Does anyone sell rebuilt EGR solenoids? by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 05-11-2014 06:55 PM
Replies: 7 (808 views)
Last post by: dremu on 02-22-2021 10:06 PM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There used to be a few people on this Forum that used to sell rebuilt EGR solenoids . According to the Search function, Paul Varygas used to ( or maybe still does?) sell rebuilt ones . I have left Paul a voicemail but in the meantime, are there anyone else that sells them? ( I need one for my 85 GT) New ones are $122 at Rockauto.
Thanks , Kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried repairing your own?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/122507.html
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I got a hold of Paul Varygas and will be getting one from him.
Thanks, Kit
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine works fine most of the time. Some days though, it wants to set a code for me. I was thinking that maybe the temperature or humidity was affecting the hose connections and the vacuum was leaking just enough on those days to throw the code.

I was thinking about spraying the whole thing down with Plasti Dip to seal it all up. I haven't done it yet. Thoughts?
notaguru

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notaguruClick Here to visit notaguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to notaguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It might help, but you should warm the assembly for a while before spraying it. Under the Plasti, you want as little moisture as possible.

I tried to disassemble mine to rebuild it, but never got it apart. Found a working unit at a pick 'n pull...
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have gotten one from Paul. I also sent him a couple from old Fieros for him to determine if they were able to be rebuilt.
MrFixIt2021

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2021 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrFixIt2021Send a Private Message to MrFixIt2021Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Ok, I got a hold of Paul Varygas and will be getting one from him.
Thanks, Kit

Hey Kit, do you happen to know if Paul still sells the egr solenoid? I need one as well. Thanks.

dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2021 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coupla additional options. There's a guy in Bakersfield CA who sells remans, see //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/142489.html . I've bought from him, and though the price may be higher now he's a nice enough guy.

Alternately, you might post in The Mall. I believe Skywurz has parted some V6 cars and has used solenoids.

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 02-22-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock