The different nose badges by notwohorns
Started on: 06-23-2014 07:08 PM
Replies: 16 (557 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 07-01-2014 07:01 AM
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's the gold, silver, and the GT noise badges. I know about the GT nose badges. But what years took the gold and silver?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

There's the gold, silver, and the GT noise badges. I know about the GT nose badges. But what years took the gold and silver?

Gold was 84-85 Silver 86-88 on non GT cars.

They all use the same mounts and are interchangeable if you get the urge to change. Just note the later badge is just a little larger.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought Gold was 84 only.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Indy has its own badge entirely
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The badges have a peg on them along with the mounting peg. I noticed that on the gold badge I have it was opposite from the silver gt badge I have. I only noticed because I wanted to put the gold badge on my 87 gt and the hole was in the wrong spot...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I thought Gold was 84 only.

No my 85 has the gold and black one too.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

5995 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

The badges have a peg on them along with the mounting peg. I noticed that on the gold badge I have it was opposite from the silver gt badge I have. I only noticed because I wanted to put the gold badge on my 87 gt and the hole was in the wrong spot...

Not sure what you have there. I own multiples of each year emblem I also have the each variation GT and Indy along with coupe. I also own a hand full of the prototype 1990 coupe and one 1990 GT emblem and they all have the same pin and stud and bolt in the same way on ever Fiero Nose I have seen. Even the 4th gen Firebird used the same mounting pin and stud arrangements.

The only real issue is on the early Gold emblem it is a little smaller than the others and there could be a line on the bumper from the slightly larger later emblem that the older emblem would not cover.

In fact I am looking at the display case right next to me with them and the size is just a little smaller. Now going to the newer emblem to the older coupe would be no issue as it would cover the bumper and any wear line.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have gold on my 86 SE
Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I own multiples of each year emblem I also have the each variation GT and Indy along with coupe. I also own a hand full of the prototype 1990 coupe and one 1990 GT emblem and they all have the same pin and stud and bolt in the same way on ever Fiero Nose I have seen.

I was unaware that there were different variations of the GT nose emblem - can you post pics of the variations?

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have also noticed the alignment stud is on the opposite side on the GT badges.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stand corrected on the GT Emblem being different. .

I opened my case and all my emblems are the same accept for the Stock GT emblem and Indy Emblem. The GT nose had the locating pin on the opposite side but the bolt in stud was in the same place as the others.

The 1990 emblems were all located in the Coupe nose side including the 1990 GT emblem.

Sorry but I made a mistake on this one and never noticed they move the location of the locating pin. I never tried to put the GT on my coupe nose so I never really noticed it till now.

It looks as if you can remove the locating pin and install it if you the need.

PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

5995 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Cokeologist:

I was unaware that there were different variations of the GT nose emblem - can you post pics of the variations?

There were only two GT emblems the one you know and the one for the 1990 GT that there are only 3-4 that are accounted for. I am having issues posting photos but just google 1990 Fiero emblems and it is black with red and white letters raised in a 3D fashion. It was a shame it was never used as it is sharp looking. The coupes were also 3D raised and were made in several colors and chrome since they were samples. Not sure what the final one would have been but I have a Chrome, Red and Black on my car now and it looks good on a black car.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

I noticed the same thing when swapping from a gold badge to silver. Peg was on the wrong side and I had to make a new hole.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I have gold on my 86 SE

Gold on an 86, that I am pretty sure is not stock.
Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

There were only two GT emblems the one you know and the one for the 1990 GT that there are only 3-4 that are accounted for. I am having issues posting photos but just google 1990 Fiero emblems and it is black with red and white letters raised in a 3D fashion. It was a shame it was never used as it is sharp looking. The coupes were also 3D raised and were made in several colors and chrome since they were samples. Not sure what the final one would have been but I have a Chrome, Red and Black on my car now and it looks good on a black car.

Thanks very much hyperv6 - pls check your PMs
JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok...I had to know so I looked it up. I knew my 85s both had the gold. According to the enthusiasts guide the gold emblem was 84-85, and the silver one was 86-88. The Gt emblem was the black plastic with silver and red edging. The older one and the Indy one has the metal base. The 86-88 and GT emblems do not.

JJ

PS I didn't see that second post.

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 06-29-2014).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cokeologist:

Thanks very much hyperv6 - pls check your PMs

Sent PM. the E mail did not work for me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock