Fiero Roller Rocker Studs Swap by ragging_fiero
Started on: 05-01-2014 06:38 PM
Replies: 6 (353 views)
Last post by: ragging_fiero on 05-05-2014 12:17 AM
ragging_fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been thinking on what i want to do with my 3.4pr. swap. I've talked to the fiero club member down here in KC and he informed me about a swap that i could do for full roller rocker arms that would decrease friction greatly.

West Coast Fiero Sells them they are 10mm x 3/8" Studs.

My questions is.. is it worth the time and money. I need some input on this I haven't found much about this swap on the forum.

Keep in mind i'll be using a 272-H cam.

Thank You guys
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what WCF's pricing is for a set, but I'm pretty sure these are the right ones: http://www.summitracing.com...p-100-7201/overview/

I had read years ago that these rocker arm studs were compatible with the 60° V6 engines. I know our engines use a metric thread on the end of the stud that goes into the heads, I just don't know if it's M8 or M10.
ragging_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

I don't know what WCF's pricing is for a set, but I'm pretty sure these are the right ones: http://www.summitracing.com...p-100-7201/overview/

I had read years ago that these rocker arm studs were compatible with the 60° V6 engines. I know our engines use a metric thread on the end of the stud that goes into the heads, I just don't know if it's M8 or M10.

Thank you for finding those, i've been searching a while for a set. Those are correct they are 10mm so i think i will end up buying those. Have you had any experience with these type of system?
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ragging_fiero:
Have you had any experience with these type of system?

I have not ever tried full roller rockers on a 60° V6, I have the Comp Cams roller tipped rockers on my engine and I like them. Many people say that they are noisy, but I disagree. On my engine they do not make any noise that would indicate something out-of-sorts in the valvetrain.

I do have plenty of experience with ARP products. I believe that company makes the best fasteners you can buy for an engine. I have used many of their products in several different applications and have always been pleased with the quality of their fasteners. You can't go wrong with ARP.

If you plan to use full roller rocker arms, you may want to check out page 55 of the ARP catalog for their Perma-Lock rocker arm adjuster/locknuts ( http://arp-bolts.com/p/catalogflash.php ).
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The big question is can your springs support the extra lift without binding...
More lift = more air = more power. I used those same stud adapters ordered from Jegs. They are always on back-order so plan on waiting.

I had to use 1.6 rockers because I used the 3400 block...well I supposed I didn't "have to" but that's what the motor comes with stock...
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lou_dias

5316 posts
Member since Jun 2000
ragging_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Here's the rockers I used:
http://www.summitracing.com...m-g6936-16/overview/

And a pic of them installed:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/075502.html#p1

I have bought the studs, but i think i'll wait on rocker arms for a little while. I have yet to buy pistons and the cam. Have you got the 3400 running? If you have what does it sound like?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock