Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  looking for someone in the sacramento area with a odb2 tuning program

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
looking for someone in the sacramento area with a odb2 tuning program by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 05-22-2014 11:49 PM
Replies: 5 (232 views)
Last post by: mmeyer86gt/gtp on 05-23-2014 07:08 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got an awsome tune from darth for my 3800 swap and the car is running great. Only problem is i would like to move the idle from where it is at to add 100 rpm to it. reason for this is that it shaked the crap out of the car at what it idle is set at and if it is moved up just a 100 rpm it will not shake the car like it is. really dont want to ship it to indiana and back for something that seems so simple. if i have to change a bunch of tables to just change this little setting then i would understand the shipping cross country.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TK in Auburn is the only one I know of.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For something that small im sure you can ship just your old PCM or a good used one and he will re flash it 4 you.
Have you contacted him? Excellent vendors usually have excellent customer support.
When I was offering my 3800 tuning services, all updates were free and I even paid 4 return shipping.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't want to have the car down would like to drive it ASAP also if moving the idle up causes problems it is easier to change it back local than ship it off again
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

Don't want to have the car down would like to drive it ASAP also if moving the idle up causes problems it is easier to change it back local than ship it off again

If you can't find a local tuner then Y not send him an extra PCM for him to program? That way your car won't be down and you can swap out PCM's and sell your old one or keep a spare. I would do it 4 you but I'm not in Sacramento..LOL

Which engine/trans mounts do you have? I haven't heard of a 3800 idling that shakes the car that bad on idle, unless there is a mechanical problem. I assume you give it a little gas to stop the shaking? Does this happen in Park, Drive or both?
Is it a hunting idle or smooth idle with violent shaking?
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the idle is when it is sitting in park it idles at around 780 or so it has poly mounts engine and cradle.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock