Hello from Germany by Makrochip
Started on: 06-10-2014 05:12 PM
Replies: 12 (413 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 06-13-2014 12:59 PM
Makrochip

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MakrochipClick Here to visit Makrochip's HomePageSend a Private Message to MakrochipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Fiero-Fans,

I'm Makrochip 35 yrs old and come from southwestern Germany.
I own a 87 Fiero Coupe in the (for 1987) typical 9077-Color. It has tilt steering column, Stereo-Radio with 4 Speakers, ATM and AC. It had get the typical 15" rims with the wide tyres by an previous owner here in Germany. The 14" wheels are still in stock but not in a good condition.

The Car was selled through Oceans Pontiac in Danvers, MA. I know that, 'cause there is still the badge of them on the rear deck lid.

3 weeks ago i took him for a ride on special german plates that can be used for test drives that are limited on 5 days. I drive 400 mls in that 5 days finding out that there is a little work to do at the front brakes and the headlights (i knew that before - parts from rodney d. are in stock ;-)), not so bad for a car, that was standing more or less for 2,5 yrs in a barn (sometimes parked on an other corner of the barn, but not driven longer distances than half a mile). The following pics are from this 5 days:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I know through a Fiero-VIN-Decoder, that it is the 45710 of 46581 Fiero was built 1987. Is there any chance to get the information about the correct "Birthday" of my Fiero? Is it a seldom car in that config? Is there a 1987 price list somewhere in the web?

Thanks in common

Makrochip
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! There should be a month of assembly listed on the door-jamb sticker...there is also a date sticker on the ALDL connector under the arm rest, but that is the date the harness was made, and not the date the car was assembled.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. Oceans Pontiac was one of the largerst sellers of Fieros. Here is a video that was made to celebrate their sales.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!

I don't know what that charcoal-colored thing on the rear decklid is, but that's a nice-looking car. Congratulations.
Makrochip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MakrochipClick Here to visit Makrochip's HomePageSend a Private Message to MakrochipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@Gall757: Thx - i'll take a look next time

@mrfred8: I know the vid..... great thing from the factory doin' a hounoring like that...

@tshark Thx! That thing is a plastic plate with Oceans Pontiac Adress on it...
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome to the forum from Florida! Nice looking car
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Makrochip:

@tshark Thx! That thing is a plastic plate with Oceans Pontiac Adress on it...

I think tshark was referring to the wing; it's not a Fiero part.

Great looking car! It must be really rare in the land of BMW, VW & Mercedes!

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 06-10-2014).]

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wilkomen zu das Forum! I was stationed in Deutchland from 2003-2010. Met my frau there. Loved it. Great culture, great food, and great driving. Once you get that Fiero up to spec you will really enjoy it on the "Twisties". Check out "The Mall" here in the forum. Look for the "$100 brake upgrade" and check out that post. Really the best "bang for the buck" you will find for your brakes. Also, there are many, many great deals and vendors at that link that can save you a lot of Euro's on upgrades and replacement parts for your car.

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 06-11-2014).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to check out this site, from another German Fiero owner. He has a lot of good information.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!
Nice car
Looks like you need some floor mats.
Makrochip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MakrochipClick Here to visit Makrochip's HomePageSend a Private Message to MakrochipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thx for all the comments....

I know the Spoiler on the Decklid isn't a Pontiac-Part but it belongs to the history of the car. I've got all Names and adresses of the Owners in Germany of the car maybe the first one has some documents from the time when it ran in the USA.

In case of the Brake-Update: Nice thing but i'm driving the Fiero very carefully cause its very seldom in Germany (less than 15 pcs. on sale in Plattforms like Craig List) and the Parts are expensive in case of the high shipping fee's and german dutys... f.e in a big Webshop for US-Carparts residated in Germany (kts.de) you pay for one Set of front brakepads (Raybestos Professional Grade) and 2 Brake Discs (also Raybestos) with shipping costs within Germany 219,78 € (ca. 297,82 U$).

Although i drive a french little car called Renault Twingo (i put three pics @T end of this note, so you guys will have something to laugh :-) ) with a fuel economy of 39.94 MPG.
I've to save my money to buy these parts, 'cause i don't get it through the german car inspection you have to do every 2 years, without them. The Fiero is all the money that other people spent for summer vacation, discos, brand-name clothing and big daily drivers.

Driving an US-Car in Germany is a sign of luxury with comes from a good payed job or (in my case) a very strong austerity.

[This message has been edited by Makrochip (edited 06-12-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Herzlich willkommen im Forum von einem deutschen Fiero-Fahrer im Amiland...

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, you seem like a pretty cool cat. Welcome!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock