Iron man clean up by kendallville
Started on: 06-11-2014 09:15 PM
Replies: 4 (556 views)
Last post by: kendallville on 07-21-2015 12:54 AM
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to call my sons 86 GT Iron man because of the two tone paint the po used. Any way in another post I had asked
about the trunk leak, this morning after getting lots of rain I checked and no water in the trunk. Also I have been trying to get it to
run, it is getting better but still needs work. I have cleaned the mouse nest out by the defrost coil and cleaned out all leaves and
pine needles. Started cleaning out the inside sweep and clean dash , seats . I decided to post some pics so I can remember
what I have done ( sucks getting old ) and for future questions.

started cleaning up the rims will take time

Iron man look

Some one decided they needed the sail panels more than he did and broke both to try to get them off

The PO also tried to repaint it and did no prep work just painted over the original paint, now its starting to flake off
not sure what I will do about that , can't afford a paint job now. ( not to mention the Iron man thing )

broken tail light

broken head light motor doesn't work

and needs a new windshield ( kid broke it )
Since we are both broke I have a life time of work ahead or if I had money he would have a parts car .
I will no doubt be asking a lot of questions ( already started ) But there are some good points like it had no rust
in the trunk so maybe the frame is better than I would have thought ( mine had a hole rusted through in the trunk ).
Let the fun begin

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was working in the trunk today, I wanted to know why the trunk blower never worked and the radiator fan is always on.
Unplugged the motor on the trunk blower, and ran wires from the plug to the battery . The motor started to blow air and
dust out of the pipes so I know the motor works.

I then checked the relay but it would not plug into the tester, to old

The PO had done some the dumb with the wiring . The connector to the temp sensor was unplugged and broken
then a wire ran from it to the map sensor . which makes the radiator fan run all the time and the trunk blower not at
all . Plus the was only one wire I am thinking there should have been two to the sensor . here is a pic of that mess

Not sure what to think of that mess , I also started a post in tech to ask for help I don't do electrical, and cant read
schematics so it might have to stay that way.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been slow working on this one ( health and wealth ) did get it running, could be better. needs to be rebuilt
leaks a lot of oil, a swap would be great but that costs money also . worked today on the driver side door handles
inner and outer , Now at least you don't have to put the window down to get out. The outer worked but was broken
on one side, the inner did not work at all. Need to clean the engine and find out where the oil leeks are.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you have your hands full. Keep it up and let us know how's it going
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well finally back working on it, I got new glass over the weekend ( windshield ) now waiting on trim from the Fiero Store .
Found a new rear clip for it as well, hope to pick up soon. Then I can start posting pics of the work.
Also got a new windshield wiper arm from the Fiero Store and put that on ( cheap and easy fix ).
Would love to start painting it but paint is out of the budget right now. baby steps for now since I am still working
on my own car. Might paint the frame while I have the rear clip off it probably needs it but not sure till I see it.

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 07-21-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock