Need a coolant hose number please .,, by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 05-02-2014 10:32 PM
Replies: 3 (149 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 05-03-2014 01:25 PM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was checking my coolant tubes this evening ( for crushed spots) when I noticed one of my coolant hoses has two deep gouges in it. It is not leaking but I would like to replace it. I don't want to chance it...the gouges are quite deep. This is the hose that goes behind the drivers side seat and connects the drivers side coolant tube to the coolant pipe behind the engine. Does anyone have a "good" Goodyear or Gates p/n? (Please, no Dayco numbers) Not a fan of Dayco hoses.
My car is an 85 GT. Thanks, Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 05-02-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM# 10041086, according to gm dealer world it is still available to order it from gm via the michigan warehouses, also sands chevrolet has 3 in stock, they are in suprise AZ (not sure how close they are to you). GM# crosses to napa # 8247

good luck

dan
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info Dan!
I'm off to the auto store this morning. I'm bringing the old hose just to make sure everything matches.
Thanks again, Kit
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kitskaboodle

2972 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Just an update: that GM hose number is 100% correct. Turns out that the hose I took off was factory original and had that very number on it! Anyways, I could not find it anywhere locally so I found a Gates #21532 hose which is pretty darn close in shape and length. It even has the black mesh around it. . Only $12.00 too....
Kit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock