Fiero Fastback Taillight Lens Covers by canfirst
Started on: 06-05-2014 07:58 PM
Replies: 2 (528 views)
Last post by: jediperk on 06-06-2014 01:30 AM
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am curious if anyone had ever considered fabricating taillight lens covers to protect the lenses from damage such as stone chips?

Would it be difficult or cost prohibitive to fabricate lens covers from plastic similar to blister packaging used to enclose and package products (especially children's toys) for retail sales. It seems it should be an economical product to manufacture by using existing taillight lenses as a form to create a mould and then blow or vacuum the plastic into the mould as I imagine would be done to create blister packaging. Clear plastic covers were (and may still be) available for headlights to protect them from stone chips. I would be interested to know if this would be economically feasible and perhaps a process to create new cheap lens covers?

Does anyone have experience or know how blister packaging is actually done and approximate cost for the process?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could try this 3M Clear Bra stuff out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr...00382&pf_rd_i=507846

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock