Started on: 05-26-2014 09:55 AM
Replies: 18 (512 views)
Last post by: 1MohrFiero on 05-30-2014 11:10 AM
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled my Fiero out of storage this weekend to put a few miles on her. I put her in storage to keep her out of the weather. I have a 2 car garage, and four cars at the house. The Z06 and My wife's car has garage space. I've not driven the Fiero for at least four months, and gotta admit. Driving the Fiero is much funner than the Z06. The blower whine, the push back in the seat feel, and the exhaust note all combine to make a very exhilarating ride!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TC, did you ever finish your brake upgrade? Glad you got to play with your muse!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 12" Vette Rotors and 88 callipers on the front, still haven't installed the Vette rotor/88 Caliper on the rear yet. I have the rotors, callipers and adapters, but no e-brake solution yet. I still have the LeBaron brake rotors on the rear. I do not want to lose my brake, so I am patiently waiting for one of two things to happen. A solution to keep the e-brake with the 88 callipers and 12" rotors, or for FieroGuru to finish the13" kit for the 84 - 87 Fiero.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I have the 12" Vette Rotors and 88 callipers on the front, still haven't installed the Vette rotor/88 Caliper on the rear yet. I have the rotors, callipers and adapters, but no e-brake solution yet. I still have the LeBaron brake rotors on the rear. I do not want to lose my brake, so I am patiently waiting for one of two things to happen. A solution to keep the e-brake with the 88 callipers and 12" rotors, or for FieroGuru to finish the13" kit for the 84 - 87 Fiero.

Ah, I got it! Well, at least what you have is still far better than stock

Dr. W.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my e brake and 12" rotors with stock 88 calipers...whats the problem?
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I have my e brake and 12" rotors with stock 88 calipers...whats the problem?

The person that made the calliper adapter states the stock brake cable will not reach the 88 callipers. Is your car an 88 or earlier?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay I think I understand... Are you using the LeBaron rotors with the Seville calipers that has an eBrake solution? And you are saying you don't want to go 12" or 13" because there is no eBrake solution?

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-26-2014).]

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Okay I think I understand... Are you using the LeBaron rotors with the Seville calipers that has an eBrake solution? And you are saying you don't want to go 12" or 13" because there is no eBrake solution?

Correct. I upgraded to the Lebaron/Seveille brakes years ago, and the brake cable reached the calipers without an aftermarket solution. I simply routed the cables slightly different from stock. The larger 12 inch rotors with the 88 callipers will need a solution in order for the cables to work - I have the parts, and already switched over the front, but did not bother doing the rear until I am sure I have a cable solution to keep the e-brake. Dave made the adapters and concentric rings, and he already said the cable will not reach the calliper without some sort of solution.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I heard that Rodney is making a longer e-brake cable.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are referring to the kit I ran off a few years ago, you can reverse the calipers in the rear allowing the parking brake to be used. You'll have to bleed them upright, but that is what i did on my car and it has been working fine with stock cables.

Dave
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics of Fiero and Z06 together or it didn't happen!

Some of us are also Corvette lovers and owners

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The person that made the calliper adapter states the stock brake cable will not reach the 88 callipers. Is your car an 88 or earlier?

yep stock 88GT. everything in same factory posistion and cables.12" vette rotors all around
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Pics of Fiero and Z06 together or it didn't happen!

Some of us are also Corvette lovers and owners

60th Anniversary 2013 Z06 + 86 Fiero GT with SC3800II. I've not had a really nice day to take them out for a photo shoot - but then again, I can't drive both to my favourite location to take pics,and my wife doesn't drive manual transmissions, and they both are manual.

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

60th Anniversary 2013 Z06 + 86 Fiero GT with SC3800II. I've not had a really nice day to take them out for a photo shoot - but then again, I can't drive both to my favourite location to take pics,and my wife doesn't drive manual transmissions, and they both are manual.

Both cars look great! Love the paint scheme on them as well.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I won't say I hate you but......nice cars.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Works of art
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tony,
I just got mine on the road again after doing some work over the winter. I know just what you mean, it is hard to describe or beat the feeling...

Glad to see you are still Driving the Excitement.

Dwayne

------------------

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Hey Tony,
I just got mine on the road again after doing some work over the winter. I know just what you mean, it is hard to describe or beat the feeling...

Glad to see you are still Driving the Excitement.

Dwayne

I am glad that my wife talked me off the ledge when I was ready to sell... I was sooooo close. That would have been a huge regret. She is a keeper.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I'd keep the wife too. She sounds really smart.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock