Started on: 05-19-2014 02:18 PM
Replies: 9 (682 views)
Last post by: Foxy Fiero13 on 05-26-2014 11:22 PM
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished installing the Team Green LSD insert in my F23 for the SECOND time... First time went very smooth, too smooth... We were looking at what we thought was the finished product, all reassembled and ready to bolt up to my 3800SC.... Until we saw the tone ring on the assembly table... *sigh* Split the case again, reinstalled the tone ring and put it all back together..

Once more step closer to finishing my 3800SC L32 swap.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, I have one in my F23 as well.

Let me know how you like it!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! did you install yours?

When the LSD insert was compressed, it was still too tight to fit in the diff. I had to clamp it further to get it started into the diff and then gently tap it in.

Seems excessively tight... Hope it works. :/

Did you notice a difference with yours? I heard the Fiero does not really need one? :/

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 05-19-2014).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stupid question..... but I never said I was mechanically savvy

Why do you need an LSD in a Fiero? I also have an L32 and F23 and never had any problem at all with traction (245 tires in the back).

Which clutch did you use?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Purple86GT:

Cool! did you install yours?

When the LSD insert was compressed, it was still too tight to fit in the diff. I had to clamp it further to get it started into the diff and then gently tap it in.

Seems excessively tight... Hope it works. :/

Did you notice a difference with yours? I heard the Fiero does not really need one? :/

I didn't install it myself. It actually came with the transmission when I bought it off of some guy so I'm not really familiar with the installation process.

cam-a-lot, you would want a LSD in a Fiero for the same reason you would want one in any other car:

http://www.drivingfast.net/...gy/differentials.htm

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lsd in a fiero is a bad idea in every situation.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

A lsd in a fiero is a bad idea in every situation.

Why do you say that?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biggest reason is the fact that it makes trailbrake oversteer way way easier to do and the fiero is already tail happy in corners as it is. On throttle turns will also be less predictable in terms of oversteer which as we know is not fun in a short wheelbase rear engine car.

the fact that there are no positives in cars making less than 1000whp like mine and driving in a straight line seems to be the biggest reason not to do a lsd... im not even sure if a lsd would help my drag car if I put a better tire on it.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting.

I haven't had the chance to push my car too hard, but I've had the opportunity to throttle over steer it in a few corners and it has been very predictable (pretty much the same as when I had my open diff 4spd muncie). I can break the rear tires loose through the corner, counter steer and gradually let off the throttle and the back end snaps back into place without any drama.

I haven't tried to launch the car from a dig as I have not taken it to the track. Maybe I'll have some fun with it this weekend and report back.
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where did yall get your f23 mounts looking to swap one in my 87 gt just trying to find more info!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock