Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Local car shows .....because everyone loves pictures.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Local car shows .....because everyone loves pictures. by Asphalt Risin
Started on: 06-20-2014 10:09 PM
Replies: 26 (780 views)
Last post by: Dave E Bouy on 06-24-2014 09:16 PM
Asphalt Risin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a few fieros in attendence today at the Strathroy turkey festival car show. ......and don't tell me you've never heard of Strathroy. :0
I always like checking out pics here, so figured I'd post a few.

A couple of us meeting ahead of time.

At the show:
One of the nicer stock 85GT's you'll see.

An awesome northstar powered fiero:

And myself

The engines:

The northstar

3800SC (I know, I need some detailing

Lots of other cars as well:

Anyone wants to chime in with more small town show pictures..... thats what I'm hoping for.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sandwich IL a few weeks ago.

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, those are a nice set of Fieros! Clean! Thanks for sharing these!
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing.

I've always liked "Small Town" shows, the atmosphere is a lot more friendly, and a lot of times some really special cars show up.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! What is that blue car?
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Thats an '85 GT. if you mean the fiero.

...unless you're reffering to the Bugatti. ...not too familiar with those myself. Neat though.

[This message has been edited by Asphalt Risin (edited 06-21-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess the Bugatti. The Fieros I can usually pick out.
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess the Bugatti. The Fieros I can usually pick out.

lol... fair enough. Often the question of specific model a fiero is gets raised. ...you never know.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a "Replica Kit" of a 1937 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic. Originals are very rare and command a very high price.
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

It's a "Replica Kit" of a 1937 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic. Originals are very rare and command a very high price.

I dunno about that. His window sign stated quite clearly. "NOT A KIT CAR"
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

I dunno about that. His window sign stated quite clearly. "NOT A KIT CAR"

Not going to argue with the owner, but I checked photo's of Originals in a 3 years time period they were produced, there are noticeable differences between his car and Production Model photo's. When comparing his to Kit Cars of that model, his more closely resembles lines on the Kits offered.

Keep in mind that if it's Original, if would fetch over $5,000,000.00 at Auction if it can be documented. Last Original Auctioned went for $8 Million. Now normally you would not see this type of car at a Small Town Car Show, parked on the street, with no poles and tapes around it. But this is a crazy World, so anything is possible.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Either way, there were at least 3 cars at the show I'd rather have. I wouldn't want that car.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet....a Virtual car-show!!!

Vicksburg, MI annual Old Car Fest, been going for 34 years, now
I have been to 4
sooo lets start with this year

I used to own that 95 TA but I traded up with the V8 GT....sooooo no harm no foul.
plus got a sweet pic of them togeather which I never thought was gunna happen

same show but in 2011 with the Mera

I love photo bombs!!

this Volvo has well over 3 MILLION miles.....so its cool to have this

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-22-2014).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a "small" town but it was close to home:

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 06-22-2014).]

Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

Those look pretty sinister next to each other.

[This message has been edited by Asphalt Risin (edited 06-22-2014).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Small town show with 33 cars and one cheerleader!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Enterra!
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a great thread! I can't wait to get home next month. Been almost a year since I got to drive my Fiero...
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Asphalt Risin:

We had a few fieros in attendence today at the Strathroy turkey festival car show. ......and don't tell me you've never heard of Strathroy. :0

I wish I had known!

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

I wish I had known!

Another Pennocks member in London.... wow, not often that happens. There's a couple other good shows we're planning to head to. ...on the beach at ipperwash in August, and Rock Glen (Forest) in September. Would be good to meet another local guy. ...nice car btw (checked out your pics)
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is more hometown then a parade. 7 NIFE members took part in the Geveva IL Swedish Days Parade yesterday:

lined up waiting for the parade to start

And finally our turn

A different Darth Fiero then the one here on the forum:
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the Star Wars pose, looks like Maul wants to drive.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another Pennocks member in London.... wow, not often that happens. There's a couple other good shows we're planning to head to. ...on the beach at ipperwash in August, and Rock Glen (Forest) in September. Would be good to meet another local guy. ...nice car btw (checked out your pics)

seems more often than not lately
not sure if PBJ has another Fiero but the one he had.....was the Jam and Jelly!!!!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069254.html

heres some snaps from the Mendon MI show in 2013

and the best annual "show" in my 50 mile radius!!! Ferrari Track Day at Gingerman Raceway!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-23-2014).]

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just posted some information in the events section for the Wills Family GM Heritage Show in Hamilton on July 13. I've registered already.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 06-23-2014).]

Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:
not sure if PBJ has another Fiero but the one he had.....was the Jam and Jelly!!!!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069254.html
...and the best annual "show" in my 50 mile radius!!! Ferrari Track Day at Gingerman Raceway!!!!!!

I havent seen PBJ this summer, but he's sitll around. Jam and jelly is right ...awesome car.

How'd you stack up against the ferrari's? ...gotta share some details on that.
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

I wish I had known!

You would be more than welcome at any events we go to seq. Maybe pm me your email address and I'll be sure and let you know if we've got something g going on. There aren't many of us in this neck of the woods anymore ..................
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave E Bouy

1465 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by California Kid:

Not going to argue with the owner, but I checked photo's of Originals in a 3 years time period they were produced, there are noticeable differences between his car and Production Model photo's. When comparing his to Kit Cars of that model, his more closely resembles lines on the Kits offered.

Keep in mind that if it's Original, if would fetch over $5,000,000.00 at Auction if it can be documented. Last Original Auctioned went for $8 Million. Now normally you would not see this type of car at a Small Town Car Show, parked on the street, with no poles and tapes around it. But this is a crazy World, so anything is possible.

OK I'm going with you cuz while that was a nice car there were a few obvious issues with finish quality and there ain't no way that was a seven figure car

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock