Chop top and engine, transmission ?? by Vesquar
Started on: 06-16-2014 09:26 AM
Replies: 5 (180 views)
Last post by: Vesquar on 06-16-2014 11:07 AM
Vesquar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was curious how hard it would be to chop the top on my fiero. Also I've seen a lot of people with 3800sc engines. Is that my best bet or is there a better option?? My car is an automatic and crap on that, what transmission should I go with to butt up with my engine. Sorry for all the nooby questions, this fiero thing seems to be a lot more complex then any other gm I have owned. :P
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gauging 'difficult' & 'best' is always relative.

I would never attempt a choptop, as it's far to difficult for my skill level. As for 'best' engine, which do you value more? Horse Power, reliability, gas mileage, the way it looks visually?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vesquar:

So I was curious how hard it would be to chop the top on my fiero. Also I've seen a lot of people with 3800sc engines. Is that my best bet or is there a better option?? My car is an automatic and crap on that, what transmission should I go with to butt up with my engine. Sorry for all the nooby questions, this fiero thing seems to be a lot more complex then any other gm I have owned. :P

Anyone can chop a top .... but doing it right is the question.... many have tried alot have failed. V8Archie sells choptop kits but if I remember correctly does NOT have any side door glass to sell anymore. They do come up on Ebay once in a while... which I am also wanting to buy.
As for which tranny the 4T65E-HD would be a good choice with a 3800SC II.... as of the best choice for your application that is a big topic of discussion
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 06-16-2014).]

Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, sorry guys I guess I shoulda been more specific. I am going for reliability and horsepower. I noticed that transmission is an automatic. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a strong 5 speed.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vesquar:

Ok, sorry guys I guess I shoulda been more specific. I am going for reliability and horsepower. I noticed that transmission is an automatic. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a strong 5 speed.

You could always go with a F40 manual 6 Speed from a Pontiac G6.... mine will be installed after this fiero season because I will be in Frazee MN this summer for Tylers Memorial Car Show. Archie also sells those kits
regards
Danyel
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok thank you I will be looking into that 6 speed

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock