Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 by msrservices
Started on: 05-17-2014 12:02 AM
Replies: 11 (268 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 07-01-2014 05:29 PM
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just curious if any Fiero groups where planning on going to the Woodward Dream Cruise this year. I know it's still a little ways out, but I was just curious.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/
(Detroit, MI)

I've been trying to make it out there the past few years, but something usually comes up. So far I don't have anything scheduled for that weekend (Aug 16th)

[This message has been edited by msrservices (edited 05-17-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worlds largest parking lot......do you like minivans with your hotrods?
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Worlds largest parking lot......do you like minivans with your hotrods?

On the day of the cruise, yes it is a parking lot after about 11:00 AM. But during the week before the cruise, it's pretty cool to be out there any night of the week. Lots of cars coming into town for the cruise and cruising the strip each evening.
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I avoid the actual dream cruise. There is a great alternative for that day

Last year I went to the Midwest drift union : strees of detroit instead. This was the best day of the whole summer for me last year. Went to watch some guys and girls trash their cars getting silly. Went to Slows BBQ and had the best bbq I have ever had. Went back and watched more drifting. Once that was over we all headed to woodward for the "after party". We cruised and it was wild.

If you are looking for something different I HIGHLY recommend it.

This is from last year. http://vimeo.com/75261441

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

I avoid the actual dream cruise. There is a great alternative for that day

Last year I went to the Midwest drift union : strees of detroit instead. This was the best day of the whole summer for me last year. Went to watch some guys and girls trash their cars getting silly. Went to Slows BBQ and had the best bbq I have ever had. Went back and watched more drifting. Once that was over we all headed to woodward for the "after party". We cruised and it was wild.

If you are looking for something different I HIGHLY recommend it.

This is from last year. http://vimeo.com/75261441

Nice! Looks like a lot of fun!

[This message has been edited by Jason88Notchie (edited 06-30-2014).]

a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about any "clubs" getting together, but I've done the cruise several years with a friend of mine (who also has a Fiero) and I've seen many other Fieros taking part in the fun. I really enjoy the event, and it keeps getting better and better (in my opinion). Usually I cruise for a while and then park, find some shade and enjoy the sights. Thursday and Friday evenings are getting really busy now as well...
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We may have a few in my area that may go. I just talked to a guy yesterday that plans on going up with his Fiero. I would be game as well. IF I don't go the Mid-Ohio for the Nationwide Series race.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tip of the day. Go on Wed. or Thurs. that week. Skip the weekend, too much stop and go. Actually, more stop than go. Like Joe says "a parking lot". That Sat. go north to Flint for the "Back to the Bricks" event.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 07-01-2014).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the bricks sounds good.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bunch of fieros on the bricks in years past.
a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't agree with "skipping" Saturday. I've almost always gone on Saturday, I go early, do several loops, then park my car and watch the craziness go by. It's a lot of fun, you see "everything" on wheels (and even stuff that shouldn't be on wheels, lol) and I really enjoy the event. Yeah, certain spots get jammed up, but it's all part of the gig, just accept that and enjoy.
PFF
System Bot
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're a lucky guy to find a parking spot after 10am Sat. (Unless it's raining).

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 07-01-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock