Removing A/C by racingfortheson
Started on: 05-19-2014 08:59 AM
Replies: 9 (276 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 05-24-2014 08:31 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have plans to do engine swap and because this is just a fun car I don't want to mess with a/c. That being said, I'm having a hard time finding NON A/C control panel. So I was thinking that someone with a NON A/C car may want to do some horse trading, but not really my question. What all do I have to change or swap out to make it look factory?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want a stock non a/c look then yes, just replace the control panel with a non- a/c one. But it won't work your HVAC unit. In other words the non a/c cars used a cable system to operate the mode control doors and the a/c cars used electric switches and motors. So unless you are planning to change the HVAC unit to a non ac version, (which I doubt) then you are stuck using the a/c version of the HVAC control panel.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, the heater core (and hoses that attach to it) are different between the A/C and non-A/C cars.

My advice would be that if you want to nix the A/C but keep the vent fan and heater, then just rip out the A/C stuff and leave it at that. Because swapping over to a complete non-A/C setup is going to be a big hassle.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You live in Texas and you don't want AC???
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

My advice would be that if you want to nix the A/C but keep the vent fan and heater, then just rip out the A/C stuff and leave it at that. Because swapping over to a complete non-A/C setup is going to be a big hassle.

That's exactly what I did. I hate A/C (can't stand cold air blowing on me), so when I picked up a Formula from the States last year, I was only too happy to reduce the weight of the car by ripping out all the A/C paraphernalia. I should've weighed it all when I was finished, but it seems to me that it added up to quite a few pounds.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After today, I really wish I had it! Power windows and door locks would be nice too but AC would have helped!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That's exactly what I did. I hate A/C (can't stand cold air blowing on me), ....

Never move to Texas where you will not be happy 9 months out of the year without cold air blowing on you.

Apparently the OP is only going to drive his car 3 months out of the year or maybe only at night.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-22-2014).]

fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That all aside, I have a non-A/C Formula, that I was thinking of converting, panel, suitcase, etc is working and in good condition. Be interested in some kind of trade if you were to go ahead. I was going to do the Pick n Pull full conversion pricing when a suitable donor came up, but would be willing to swap the suitcase and controls first.

Mike
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't made mind up totally yet. IT really is a far weathercar, so I only drive it when I can pull the sunroof off. I know it is silly but having none working switch that I have no plan for just kinda bug me lol. Looks like it isn't as easy as I thought and I really don't want to go through all the work. Maybe if some one had the stuff to swap it and wanted to come do the work but other then that I don't think it is worth it.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No reason to AC delete the car u have as I have a peferct car already motor swapped that is a factory AC delete car for u. Its an 88 Formula 5 speed DOHC swapped car. Sounds good, runs good and already has upgraded suspension. If something that sounds interesting to u text me and we can talk.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock