radio to WLS-FM 94.7 where they are featuring #1 hits of the 80's (see the kind of pull NIFE has ).

see first post for more details.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pictures, or none of this happened.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No widebody? :O
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

No widebody? :O

I have to make sure both are involved in the weekend fun so one doesn't get jealous. I had the widebody on for the morning cars and coffee and will have it at the show Sunday.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011

Originally posted by rpro:

pictures, or none of this happened.

Saturday Morning, https://www.facebook.com/me...&type=1&l=bacce3e11c

Saturday Afternoon/Evening https://www.facebook.com/me...&type=1&l=d1205e75b6

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to make sure both are involved in the weekend fun so one doesn't get jealous. I had the widebody on for the morning cars and coffee and will have it at the show Sunday.

Need an extra driver? Mine's stuck at home for the duration. Fuel pump.

PFF
System Bot
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a great time this weekend. Nice to see some old faces, meet some new ones & find a "brother" in the fiero community

Thanks NIFE for a great show, 1st time here and definitely want to come back as long as the three ladies of the house will let me. Now it's off to bed for an early rise, long trip back home uphill to that other state known as "Canada" LOL

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thumpr, thanks for coming down. It was good to meet you. Have a safe trip back. I just got home. I think thumpr & the guy from KC (I'm forgetful of names) are the only two further than me, so everyone else should have made it safely home by now.

Notwohorns, I didn't see you along the way, so you should have beat me by two or three hours.

It was good to meet so many new (to me) Fiero folks, and see a few familiar ones. I'm forgetful of names, but met so many whose names I have seen online. It was good to see what others have done with their cars. It was good to see the IMSAs, PPG, pace cars, and so many stock samples of various model/year combinations. I saw some of the Fiero Calendar Fieros. I was surprised to see that some of them seem to be in similar condition to mine. Not to take down anyone's car, but I would say mine was about average for the Fieros of that class (miles, mods, and style) that were there. I was in park 4 fun, so I have nothing but my opinion to back this up. However, I feel better about possibly submitting my car for the calendar some year.

Thanks to those who put together such a nice show. The scenic ride was great. The kids loved the tanks at the park.

Thanks to those who patiently answered my questions.

A unique experience for me was being asked about my car by random people. I've read about others having this happen, and heard people talk about it, but it never happened to me before. Not the people at the show, but at the car wash.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for coming. And thanks the all he people who volunteered and helped out at the show. What a great weekend. It was great seeing old friends, meeting new people and putting a few faces with some PFF members (oh and there were some cool cars there too). Hope everyone had a great time. Start planning now for Fierorama Weekend 2015 - September 11th - 13th.

We had people from 7 or 8 states and Canada come to the show. We had a nice variety of Fieros from low mileage stock to over the top customs. Thanks to everyone that traveled a long way to make show. Hope you make it back next year, and bring some friends.

I did not take too many pictures of the show, hopefully some other people can post some. But here are the ones that I took Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/me...&type=1&l=62921c24c9
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you to everybody who helped put on the event. I had an amazing time.
I also learned a ton of information and met some amazing people . Nothing beats driving home with a sunburn after a great day!
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chrissin712

190 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by tshark:

A unique experience for me was being asked about my car by random people. I've read about others having this happen, and heard people talk about it, but it never happened to me before. Not the people at the show, but at the car wash.

I think you might have been leaving the car wash as I pulled in. They had tons of questions for me there too. One guy even followed me to the show after I told him about it..lol

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah. You have the '84 pace car?
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We finally made it home & already back in routine with the our girls. Left the hotel at 3:40am Central time, arrived home 5:20pm Eastern time. 12 1/2 hour trip roughly with a 2 hour lay-over in Port Huron for lunch & more shopping. Made it to Port Huron by 11:40am (Eastern time), 2 hrs later there was no line at all at the border, couple of questions and the kid let us through. Never seen it so dead during the day.

Donated one of my chairs to another member with a white 86 1/2 (not Gerry, car beside his) Damn if I can remember his name right now Frank??? . Hope he gets good use out of it, Tanya broke it in pretty good. She rarely got out of it all show I was able to pack the other chair along with everything else we bought down there, I barely had room for a pair of running shoes I bought in Port Huron, box didn't make the trip. One plaque made most of the trip home in one piece, need to get it some new glass tomorrow

On a side note, I just noticed this today. Tanya was wearing her show T-shirt and I read the last line, how long has NIFE been using the slogan "Preserving the Excitement" on there t-shirts? Here is one of my signature pics I made up just after Pontiac division was closed down.

G.T. Fieros

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 09-08-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the slogan. Pontiac's original was something about excitement. Building, maybe. I didn't pay attention beyond that.

Glad you made it back safely. Nice meeting you.

That should mean everyone's home by now.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2014).]

chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah. You have the '84 pace car?

Yep that was me. Hopefully next year I'll have the car looking a little prettier..lol.I could have used a lot more time at the car wash!
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chrissin712

190 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

We finally made it home & already back in routine with the our girls. Left the hotel at 3:40am Central time, arrived home 5:20pm Eastern time. 12 1/2 hour trip roughly with a 2 hour lay-over in Port Huron for lunch & more shopping. Made it to Port Huron by 11:40am (Eastern time), 2 hrs later there was no line at all at the border, couple of questions and the kid let us through. Never seen it so dead during the day.

Glad you made it home. 12+ hours in the fiero sounds like a long day!
It was great to meet you and you both and thanks for all the info on the car.

Chris
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:
Yep that was me. Hopefully next year I'll have the car looking a little prettier..lol.I could have used a lot more time at the car wash!

I stayed long enough to get the bugs off. Of course, the bug collector is loaded back up again after the drive home. I think paint and polish would be needed to make mine look better.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you got home safe and sound x-thumper-x and glad you had a good time. It was nice meeting you and your wife.

Here are a few photos that tshark took

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 09-09-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thumpr, thanks for coming down. It was good to meet you. Have a safe trip back. I just got home. I think thumpr & the guy from KC (I'm forgetful of names) are the only two further than me, so everyone else should have made it safely home by now.

Notwohorns, I didn't see you along the way, so you should have beat me by two or three hours.

It was good to meet so many new (to me) Fiero folks, and see a few familiar ones. I'm forgetful of names, but met so many whose names I have seen online.

Which car was yours? I only made it for the show, also missed meeting alot of folks this time, or met them and never knew their screen name
I forget names fast anyway...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

I saw the slogan. Pontiac's original was something about excitement. Building, maybe. I didn't pay attention beyond that.

"We are driving excitement"

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Which car was yours? I only made it for the show, also missed meeting alot of folks this time, or met them and never knew their screen name
I forget names fast anyway...

A white '88 GT with side scoops and decals on the sides.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Thanks, mrfred.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OH hey we did talk about your decals. I had a blue T shirt with Nintendo's Mario on it. Yep your car is in nice shape.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-09-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I'll try to keep it nice.

It's nice to meet in person the people I've ”met” online.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and on the wing tips

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the UGLY ones they put on when the spoiler was repainted. They couldn't even cut them correctly. I apologize. I will get them fixed. I'm not very trusting at this point, and have only found one place somewhat nearby that can maybe fix these. The place is over an hour from me, and will cost me over $400. Ridiculous! I'll have to take some time off so I can get the car there on a good day. Then again when I pick it up. I'll have to get a second driver also.

The only good thing is that they waived the $55 for these decals. I have pics of the originals, but they disposed of the actual decals.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they look good, only you can see any flaws
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm picky. Just ask my wife. However, that pic would seem to show several flaws.

Usually, when I sell a car, the buyers that know me buy with confidence.

It was good to see what others have done with their cars. I tend to get caught up in the details. Windows that aren't the same speed, locks that don't go all the way, uneven wiper blades, defrosters that don't work on all wires, corrosion on the wheels, discoloration, uneven lines, poor fit, sag, etc. I try to find the best clips. I've replaced steel screws with aluminum, and even had whole parts remade, since it was apart.

I learned a lot from Fred B. His display was impressive. He actually lets people touch the books.

By the way, nice jacket, mrfred.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-09-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I learned a lot from Fred B. His display was impressive. He actually lets people touch the books.

Fred is an enthusiast that likes to spread the excitement.
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm picky. Just ask my wife. However, that pic would seem to show several flaws.

And this is why I left with a huge to do list, already purchased a few new parts, and spent time cleaning up my car when I got home....lol
So many nice cars I felt bad even being in the project class! I thought the graphics looked great.
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chrissin712

190 posts
Member since Feb 2014

At the show a few people mentioned a Fall Color Tour.. but I don't see any info online.
Anybody have the info/date on that event?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully the website gets updated soon. Its Oct 11th. We are heading up to the East Troy Electric Railroad in East Troy WI. Look for more info to come on FieroFocus.com and on the NIFE facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pa...usiasts/237276541486

our next event is the All Pontiac Show in Pontiac IL on Sept 21st. More info is available on FieroFocus.com or https://www.facebook.com/events/1498778653696230/

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 09-10-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I miss the info on the winners?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did I miss the info on the winners?

The winners will be published in the next issue of Fiero Focus magazine. I honestly do not remember all the winners. I think the Lambo rebody got best of show - custom/modified and Chuck Lovely with his black notchie got best of show - stock. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new issue of Fiero Focus magazine is out with all the Fieroama coverage. And what a great cover done by NIFE member Ken Smith

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock