Started on: 06-07-2014 08:12 AM
Replies: 17 (538 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 06-11-2014 08:00 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Local paper did a story on the TDI Fiero

Click on this to see story This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Thanks to latefomula for fixing link

To see larger copy, follow this link, http://scc.eed.sunnewspaper...eno=30&view=document

Once open , click on lower right button, then click on story to enlarge

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

If anyone can figure out how to capture the image into a pdf or jpg file I would thank them. I hate just posting a link w/o image.

Right click on the picture you want, select "save image as", from the popup menu choose where you want to save the file. Once the file is saved on your computer you can post it like any other pic. Sometimes you can can copy the image location and link it with the "image" button, but it didn't work when I tried it with the pics in the atricle.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad, check your email.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you sent the pictures to me.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Right click on the picture you want, select "save image as"

Thanks

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

you sent the pictures to me.

OOPS!!
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Thanks, That's what I needed.
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a great story.
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great article. Always a good day when an article about a Fiero appears.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know you had a turbo diesel Fiero. Cool!

PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... some positive media attention for once! Gotta like that.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Wow... some positive media attention for once! Gotta like that.

Yeah! He took it as the cool car it is now - instead of dredging up 30-year-old "news" about the car's recall.

That might be why he didn't bother to mention other people's stories where "most burned to the ground".
And I guess he never saw the typo where people misquoted "suspension similar to Lotus" to become "suspension designed by Lotus".

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-08-2014).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I didn't know you had a turbo diesel Fiero. Cool!

Yes, I've owned it for a year now, bmwguru came up with the idea and built it at his shop. It's an interesting car, Dave, Joey, Ryan & myself have found it hard to describ how it feels to drive it. On the outside it's a Fiero, under the hood and inside the cabin it's using TDI technology with ecm and gauges and the "fly-by-wiire" gas pedal.

It handles like an 88 Fiero should, but the sound and performance of the TdI is different. At crusing speed, it's actually quieter than the V6, which I find amazing and also the lower noise makes crusing more enjoyable over long distances. Of course at idle, it sounds like a diesel, with and interesting slight turbo whine. When accelerating, the turbo whine actually gets louder, kind of sounds like what you'd expect from a cummings diesel pickup turbo whine. It's really kind of neat, I've seen people turn their heads with a "what the heck is that" look on their faces. I have to laugh when it happens.

It can be driven two ways,

1. Driven like a granny, pull away from lights slowly, conserving the fuel and giving the guy behind a break from diesel exhaust.

2. Driven like a teenager, pulling away from the light with Turbo Boost PSI at 15, leaving the guy behind in the Toyota Prius in bellowing noxious clouds of diesel exhaust, knowing he's reaching for his phone to look up the environmental protection agency number to report you as a hazzard to mankind !

I usually perfer the number 1 driving style for a number of reasons, the main reason is, I don't want to be calling bmwguru and asking, hey, where were those custom axles made, I need to replace them cause I drove like an idot.

jscott1 , since you didn't know about the turbo diesel Fiero, here's a few links.

The official TDI engine swap https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082918.html This is Dave's (bmwguru) build link.

Life with TDI swap # 1 https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092218.html This is my link that chronicles my ownership.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Yeah! He took it as the cool car it is now - instead of dredging up 30-year-old "news" about the car's recall.

That might be why he didn't bother to mention other people's stories where "most burned to the ground".
And I guess he never saw the typo where people misquoted "suspension similar to Lotus" to become "suspension designed by Lotus".

It's was the same guy that did the story on jimmys car & my GT. He was hooked after driving Jimmy's car !!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-10-2014).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish that the reporters would do their job a little better and maybe make an effort to make a call to me. I have no problem answering any questions that anyone has about the builds. The article is great, but I would have liked to given credit to my employee, Ryan who put in half of the money upfront and did half of the fabrication work on the car. He built the engine mounting system and other welding related parts of the car. The shop is located in Lakewood on the Toms River border, not in Howell. I live in Howell.

There was one other article a few months back here that has all the facts messed up, used all the "in progress" pics and was trying to take a cheap shot at the Fiero, but I contacted the editor and he promised to fix the factual inaccuracies, but never did.

http://www.stanceiseverythi...agen-powered-fieros/

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave, Thanks for the thorough response. I've been checking the forum less recently and the two slipped under my radar.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

There was one other article a few months back here that has all the facts messed up, used all the "in progress" pics and was trying to take a cheap shot at the Fiero, but I contacted the editor and he promised to fix the factual inaccuracies, but never did.

Here's another writer who doesn't have all the facts. Never heard “Tupperware Corvair” before.
http://www.streetlegaltv.co...car-seeks-big-bucks/

"With it’s rear engine design and unsafe characteristics, its nickname of “Tupperware Corvair” turned out to be a little bit of a premonition,
seeing as how an early bulletin had the short block replaced due to potential fire."

"The Pace Car replicas, like this one, received the 2.4L engine instead of the 2.5L “Iron Duke” in the other models."

I really have to wonder what 2.4L engine he's talking about. Just a typo? Maybe he was confused??
It should have said "...received the 2.5L “Iron Duke” engine instead of the 2.8L V6 in the later models."

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-11-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock