from Louisiana by Cajun
Started on: 06-24-2014 07:12 AM
Replies: 11 (318 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 07-14-2015 06:41 AM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many of you out there on the forum are from Louisiana? It's been a while since I have seen anyone from Louisiana post anything on the forum. Surely I'm not the only one!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gem1138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi from Baton Rouge. I believe that we communicated here years ago. It's been almost 8 years since I got my 88 gt so that gives some idea of the time frame. I recall that you had a parts car and also an old Corvette. Was it a '65?
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gem1138

631 posts
Member since Aug 2007
There was a guy in my neighborhood who bought a burgundy GT with either an LS1 or an LT1, can't remember. He almost never drove it. Now about 8 blocks away I see a burgundy GT parked from time to time. I don't know if it's the same one or another. I saw a red GT in town a couple of years ago but not since. I suspect that there are some around that don't see the road much. Mine is my daily driver.

8 years ago I bought it with 30k miles. Now I am approaching 80k.
Starting from front to back, I have replaced the radiator, the radiator fan, front brake pads twice, both ball joints on the driver's side, the circulating fan, heater core, ignition switch, several batteries, starter, water pump, timing chain, auto clutch solenoid and of course many bulbs. I have repaired my left headlight motor twice. My oldest daughter hit the front with her boy fiend's pickup and my youngest daughter was rear ended by a C5 Vette. Both bumper covers are damaged, and the silver paint has turned to yucky grey.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got rid of all my parts/donor cars. Now, just have parts to enable me to keep mt '86 GT running with minimal expense. correct, I have a '65 Corvette and still restoring it!
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I remember that you work internationally as an engineer related to the petroleum industry? Maybe I have you confused with someone else.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, that was me. I recently retired and now living back in the states.
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Houma, LA. I'm looking for other Fiero owners close to me. There is one daily driven red 87-88 in my town, I know where he works, and he has possible two more that are not running. Last night, a friend of mine told me that he had a friend with a Fiero sitting in his backyard. I'm trying to find out more info on him now.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to there are others from Louisiana on the forum. I have not seen a Fiero on the road in the Lafayette area in a year or so. As you have noticed there are not many Fiero's driven around Louisiana!

Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, there sure aren't. There is a very nice, red DD that someone else in Houma is driving. He has 1, possibly 2 other cars as well. There is a Lamborghini Countach kits in Gray (town bordering Houma), or atleast used to be. A buddy of mine knows of another car sitting in the backyard of a friend of his. So there are atleast 5-6 cars near me, but I haven't met any of the owners yet.
88fierogt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierogt123Send a Private Message to 88fierogt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use to live in Bourg, outside of Houma, and still work 7&7 out of Houma. I bought a T top et up years ago, for my fiero, but decided not to use it if your interested, I got the front, and rear sections from the original car to use as templates, and a install manual, got the 1/4 rivets. The seals aren't that god, but I got and was planning to use a set of 3 gen Camaro to top seals and modifying them.
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love have T-tops, but I believe the conversion is outside of my scope of abilities. I am wanting to do the sunroof. Conversion though, and I found the parts I need for the job. I am trying to work out something, and have a friend's pick up my parts, and bring them to Houma for me.

[This message has been edited by Darth Z (edited 07-13-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88fierogt123,

Do you have the glass sections also?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock