Can short people drive fieros? by wayneman
Started on: 06-15-2014 07:14 AM
Replies: 14 (392 views)
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 06-16-2014 07:41 PM
wayneman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife is 5 ft. tall or at least she was at some point. Has trouble getting the clutch to completely disengage. If i put the seat all the way forward she can't breath. Is there a remedy out there that anyone knows of? I"m not talking about much more than an inch adjustment in the pedal.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen pedal extensions that mount on top of the pedal. They raise the foot pad area by 2 or 3 inches. A much better and satisfying solution would be to buy an automatic Fiero for her and keep the stick shift for yourself.
http://creativemobilitygrou...tes-pedal-extenders/
http://www.creativecontrols...ducts/pedalmates.htm
http://creativemobilitygroup.com/shop/pedal-mates/
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know one thing for sure though, short people have a much easier time getting into and out of the car I've got the "mail your arse in and duck your head" technique down cold, but getting up out of the my car is still a chore...
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm barely 5'2" and I have a difficult time with my clutch sometimes too. It depends on the shoes I wear. Other than that, the car is perfect for me.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone! I have some ideas bouncing around in my head. I will solve this dilemma and share with you all.

I am new to this forum and look forward to chatting. I am finally getting a fiero after all these years. Now that I am in mid-life crisis I can relive the years of having fieros again. My first was an 87 automatic, black w gray. Two years later I scored an 88 formula 5 spd, red w gray. Wow what a difference. In one week I will be getting a white 88 GT 5 spd w tan interior. Only 29 K mi.
Have lots of plans and can't wait to get started!
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife is only 5 foot 3 and it was not popular but I have suggested this before
LOL
and to answer your questions
1 NO I am NOT suggesting it
2 YES I get hit every time.
While I sing what I can remember of the song short people have no reason to live

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMOS!!!

Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind!

I also thought about upgrading to a taller version
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
LMAO!!!
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
Maybe I could install a 2nd clutch pedal on the passenger side ????
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my wife too. She is only around 5' but her problem isn't here height. It is her gut, bah hah ha ha ha ha.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A gentleman friend of mine who at one time owned a Fiero (he's since switched to a 300zx convertible, which is a car he had been wanting forever) has an issue with the length of one of his legs and is barely 5 foot and drove his '88 Fiero fine when he owned it. Even had Ed Parks throw a 3.4L conversion it in years ago.

I also know another individual that owned a '88 coupe that had a clutch pedal extension. It was similar to that creativemobility thingie in the link above. It was purely on the clutch pedal though, just to make sure it would completely depress.

The Fiero pedals are unfortunately not in the best of positions. I think even people in the half five foot range have issues especially with the clutch since sometimes it seems like it just depresses into the car forever, and forever, and forever....
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"people in the half five foot range" ?

Wouldn't that make them 2 1/2 foot tall?

My wife is 5'2" tall and never had trouble with the 4 speed I had--well, not with the pedals anyway. She was forever getting it hung up between 2nd and 3rd gear.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my girl is 5'2 and cant fully press the clutch either, then again, i find where i like my seat, i have to fully stretch my leg/foot out to put the clutch to the floor, and im 6'0
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well you said Fieros. Sooooo. I got an auto.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
"people in the half five foot range" ?

Wouldn't that make them 2 1/2 foot tall?

I know I know. I read that after I posted it and just kind of decided not to edit it

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock