blown head gasket ? by nickbrown
Started on: 05-08-2014 01:25 AM
Replies: 4 (330 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 05-09-2014 05:25 PM
nickbrown

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2014 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nickbrownSend a Private Message to nickbrownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at my dip stick, it is milky brown, It looks like a blown head gasket, but the car been sitting 5 years, and never has been ran, I brought the car and parked it, wiring harness was later eaten by a rat

Could this be from condensation getting into the oil? I remember when i drove it home it was back firing white smoke?

Last owner said the motor was rebuilt 30k miles ago, If it's the head gasket, Then i guess i was ripped off, paid $3000

[This message has been edited by nickbrown (edited 05-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could do an oil change and run it gently and see if it gets nasty again.
Also is the oil over full? That would be a sign of coolant in the oil as well.
But if you had white smoke exhaust that is a sign of coolant in the combustion chanmber, head gasket failure aslo likley for that.
nickbrown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nickbrownSend a Private Message to nickbrownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nevermind

[This message has been edited by nickbrown (edited 05-09-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get lots of odd problems with a car sitting 5 years. Clean it up and see what it's doing now.....you might get lucky.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year car and motor. Dukes are much easier to change a head gasket. V6 more work. I just changed one on my son's 84. Pretty easy. 84's all had the duke. Add some info as far as the never mind response. We may be able to help.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock