Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What do y'all think about having a car freshmen year of college? Is it worth it?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What do y'all think about having a car freshmen year of college? Is it worth it? by PribanicS
Started on: 05-09-2014 01:20 PM
Replies: 5 (208 views)
Last post by: steve308 on 05-09-2014 05:52 PM
PribanicS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PribanicSSend a Private Message to PribanicSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious about what y'all think about bringing a car on campus. I have a 87 Fiero GT w/ 175,000 miles and I would love to bring it with me to the University of Alabama. What are the pros and cons or your experiences with it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This came up a couple of years ago. The consensus on that thread was it's OK to have a car on campus, but not a Fiero. They do not sit well, and demand too much attention. So get something less than 10 years old with good gas mileage and save your spare time for Studies, Women, and Football in that order....(they all are very hard subjects).
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I was in school I had a 1984 Cutlass Cruiser wagon with a Duke, followed by a 1986 Ford Ranger V6... the Olds lasted me from junior year of highschool through junior year of college.

The wagon was awesome for hauling crap at the beginning and end of the school year. The open bed of the truck was less friendly.

I was in college from 1996-2000.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Fiero does require some maintenance and in your freshman year, you will have a lot of school work to do taking up most of your time. I had a job during my years of college ( I was paying for my education costs) and I was told that it would cost me a grade point because of my time working. I had two jobs in the summer, that money went to a mechanic to repair my 59 Plymouth ( a transmission and engine overhaul, a carburetor rebuild etc). I was commuting to the campus and needed a car also.

At least with a Fiero, you can not load up the car with lots of buddies to go "cruising".
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this car may be a distraction to you. You need focus. An old car is not what you should be focusing on. Studies are most important. When, and I say when it goes down, I think it would be a bad deal for you.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leave the car at home until your junior year. If you reside in a dorm on campus they most likely have a shuttle bus to shopping. Worry about grades not about where you parked and who might be snapping your mirrors off or braking the glass.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock