Started on: 04-16-2014 09:37 AM
Replies: 6 (344 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 04-18-2014 09:51 AM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a good source to replace the 1984 black window switches. My passenger side on the Indy has finally broken through. They feel so thin. Anyway, I looked at the Fiero Store and I see the grey ones but not the black ones. Any other reliable sources out there? I have also read about people replacing them with 1983 Firebird/Trans Am rocker plastic transplanted to the Fiero switch. has anyone done a tutorial on this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the transam switch covers in my '88. They just snapped in place of the old covers. The only visible difference is that one set has dimples and the other is smooth. Mine are gray, however, but feel more sturdy. You can paint them black.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Looking for a good source to replace the 1984 black window switches. My passenger side on the Indy has finally broken through. They feel so thin. Anyway, I looked at the Fiero Store and I see the grey ones but not the black ones. Any other reliable sources out there? I have also read about people replacing them with 1983 Firebird/Trans Am rocker plastic transplanted to the Fiero switch. has anyone done a tutorial on this?

Johny,

Here are the rockers you want...brand new:

https://www.classicindustri...aro/parts/14666.html

You pop the top of the rocker off the switch (two plastic pins hold the top rocker on the switch...stretch and pop rocker off one pin and slide rocker off.

Do the same thing to you stock Fiero switches and then pop the Camaro rockers onto the original Fiero switches.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-16-2014).]

fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Indy's switches were crap as well (car only had 19,000 miles too)

Luckily, the 80's Camaros and Firebirds used similar switches. (odd that THEY still looked good)
While you can't use the switches themselves, the caps can be popped off and swapped onto the Fiero switches.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-18-2014).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys....now to find some black ones!
RJS525

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJS525Click Here to visit RJS525's HomePageSend a Private Message to RJS525Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great suggestions above, but if all else fails

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a good suggestion! Unfortunately, my passenger side rocker has a slight crack in it so I need to get others.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock