My Formula's New Paint by BZAnathema
Started on: 06-24-2014 01:50 AM
Replies: 13 (399 views)
Last post by: BZAnathema on 06-24-2014 08:57 PM
BZAnathema

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I shopped up a mockery of the paint job I think I want on my Formula. What do you guys think?

[This message has been edited by BZAnathema (edited 06-24-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Opinions on paint schemes are very subjective. Please keep that in mind when you read my (and other's) comments.

I have a Formula (red) and it has a black hood (with vents). However, I don't like the black extending down onto the nose in the manner you've depicted. I also don't like the black on the roof. Is the entire decklid black, or just the wing? I might like what you've envisioned more if you remove the black from the roof but make the entire decklid black.

Everyone will have a different opinion.
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ehh, I say no.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not my cup of tea!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you got some clear coat issues on top you are touching up?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im not feeling it at all either. Looks like a car made up of other cars parts. If you want to go the 2 tone route similar, but dont want the typical break at the molding, try putting a line on the fenders and quarters that matches the bottom of the side windows. Paint that top black, and below white...id even add a 1/8-1/4 inch pinstripe at the break line to enhance it. I think that would look pretty good and make the car profile 'look' lower.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the design, but not black. Maybe a light sky blue (#81F7F3) , or a dark deep blue (#0404B4).
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote thumbs down.
BZAnathema

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Revised with rogergarrison's ideas. I like this a lot. What about with an additional red pinstripe?

Black only:

Red:

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was playing around with photoshop also, looks like we all decided to do basicly the same thing with covering more of the roof.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-24-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BZAnathema:

Revised with rogergarrison's ideas. I like this a lot. What about with an additional red pinstripe?

Black only:

Red:

I like these better. Something else you might consider is keeping the rear wing white (but paint the wing stands black). Something break up the design so it's not just a wide black stripe covering the top of the car. The edges coming over the fender does that. It makes it a little more interesting. Play around with a few different ideas. You may stumble across something you like a lot better than what you originally envisioned.
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Black from the molding up and "White" on the bottom.....And the all the molding all the way around in Red.
BZAnathema

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is getting a bit pic-heavy, so here's a link to what fierogtlt1 described: http://imgur.com/o5FGFRM

BZAnathema

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BZAnathema

39 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Formula88: White wing is not my cup of tea. http://imgur.com/W9cWPz2

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay