Michigan Cheese Run by MadMark
Started on: 04-19-2014 05:21 PM
Replies: 35 (441 views)
Last post by: ARKaiser on 04-26-2014 11:26 PM
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Everyone:

For this run we will be meeting up at the Park and Drive off of US-127 and Round Lake Rd. at 10:00 am.

We will drive from there to the Burker King in Owosso where we can have a pit stop and there is a gas station close by in the same lot if you need gas.

We will then drive through the back roads of Owosso along through some of the Old section of town that has some neat older houses. We will go over to Chipman Road where we will drive along the river. We have to cross from there over to Hemlock Rd. to continue up further north and then cross over into St. Charles where we will stop at the head of the Rail Trail, where we can stop for a bio break if you don’t mind a one holer. Then up M-52 to Swan Creek Rd. and then East to River Rd. which we will follow up to the edge of Midland. From there we will go cross country on back roads to over by Bay City. Then up M-13 to the Williams Cheese Factory. Where we can taste the different cheeses and buy discounted cheese from the ends and pieces of the blocks. After everyone gets their fill of cheese we will go north on M-13 to a Bar just past Pinconning that serves BBQ. They have something like 21 different flavors and heats of BBQ sauce, from mild to unbearable.

We can break up there and it is an easy shot down M-13 to Kawkawlin to pick up I-75 south. You can also quickly get on US-10 west to go towards Midland or the western part of the state.

However, if anyone wants to go to Fieros Forever Museum in Sanford I can call ahead and make sure that he will be open for us. If you have never been to Fieros Forever Museum the owner has over 20 Fieros in various conditions in the yard and has several good Fieros in the garage. He also has a ton of parts and a section devoted to Fiero Memorabilia. If you want to go to this museum let me know ahead of time and I will call the owner.

Thank you,

MadMark
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to go but the car won't be ready. My inlaws live in Sanford.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieromaster88, have you been to Fieros Forever yet?
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driven by several times but never stopped. I keep telling myself I'll stop some day.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is an interesting guy. He has a whole lot of neat Fiero related things there too. He is an architect in Midland if he hasn't retired yet.

You should stop sometime when he is there and just sit and talk with him. He loves to show off all the stuff he has. I think he has two Super Duty 2.5 liter engines and some other things that you won't see everywhere.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

He is an interesting guy. He has a whole lot of neat Fiero related things there too. He is an architect in Midland if he hasn't retired yet.

You should stop sometime when he is there and just sit and talk with him. He loves to show off all the stuff he has. I think he has two Super Duty 2.5 liter engines and some other things that you won't see everywhere.

2 running SD 2.5L engines in Fieros? That'd be worth a trip to see.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last I saw they were in a crate. That was last year. So I don't know if he has put either one in a car yet.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Jack pulling out the LS-3, the perfect cheese getter?

Should be a nice run along the rivers with lots of curves and good roads. Leave it to Mark to keep the pace up to 3800 SC standards.
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I be there one way or another. Got the car back together, but the water pump did not get replaced. Tell you the whole story when I see you.

Jack
Michiganman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichiganmanSend a Private Message to MichiganmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Date?
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Michiganman:

Date?

April 26th, at 10:00 am
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make a stop in Brighton.

Lingenfelter Collection Spring Open House April 26th, 2014

April 26th, 2014. 10:00am-5:00pm. Free admission, donations will be accepted for the Lingenfelter Foundation to support numerous charities. See Exotic cars, Muscle cars, and Corvettes. Including the new 2014 C7 Corvette!

Tour one of the most impressive car collections in the state of Michigan – right in Brighton! The collection has over one hundred cars to fall in love with. There are exotic European speedsters such as the 1000 hp, 245 mph, Bugatti. Get ready to be wowed by the amazing collections from Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche. Stroll down memory lane in the American Muscle Car room, and see an incredible collection of Corvettes, Camaros, Firebirds, Cudas and Mustangs!”
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still have salt on the roads up here... heck... snow may hit West of us

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 04-22-2014).]

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark, can we work that in? How far is that after we eat Lunch?
Lingenfelter's is located at 7819 Lochlin Drive, Brighton, MI.

Jack
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jack, it is about 100 miles from Pinconning to the museum. And it would be pretty much on the way home for those like you that are heading south. It would be a little out of my way, but that never stopped me.

So why don't we add it to the Cheese run as something you can do after the dinner? I know I would like to visit the museum. We would only have a couple of hours at the most to spend at the museum, but what the heck.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
So it looks like we will finish up by going to the Lingenfelter museum for those that would like to continue on to it. Others can just leave from the bar/restaurant and go home like originally planned. At least a few of the members that will be coming on this trip will be going the way of I-75 south to get home anyway, so it won't be out of the way for them.

I for one would like to see what they have at their museum.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Still have salt on the roads up here... heck... snow may hit West of us

That sucks badly. I hope it stops doing that soon. I was really hoping for the weather to change for the better soon.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We hope to make it. Any idea yet how many are coming?

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, it looks like at least 7 cars including one for you. We actually have a guy coming from Canada to run with us this time. Haven't heard anything from the West Michigan crew, but we hope some of them can make it.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like we are going to have a good group attending. I hope some of the guys from the west coast can make it. I know they have been mentioning it.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to go but still have storage insurance on the car. Switching it over at the beginning of May.
PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroMaster88, we will have more runs later on. And you are welcome to tag along any time. We would love to meet up with you or any of the west Michigan group.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That sucks badly. I hope it stops doing that soon. I was really hoping for the weather to change for the better soon.

More snow tonight.... 1"... but still
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
boy you guys are in for a treat at the Lingenfelter Collection Open house.......Spoilers!!!!
very inclusive collection for sure!

ohhh man....this sucks. I went twice last year and had a blast! both good times.
I may just show up in a rental car hummm

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-25-2014).]

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88, we will have more runs later on. And you are welcome to tag along any time. We would love to meet up with you or any of the west Michigan group.

I'd be interested in later runs, too.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

boy you guys are in for a treat at the Lingenfelter Collection Open house.......Spoilers!!!!
very inclusive collection for sure!

ohhh man....this sucks. I went twice last year and had a blast! both good times.
I may just show up in a rental car hummm

If you can get to the starting point I will have an open passenger seat. My wife is taking her car too. So there will be at least two open seats to come along for the ride.

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010

Originally posted by seq:

I'd be interested in later runs, too.

I will try make sure everyone knows about them. Maybe we will need to figure out a run over on the west side of the state for May. I would need to have someone knowledgeable of the roads figure out where to go though.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK - just to be on the safe side... are we talking new or old US127 and Round Lake Road?
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, that would be new 127. We will meet in the park and ride parking lot which is on the East side of 127.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back in town. We had a great time only wish a few more could have joined us.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How was the BBQ? Stacy and I had a nice time today. We only wish we could have continued on. But we did make it to Mt. Pleasant and back to Williamston on time to finish our own single car tour.

I did see another red notchback traveling north on 127 between Alma and Ithaca.

We look forward to the next one.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd, I think we all liked the BBQ. Everyone has a different level of tolerance for the heat level of the BBQ sauce. And Sporty's has a whole lot of different flavors and heat levels. I tried out their Cherry one today that was pretty hot, along with trying a little sample of some of the other hotter sauces. I don't know that I would want to have a bowl of their chicken wings with the hotter ones though since they really slather the sauce on the wings. I have yet to try out their hottest sauce, but maybe next time I will get a small sample. They claim that if you can eat the whole meal with hottest sauce on it, then it is free. Well, at least it might be free for the food, don't know what the doctor bill would be though.

We saw a red GT over by Midland on the way back. It was an 86 or 87 with the gray rocker panels. It looked to be in pretty good shape.

We took the part of the route we bypassed on the way up on our way back home. There was a whole lot of garage sales on the one section of River Rd. by Freeland, just like I was told there would be.

Unfortunately we ran out of time to go to Lingenfelters Museum. We would have gotten there just as they were closing. So maybe we can schedule a trip when we can just plan on visiting the museum. What do you think people?

Hopefully my wife Carol will send me the pictures that she took and then I can post them in this thread.

Thanks everyone for coming out. Hope everyone had a great time, I sure did.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Challange accepted!!!

I once did a hot wing challenge at a place called Buddy's in Howell. Eat 10 of their nuclear wings and get a free t-shirt. I ate the wings, but they were out of shirts. I called them two weeks later to see if the sirts came in and they were out of business. I never got my shirt. They made me sign a waiver before eating them and they also gave a shot odf Jack Daniels to numb the palet.

The trick to eating the wings was to use two forks. Never let the sauce touch your lips and don't drink any liquids until you're done.

Stacy and I are a go for another run. Just let us know when. We really love the west side of the state.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd, I am not sure I would really like to try their really hot sauce full time on their wings. I would give a little bit a try, but not the way the slather it on their wings.

And you are definitely right about not letting it touch your lips. And you really need to make sure you thoroughly wash your hands before using the urinal.

And the best part is if you like one of their sauces you can buy a 1/5 bottle of it relatively cheaply. I did that with their Dragon Honey sauce. It lasted about a year and a half.

Good luck to you on accepting their challenge.

If you like the west side then you had better plan on our fall color tour. Talking with Bob today we are starting the planning now. He was talking about doing the tunnel of trees twice in one day. Once going south and then eating and going back north. I don't know if you have been through the tunnel of trees but it is a lot of fun to drive in a Fiero.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
Todd, the group is planning on going to the Del Shannon car show in Cooperville, MI. on Aug 8th for the cruise, Aug 9th for the show itself. It is a very neat show with a whole lot of cars. On Friday night they line everyone up and have us drive through the city. People get out in the lawns in their lawn chairs and party while we drive through. It is one of the neatest things I have done, other than being on a race track. Contact Bob through the Capital City Fiero's web site for information about when and where we are planning on staying.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock