Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Crossing a Fiero with a Brickland begets what?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Crossing a Fiero with a Brickland begets what? by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-11-2014 04:23 PM
Replies: 27 (576 views)
Last post by: yellowstone on 05-13-2014 08:01 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, you guys are going to think I've gone nuts! While perusing pictures of fieros on the internet I came across the Brickland. I can sort of remember these cars though I've never seen one in person. I really like the front end and wonder what one would look like on the front of my 87 GT even if I could get or fabricate one. Have I gone mad???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks like a Bricklin SV1. You could probably modify an early notchie nose to get that "huge bumperpad" look.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hood itself does look a little like the Fiero hood
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpers and cowlings seem to be available from Brickland. I just can't tell if I would be turning an 87 GT jewel into a dud.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the body of one car put on top of a slightly smaller car.
Kind of old-school corvette-ish.

Doesn't work for me, but if it floats your boat
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The SV1 meant safety Vehicle 1
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I am going to be conservative on changing any of the looks of my 87 GT. I can't help but think if I mix stuff up too much I'm going to have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

Just a thought.....
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCanada:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...klin-fiero/487117559

I don't recall ever seeing the back of a Bricklan before. It's a little... odd.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCanada:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...klin-fiero/487117559

Now I think that car looks sharp! The back end though....is horrible.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014
It kind of looks like if you hit it in the front the rear bumper pops out. I think there is a reason one seldom sees the rear of the car. Perhaps because it is just so ugly or because they are always in your rear view mirror.......

------------------
Goody

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would be better off just buying a 308 kit front end. They look almost the same and at least you KNOW how it would look.
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently you'd get a turkey with an even worse rep than the Fiero. Basically a copy of the Datsun Z and with the 'safety bumper' looks a lot like the ZX, which in my opinion were fugly compared to the early 240/260Z. Gullwing doors like a MB 300SL, make it hard to enter and exit with the low seat. They had one recently on Fast and Loud and if I recall, Richard didn't get a lot more than for a Fiero when he quickly moved it down the road.

http://www.curbsideclassic....ey-of-the-seventies/

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

The SV1 meant safety Vehicle 1

Ayup, the dam thing didn't even come with an ashtray, I saw one at a dealer when they first came out and was I think a senior in high school.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I don't recall ever seeing the back of a Bricklan before. It's a little... odd.

That's been given the J-Lo treatment.

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bricklin, one of only two cars in the world that comes from the factory unpainted on the SURFACE.
The other one is the Dolorean . Kit
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart: That's been given the J-Lo treatment.

Right. That's because it's not a real Bricklin. Its a Bricklin KIT on a Fiero chassis. The real Bricklin doesn't look bad in the rear.

But to answer the original question that started the thread... "Crossing a Fiero with a Brickland begets what?"

The answer is "You get that thing in that kijiji ad!!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!!
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha! Yeah, it's kinda funny when you were asking a rhetorical question, and lo-n-behold, someone FOUND the answer! LOL!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These things were made to pretty much appeal to young kids, they looked fast and different but they were slow and presumably safe (im pretty sure they were made of magnesium)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Ayup, the dam thing didn't even come with an ashtray...

And that's somehow a bad thing? Gets bonus points IMO.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

And that's somehow a bad thing? Gets bonus points IMO.

I smoke so it made it a no sale.

funny thing was if you wanted one they would give you a been bag ashtray, whoopee. I really don't think that was very safe for a car the said was a safe car. Do like Dodge does, they have inserts and a replacement for the power plug because you can't just put a regular lighter in those, they don't work for some reason.

Steve
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok everyone.....its a BRICKLIN, not a Bricklan, Brickland or Brick. Brickland is a store that sells all kinds of bricks...
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Haha! Yeah, it's kinda funny when you were asking a rhetorical question, and lo-n-behold, someone FOUND the answer! LOL!

I've never heard a more elegant summation.

------------------
Goody

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The butchering of the car names in this thread is making me cry
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...I think it would end up looking a lot like mmmm...say....an Enterra?

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-13-2014).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

The butchering of the car names in this thread is making me cry

Then reading almost anything on PFF (especially T/OT) should have you in tears pretty much all the time...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock