Under Represented by Jason88Notchie
Started on: 05-27-2014 08:34 AM
Replies: 9 (364 views)
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 05-28-2014 07:51 AM
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went down to the Cruse-In at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Sheffield Village Sunday. There had to be 150 cars down there at least. Awesome showing! It was a total blast. Every car you can think of was there. Sadly I was the only Fiero. Are our cars really getting that rare?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Went down to the Cruse-In at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Sheffield Village Sunday. There had to be 150 cars down there at least. Awesome showing! It was a total blast. Every car you can think of was there. Sadly I was the only Fiero. Are our cars really getting that rare?

Not sure that this is anything new. For as long as I've been going to car shows, unless there is a planned Fiero group attendance, there are otherwise none.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the Chicago area Fieros seem to be coming out to car shows and cruise nights more often, but about half the time I am the only Fiero at an event. It doesn't really bother me as my car gets lots of praise and attention wherever I show it, but I do like it when we can get at least 3 or 4 Fieros out to an event.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Sadly I was the only Fiero.

On the other side of the coin - you could have bought a Camaro or Mustang and there would have been about 50 of each there.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think probably some Fiero owners just don't care to attend the cruise in car shows.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

On the other side of the coin - you could have bought a Camaro or Mustang and there would have been about 50 of each there.

LOL..Yep! That's about right. I was surprised to see so many GTO's there too. The Cruse-in's are kind of informal. They have them at Quaker Steak every Sunday. Very cool appmosphere.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont mind being the only one at cruise - in events
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

I think probably some Fiero owners just don't care to attend the cruise in car shows.

Who don't like wings, beer and cars??

KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe one of these weeks this summer I'll make it out there, bit of a drive though from my new place. I prefer to have a car that is a little less known these days, but it is nice seeing one or two others every once in a while.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been going to random cruise-ins of all different type themes and organizers for the past 10 years now and every time but once I was the only Fiero there. It's usually either classic muscle, or modern muscle. Everything else seems to take a back seat, so to speak.

The advantages that allow is you can stand out easy with no effort. My GT gets the same attention as say the random 240SX with an LSx swap that I've seen recently, or the one C4 Corvette that appears out of the sea of C5 and C6 cars. One time I was at a cruise-in - cruise-in now, not a show - four 427 Cobra replicas showed up.

I would say it probably speaks volumes in the drive-abilities in people's cars. I've had people come up to me and say they have a Fiero or know of a random Fiero, but a realistic three-fourths of the time it's not running for some random off-the-wall reason. I'm also apparently supposed to intimately know of every Fiero in existence. The last time I was at a small cruise-in a guy came up and asked if I knew about the "awesome silver chop top Fiero with the big wheels and Cadillac engine in it in California" (he was referring to MadCurl's car, which he apparently saw at a show out there some time ago). It honestly didn't bother me much, but I guess I was more bothered by the notion that since I drive a Fiero I'm supposed to know about all the custom stuff to do to one and why mine is still relatively stock.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock