Umm, not really sure if he knows what a 280z looks like by pcgold
Started on: 05-04-2014 10:58 AM
Replies: 15 (546 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 05-08-2014 03:28 PM
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, at least some of them are 280's

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least the left 3 are datsuns, may be a fourth off out of the pic.

Who knows, maybe he put up the wrong pic.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#2 & 3 are the right body style, looks like #1 is also. They could be 240, 260 or 280 Zs though. They used the same body for all, but I dont know the individual subtle differences.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might hav to go check these out could be a good find.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Who knows, maybe he put up the wrong pic.

LOL Yeah, he says he has six - just not these six!

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

#2 & 3 are the right body style, looks like #1 is also. They could be 240, 260 or 280 Zs though. They used the same body for all, but I dont know the individual subtle differences.

They look like 280zx's to me.

If you look at the colors he listed, the fieros don't match. He probably just uploaded one picture.

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You must be able to see the minor differences I cant. Theyre the same car

240z
https://www.google.com/imag...NhoCYDQ&ved=0CBsQsAQ

260z
https://www.google.com/imag...26YCoBg&ved=0CBsQsAQ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah those left 3 are ZX's I used to have one. I used to have a 280Z as well, the older 240/260/280z Looks better than the ZX to me.

The easiest to spot difference is the quarter window

Z

ZX

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-05-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew someone who had them would know the minor differences that I dont know. Driving past one, they all looked the same till the 300Z came out.
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 70 was the best by far. I sold my 65 Sunbeam Tiger and 'upgraded' to a more 'sophisticated, sleeker looking European style GT' car from Japan. Great legroom and AC to boot. Strong motor with as much hp as the 260 engine in the Tiger. The Tiger was a higher speed car as it had a 2.88 rear axle for gas mileage and higher top end. Both cars were about the same price at roughly $4300 delivered even though 5 years apart. Might sound cheap but when you get out of HS and start making $2-$3 an hour, $110/month car payment plus insurance for 3 years after putting 1/3 down is not all that easy.

There were only 17.005 '70 240Z's made and are easily distinguished from the '71-73 models as they were the only ones with the grates below the rear window to relieve cabin pressure or aid ventilation. There was only a decorative 240Z applique on the quarter panel. From '71 on Datsun changed to a quarter panel emblem that also served as the air release and the rear grates disappeared. The first 3 years also had small chrome bumpers and not the fugly crash bumpers of the later 260/280 and ZX . Driveability was also much better without the early emission control system that appeared in 73 I believe.

Much as I love my Fieros, I would trade for either of these cars.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 240-280 body style and chassis were what was used for Ferrari 250 GTO kit cars. Lots of people built them and left the straight 6 in it.
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as the two go, I dont think any of the panels are actually interchangable between the Z and the ZX, they just resmeble eachother. I only had mine a short time. But would love to have an older Z again. Preferrably with an American V8.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He knows the others are fieros by his other ads.
Tried contacting him no reply would consider one if it was turbo t top.
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a 70 240Z and GAVE it away
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. 2 car sort of resembles a Jaguar XKE which was first manufactured in 1961 with an inline 6 cylinder engine and was subsequently launched in 1971 with a V-12 engine. The Jaguar XKE may have been the inspiration for the Datsun 240Z that was launched in 1970.

See photo of a 1969 Jag XKE at this following link:
http://www.bramclassauto.co...guar-XKE-2-2-001.jpg

See classic car history of Jaguar XKE at following link:
http://classic-car-history....jaguar-xke-etype.htm

Further to Jaguar XKE, I was watching Fast N' Loud this evening and they bought an old Jag XKE in Minnesota that was covered in snow and ended up being a complete rust bucket. They lifted it off the upper level of a car carrier with a fork lift and bent the roof badly. They paid $4,000 for the heap of junk Jag and believe it or not, sold it to a European Internet buyer for $6,800! Yet some buyers have a difficult time paying less than this for Fieros that are in good to excellent condition.

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 05-09-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasnt even aware that 280Z and 280ZX were different....but then I dont follow any asian cars at all.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock