MAFOA 20th Anniversary Show at Carlisle - UPDATES by MAFOA Events
Started on: 06-04-2014 07:47 AM
Replies: 35 (665 views)
Last post by: dajack761 on 06-22-2014 02:58 PM
MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look for the big MAFOA club tent and lots of Fieros! If you've been to a GM Nationals Show before, we're in the same spot as previous years.

For those who have never been at a Carlisle Fiero show, here's a map:

It's hard to believe that Carlisle is a little over 2 weeks away and that this year MAFOA celebrates 20 years as a part of the show! We're thrilled to already have a great group of Fieros pre-registered but it's not too late to decide to come! The show will take place on Saturday, June 21 at the Carlisle Fairgrounds as part of the GM Nationals show. Gates open at 7 AM.

Some details to know:
We'll have our club tent set up in the same great spot we've had for years
We're going to have some fun raffles and prizes - sponsors include The FieroStore, Rodney Dickman, Mr. Mike's, Meguiars, Paul McKibben, Freysinger Pontiac and more!!
Parts vendors spaces available located next to our show field as in previous years.
Tech sessions will be held (Currently detailing and power steering are confirmed)
And more!!

The 8 judging classes are:
Factory Stock: This class is for cars who are entirely stock. Preference is given for original factory items.
Stock Notchback & Stock Fastback: These classes are for cars who largely retain the stock appearance. Up to 3 Minor Modifications* will be permitted.
Custom Notchback & Custom Fastback: These classes are for cars who have more than 3 Minor Modifications* or ANY Medium Modifications.*
Modified Notchback & Modified Fastback: These classes are for cars who have ANY Major Modifications.*
Daily Driver: Open to cars that are the primary form of transporation for their owner.

There will also be a pile of special awards given out including Best Interior, Best Wheels, Best Body Modifications (Custom and Modified), Best Paint (Stock and Non-Stock) and more.

Treats will be available free to MAFOA members (and you can join that day!!)

We're looking forward to celebrating 20 years of memories and hope to see you there. For more info and to register, visit:
http://www.mafoa.com/carlisle-2014

~ MAFOA BOD

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 06-20-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some updates for the show - only 4 days away!! If you're coming up from the VA/MD area - please be sure to check out the Carlisle Caravan thread or contact Steve308.

If you haven't registered yet, you can still do so via phone at 717-243-7855. This will make things go a bit faster upon arrival. When you do register, please select MAFOA as your club affiliation as this will help us put on another great show next year!

The current schedule of events is as follows:

7:00 AM: Carlisle show grounds open.

7:00 AM - 6:00 PM: Participant judging run by Carlisle Productions.*

11:00 AM - NOON: Participant Judging for Special Trophies on
MAFOA show field

11:30 AM: Free hot dogs and bottled water for MAFOA Members at MAFOA tent (You can join that day - heck, it's probably cheaper than buying lunch!)

1:00 PM: Tech Session on Fiero Power Steering at MAFOA Tent

2:00 PM: Presentation of Special Awards and Chinese Auction at MAFOA tent.

* Class winners will be posted at the grandstand at 9 AM on Sunday with trophies to be presented at 1 PM. Those not present can have trophies mailed for $10 or picked up by a MAFOA member for delivery at a future event.

There will also be a tech session by Meguiars at some point throughout the day. Dinner is tenatively planned for Hoss' Steakhouse in late afternoon.

The special awards categories this year are:

Best Interior
Best Engine Bay
Best Paint (Stock and Non-Stock)
Best Wheels
Best Engineered
Best Work-In-Progress
Best Body (Custom & Modified)
Best in Show
Hard Luck
Longest Distance

The Board would also like to thank our major sponsors for the event:

The FieroStore
Rodney Dickman
Freysinger
Meguiars
Mr. Mike's
Fiero Sails aka Paul McKibben
Hardpact

as well as several others who will be added to the list for the raffle prizes!

We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend for the 20th Anniversary celebration!

~ MAFOA BOD

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 06-20-2014).]

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the tent located? And is that schedule for Friday or Saturday?
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I can answer that question -The tent is located near the 'Grandstands' and although the event runs Friday thru Sunday the prime day of the event and show is Saturday.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I think I can answer that question -The tent is located near the 'Grandstands' and although the event runs Friday thru Sunday the prime day of the event and show is Saturday.

Perfect ;-). Thanks Steve!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like Paula and myself will be delayed unexpectedly in Chicago until Saturday so with great displeasure I must say that we will not be at Carlisle this year. lt's called a missed connection!!!!!l Hope to see everyone at the show near Lititz this fall.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Losing your luggage is expected - making you miss Carlisle is simply unacceptable.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's up with the Lititz fall show?
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

What's up with the Lititz fall show?

We hosted our spring show at Lititz this year and will be returning to Neffsville (not far from Lititz) again this fall. The date is Saturday, September 20th. Preliminary info, including the larger show flyer is here: http://www.mafoa.com/neffsville-2014 .

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MAFOA Events

174 posts
Member since Jan 2014

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

It looks like Paula and myself will be delayed unexpectedly in Chicago until Saturday so with great displeasure I must say that we will not be at Carlisle this year. lt's called a missed connection!!!!!l Hope to see everyone at the show near Lititz this fall.

Dennis, so sorry to hear you won't be making it. Please travel safely - you will be missed!
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Canadian invasion has arrived in Carlisle, few of us are staying at the Days Inn

Trip down was good, little wet though & cars need a really good cleaning now. Once we got here, one of the GT's developed a coolant issue, looks like we're doing a parking lot fix tomorrow on a water pump. Thankfully it's not a stock engine, AutoZone has the part in stock. Waiting for the last member of our party to arrive with the "Service Vehicle". Need someone to bring back all the parts we've acquired.

------------------

G.T. Fieros

PFF
System Bot
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis!

First Lititz, and now Carlisle? Haha!!! What the heck???

Neffsville, hell or high water!!
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FTF Engineering

710 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by MAFOA Events:

The special awards categories this year are:

Is there an award for the Fiero of most questionable reliability that actually MADE it to the show? I'm hoping to take that one!

Although with the story above about hotel parking lot repairs, I might not earn that one either. That one might be due to the Great White North.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Is there an award for the Fiero of most questionable reliability that actually MADE it to the show? I'm hoping to take that one!

Although with the story above about hotel parking lot repairs, I might not earn that one either. That one might be due to the Great White North.

Three cars registered (from Toronto) hoping to get one award between the three of us but it's a long shot.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you pick up that questionable Fiero today? I hope it made it to North Wales.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's here but I already told them I wanted my money back.

Any of you Fiero folks travelling the PA turnpike from east to west... Keep your eyes open for any broken down Fieros along the shoulder!!

[This message has been edited by FTF Engineering (edited 06-19-2014).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's here but I already told them I wanted my money back.

Any of you Fiero folks travelling the PA turnpike from east to west... Keep your eyes open for any broken down Fieros along the shoulder!!

Poor Ralphetta. You're going to give her a complex - hopefully you at least gave her a bath! ;-)
CorvetteFan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvetteFan86Click Here to visit CorvetteFan86's HomePageSend a Private Message to CorvetteFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there in my GT! See everyone there!

------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My pics and videos: www.corvettefan86.com
-1986 GT
-Swapped 2001 GTP motor Series II with 40k miles
-2.8 Pulley
-Ported Supercharger
-Stage III Heads
-Full-Stack ZZP Intercooler
-ZZP XPZ Cam
-True cold air intake, 3" inlet
-Machined LIM
-LS1 Throttlebody
-40# Injectors
-180* Thermostat
-Double-Roller Timing Chain
-Flowmaster 80 series
-2 1/2 Mandrel exhaust

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CorvetteFan86:

I'll be there in my GT! See everyone there!

Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous car!
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Water pump is changed, new pulley & belts too. Just burping the system then head out to wash the cars. Haven't seen any other Fieros around town yet.

Down side, we found out a previous owner broke two bolt heads off, those will have to wait for another day to be removed.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you planning to register the day of the show when you get there:

Park at the registration building to take care of the paperwork first. There's usually someone with a clipboard and pens outside the building so you can fill out the forms in line before you get inside.

Make sure you put MAFOA down for your club affiliation as we are the host club for the event. This helps us put on another great show next year! Even if you're a member of a different club back home doesn't matter, when you're here, you're family!

After you're squared away for registration, put your window sticker on and you should be directed through the gate towards the right hand side of the show field. Not far from the 'Grandstands' as mentioned above.

Look for the big MAFOA club tent and lots of Fieros! If you've been to a GM Nationals Show before, we're in the same spot as previous years.

For those who have never been at a Carlisle Fiero show, here's a map:
PFF
System Bot
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Packed and pointed west.

Rear view mirror is glued back on.
Clutch is bled. Again.
Brakes don't seem to be hanging up anymore.
Temp gauge still all over the dish, but never OMG hot.
Tires aired up.
Oil looks good.

Tools in the trunk...
Sticker on the windshield!!

It's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Maryland .... Doing finishing touches on my ride .... Be there bright and early got some marker light covers for Chinese auction and one set to sell if any one is interested !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Packed and pointed west.

Rear view mirror is glued back on.
Clutch is bled. Again.
Brakes don't seem to be hanging up anymore.
Temp gauge still all over the dish, but never OMG hot.
Tires aired up.
Oil looks good.

Tools in the trunk...
Sticker on the windshield!!

It's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Glad to hear that at least a piece of the family is headed to Carlisle!
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

In Maryland .... Doing finishing touches on my ride .... Be there bright and early got some marker light covers for Chinese auction and one set to sell if any one is interested !!

Thanks for your donation Tom! See you in the AM.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cars on the trailer. Leaving soon. Praying for the sun gods ! Can't wait to get there

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We stopped by there today to see where we will be parking, walked the vendor isles for a bit and hit up Guest services for our goody bags and registration show cards. Cars are all cleaned up and in working order again. See everyone early in the morning.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feel free to post pics to the Mid Atlantic Fiero Owner's Association FB page throughout the day.

https://m.facebook.com/prof...p?id=146604482126299

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 06-21-2014).]

1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember on the voting ballot there was a phone # to call if you couldn't be on the grounds this morning to see who won. Just wondering if anybody knows that #

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
HX-40, FrozenBoost I/C, 80lb injectors & E85 Coming soon.....

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis!

First Lititz, and now Carlisle? Haha!!! What the heck???

Neffsville, hell or high water!!

For Lititz we had a wedding to attend that day on Long Island.
Carlisle was the bigger disappointment. I was pre-registered for the show and expected to be back from Seattle on Friday so I could drive out early the next morning. Our train got into Chicago 12 hours late ( 4 am in the morning) causing us to miss all connections East. We stayed over in Chicago and left the next afternoon. It could be said that an airline flight would be better but I flatly refuse to submit to the dehumanizing and degrading Police State security measures at the airport. They treat you worse than an animal there. We vacation by taking the train and travel in a sleeper bedroom. Its slow but comfortable and you get to see America. In this case it was slower than intended. Hopefully we can make Neffsville

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

I remember on the voting ballot there was a phone # to call if you couldn't be on the grounds this morning to see who won. Just wondering if anybody knows that #

They actually have them posted online already:

https://docs.google.com/vie...F2014_GM_Winners.pdf
PFF
System Bot
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting that.

Aww man I won, but I was the only one in my class. #Victory&Buzzkill

[This message has been edited by 1fast2m4 (edited 06-22-2014).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for posting that.

Congrats though :-) Would love to see a picture of your car since I couldn't make it yesterday. I know there will definitely be some Modified Notchbacks there next year as friends from the South hope to come up!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Thanks for posting that.

Congrats though :-) Would love to see a picture of your car since I couldn't make it yesterday. I know there will definitely be some Modified Notchbacks there next year as friends from the South hope to come up!
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like I took 2nd in the DD category. Thanks for posting the results.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012
It looks like I took 2nd in the DD category. Thanks for posting the results.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock