Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pick N Pull trip report, Sacramento, 88 4cyl.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pick N Pull trip report, Sacramento, 88 4cyl. by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 06-07-2014 02:55 PM
Replies: 6 (259 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 06-08-2014 01:27 AM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the Pick N Pull on Stockton Ave in Elk Grove, CA (Sacramento). Saw they had an '88 new on the lot for a couple of weeks. The gal on the phone couldn't tell me if it was a GT or not. I made the drive anyway hoping to find a few nice items I could use or just to rescue or save for barter. Turned out to be a wrecked white 4 cylinder car but I still had hopes to find some decent seats or interior pieces.

It was a wasted trip. The car had already been picked over and trashed. No power options or radio. Drivers seat missing, pass seat ripped up. Dash cracked, most trim missing or broken, headliner trashed, engine soaked in dirty oil. I couldn't even find a pair of sun visors to send off for recovering.

The front and rear glass was dirty but looked intact with no cracks. Is there demand for glass out there or is it still readily available?

I posted picks below for anyone interested. The pics don't do it justice. It actually looks worse in person. Could be I don't have an eye for what might be useful from what was left.

VIN # 1G2PE11R2JP218201

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 06-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wingstands are worth about $25-$30
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several members have recently posted about trying to find the chin spoiler for the '87/88 coupe/formula. I had a hard time finding the large, black-plastic piece that connects the bottom of the fascia to the front end and funnels air to the radiator. Also, check the metal stiffener to which the chin spoiler attaches. Mine is rusty so I'll probably be looking for one in a few weeks.

Both fascias look like they're in good shape. I recently paid $35 a piece for front and back fascias and neither was in as good a shape as these appear to be.

The marker lights and the smooth molding are usually sought after.

Edit: Of course, someone is always interested in the 88 suspension parts and cradle.

[This message has been edited by Quad Raider (edited 06-07-2014).]

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for the record: That's a WO2 option Fiero...Sport appearance package only on 88 dukes. Most of them seem to be in California. It has the wing and body color rockers..side and rear.

Learn More Here

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 06-07-2014).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It pays to get the front hubs if they turn smoothly. Even better if they are the factory originals.
Thanks for all the pics. I had actually planned on going down there myself. Not surprised at the condition. Fiero's tend to be abused animals. . Kit
yellow peril

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
steering racks are getting hard to come by. I am trying to deal with one now…AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The headlight motors, headlight control module, and front wiring harness are always in demand by owners of pre 87-88 Fieros who wish to do the swap to the 2nd generation system.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-08-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock