So, I finally got another Fiero... by eldervampire
Started on: 04-15-2014 03:51 AM
Replies: 8 (327 views)
Last post by: no2pencil on 04-17-2014 07:46 AM
eldervampire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys.
So after many years being Fiero-less, I managed to get myself a basket case. No rust, but she's going to need a bunch of stuff to get her done. It's an 85 4cyl auto, and has seen much better days. But at the total cost of $0.00, I cant complain too much.

The biggest issue im facing is the tired duke. The PO told me that he parked it because it started smoking while he was driving. Billows of smoke, but the temp didn't go up. So my guess is that its going to need to be re-ringed. but I might just swap out the motor for a 2.8 if I can find the bits, and the engine on the serious cheap.

[This message has been edited by eldervampire (edited 04-15-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm....okay. I can't seem to post any pics? Any advice guys?
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use PIP
I have great success with it.
Click on this at the bottom of the page.

Follow the instructions to install it.
After you upload a pic all you have to do is paste to whatever your replying to.
It automatically saves to your clipboard when you upload a pic.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
It will look like this when you post it.
You can click on the "edit" tab on my post to see how it is posted.

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on your find. I paid $500 for my 85 duke 5 speed last year and after replacing the brakes, taking the stock cat off and cleaning the throttle body and removing the intake baffle I have a fun ride. Also replaced the rotted tires and the front shocks. The engine seems to be pretty good, it sat still for 8 years before I got it. How many miles are on yours? As a cheap fix you might try a product called auto-rx. I read about it on here and it is very good at cleaning an engine and restoring compression and seals. I used it in my transmission and it stopped the axle seals from leaking. If you change the oil I would not put synthetic in it, I've been using 10w-30 conventional oil.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eldervampire:
But at the total cost of $0.00, I cant complain too much.

Wait, what?! Please tell us more!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice price!
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Wait, what?! Please tell us more!

LOL, well...
Let me start by saying I fix and build Computers on side for some extra cash. About a month ago, a guy gave me a laptop to repair and then didn't want to pay the cost, saying it would be cheaper to buy another one at a pawn shop. So I ended up with a laptop. About a week ago, I was looking for some stuff on craigslist and ran across an ad for this. The PO wanted $600 for the car, but said he would consider trades as well. So I called him up, and after a few days or txts I drove over and gave him my free laptop for the car. Not a bad deal, although the list of needs for her is getting longer everyday. And since I'm currently going through a divorce, I'll need to try and muster up the cheapest options for the repairs. The bit-n-pieces I'll need are going to be numerous, but again, it didn't cost me anything to get the car.

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eldervampire:So I ended up with a laptop.
The PO wanted $600 for the car, but said he would consider trades as well.

If I could trade every piece of tech that a customer has left behind...

Nicely done!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock