Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New here and just testing the image posting.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
New here and just testing the image posting. by mjstone
Started on: 06-22-2014 11:12 AM
Replies: 20 (325 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 06-24-2014 09:39 AM
mjstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mjstoneSend a Private Message to mjstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone!

I purchased my '84 SE a couple of months ago and discovered this great forum! I'm going to try out pip to see if I can post some pics.

MJ

[img]

So, far just a failure.

[This message has been edited by mjstone (edited 06-22-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you use PIP, don't add the [IMG] tags. Just copy and paste the link from PIP.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-22-2014).]

mjstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mjstoneSend a Private Message to mjstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's try again.

Success!

MJ
mjstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mjstoneSend a Private Message to mjstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mjstone

23 posts
Member since May 2014
Thanks IMSA GT.
Now I've got to figure out how to do this in Linux. I can't stand Windows. May have to resort to Wine.

MJ
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mjstone:

Thanks IMSA GT.
Now I've got to figure out how to do this in Linux. I can't stand Windows. May have to resort to Wine.

MJ

No problem.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum , nice lookin car
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. Nice looking Fiero. Lots of members on here from Michigan.
mjstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mjstoneSend a Private Message to mjstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now we'll try posting pics from Linux using Wine with PIP.

MJ
mjstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mjstoneSend a Private Message to mjstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mjstone

23 posts
Member since May 2014
I'm a pic postin' fool now! Thanks 2.5 an mrfred8. As you can see in the pics the paint has seen better days.

Here is the rest of the pics of my car.

Here is both of my rides.

MJ
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now we'll try posting pics from Linux using Wine with PIP.

I found it much easier to use an alternate host (imgur.com, myself) and use [IMG] links, rather than having to install and manage Wine.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm a pic postin' fool now!

Now you're showing off. Glad to see that PIP will work with Linux.

Originally posted by seq:

I found it much easier to use an alternate host (imgur.com, myself) and use [IMG] links...

Sure, and then several months/years from now, all that will show up in your posts is a series of red X's.

With PIP, as long as this forum is in existence, the images will never disappear.

Please Help Fight the Red X
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Makes me wish I could run legally without a front license plate in MN.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite Fiero bumpers too..... I even put it on my 86 GT before I painted it.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Makes me wish I could run legally without a front license plate in MN.

I ran without one on my 2001 Monte Pace Car up until a year ago. Not running with one on the Fiero. But the new Fusion I do. Don't like them on the toys.

Oh yeah. Welcome MJ!

[This message has been edited by Jason88Notchie (edited 06-23-2014).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIP is nothing more than an automated FTP client. Using the information in it's configuration file (fieroforum.pip), you can use any FTP client to upload pictures, including the fireftp addon for Firefox (which runs under Linux), or do manual FTP commands.

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Sure, and then several months/years from now, all that will show up in your posts is a series of red X's.

With PIP, as long as this forum is in existence, the images will never disappear.

I too hate red Xs. I picked imgur because it has a fair amount of weight behind it (most of the images on reddit are hosted on it), and I don't expect it to disappear any time soon. It was created because of the issues with photobucket, and other similar sites. It's also a single place for me to throw photos up -- If I want to post photos of my car to gtfieros, I don't need to re-upload using their preferred image host.

That said, I'd be willing to use PIP if it had a standard HTML-based file uploader (the thread linked mentioned a web interface, but I couldn't find it). Putting images on the internet shouldn't require a thick client application.

The thread linked above also references MyFiero.com as an alternative. Aside from a quite restrictive file size limit (that effectively eliminates it anyway), it is still a third-party site and potentially subject to the red-x issue.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

mjstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mjstoneSend a Private Message to mjstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I'm a member of SOHC4.net forum and have looked at what appeared to be some really helpful posts that turned out to be useless because the images where hosted elsewhere and had been deleted. I always posted directly to the forum there so my images will always be there. Thats why I took the extra effort to figure out how to post them here with PIP.

MJ
mjstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mjstoneSend a Private Message to mjstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mjstone

23 posts
Member since May 2014

Originally posted by TopNotch:

PIP is nothing more than an automated FTP client. Using the information in it's configuration file (fieroforum.pip), you can use any FTP client to upload pictures, including the fireftp addon for Firefox (which runs under Linux), or do manual FTP commands.

If I couldn't get PIP to work the next thing to do was to go the ftp route. There were other Windows programs that I wanted to get running so I needed to try Wine anyway.

MJ
mjstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mjstoneSend a Private Message to mjstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mjstone

23 posts
Member since May 2014

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

My favorite Fiero bumpers too..... I even put it on my 86 GT before I painted it.

When I finally decided to get me a Fiero it had to have that front end. I don't like the GT's front end.

MJ

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I couldn't get PIP to work the next thing to do was to go the ftp route. There were other Windows programs that I wanted to get running so I needed to try Wine anyway.

MJ

PIP is a total piece of cake. I don't understand why people have so many issues. Just follow the instructions.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIP worked great on my original computer 15 years ago. Soon as I went to XP, problems started. I quit from the aggravation and now use Picturetrail to host pics. Its simple and far as I know I never get red Xs unless 'I' remove the pic...a feature I like. If you want to keep a pic I post, save it...dont expect me to leave it up forever.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock