Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A guy said i had a Toyota in my driveway today, WTF (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A guy said i had a Toyota in my driveway today, WTF by 84fiero123
Started on: 04-11-2014 06:41 PM
Replies: 100 (1774 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 04-16-2014 08:55 PM
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
Says the guy with a Honda emblem for his avatar, WTF are you even here for?

Did you not read my first post? I worked for GM at their Framingham, MA assembly plant and Saturn in TN, and so did my dad for 30 years. I support American products when ever I can. between the workers here in the US and the taxes they pay, the plants the company still has left here and the taxes they pay and the parts manufacturers that are in the US and the taxes they pay as well as the companies they work for pay, you have one hell of a lot of money going back into the US economy. that so called % American list posted above is BS because the imports that are made here send most of their profits right back to their home country now don't they. GM is owned here by many Americans, hell I even owned stock in the company when I worked there.

my car and your Fiero, if you even have one or ever did, where made where? in Pontiac, Michigan before NAFTA and most of the parts were made here in America, most I said because even back then GM was outsourcing because they are and always have been nothing but a greedy corporation. they screwed me out of many of my money making suggestion I put in, as well as many other peoples and sent jobs overseas, while giving the management types huge bonuses. while people like you said it was all the hourly union types fault, we never did a thing or could do a thing, but build the cars. management was who decided to dump the Fiero, make the Vega, cut inspectors from the line, drop cars that were popular and make cars that were not. our own representatives in Washington are only out for themselves and the more money they can make for themselves from those so called corporations and the men who give them money to vote for the Japs to get All those tax brakes to build their cars in their states.

And your avatar is a puppy. What does that have to do with anything? It's just a stupid avatar.

Did you read my post? I don't care if you worked at GM 40 years ago. GM 40 years ago is not the same GM today. And it's irrelevant to what I said. Your "Buy American" attitude didn't stop GM from going bankrupt, and laying off thousands of employees. It's not going to stop it from happening again in the future either, if they end up making similar mistakes. Hell, I even own stock in GM right now.

And yes, I have owned multiple FIeros in my life, and currently have two. I've owned a lot of cars in my lifetime, and the vast majority have been GM vehicles. 75% of the cars I currently own are GM vehicles and 50% are Fieros. But it doesn't change the facts. The vast majority of the profits from any of the auto makers are not going to the American public. They aren't part of any profit sharing program, where the workers or all the shareholders get some payout. They're balanced out on a global profit/loss record to avoid paying taxes. They end up sitting in the bank, or being distributed amongst only the highest level executives at the companies, who also do a lot of fancy profit/loss balancing on their tax returns, to avoid paying taxes. And I never said anything about unions.

This isn't speculation. It's fact and on record. GM has not paid taxes since before the bankruptcy. Ford carries over previous losses to avoid taxes. GE hasn't paid federal taxes in several years. Hell, even 20 years ago, the town I lived in was having a hell of a time trying to collect local taxes from the local Miller Brewery plant. It's nothing new.

I'm sorry you're a xenophobe and ignorant of the way the corporate world works these days, but I'm going to continue buying quality products, regardless of where they were made. There's no such thing as a true "American" product any more. The world is a lot bigger than the US borders. All the auto makers, and every other industry in the world already knows this.
IP: Logged
mkiker2089

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mkiker2089Send a Private Message to mkiker2089Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't Toyota invest more in US jobs that GM?

Not flaming, just asking. I read that anyway. I know Nissan tried to but they hit hard times for a while and had to scale back.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

And your avatar is a puppy. What does that have to do with anything? It's just a stupid avatar.

Did you read my post? I don't care if you worked at GM 40 years ago. GM 40 years ago is not the same GM today. And it's irrelevant to what I said. Your "Buy American" attitude didn't stop GM from going bankrupt, and laying off thousands of employees. It's not going to stop it from happening again in the future either, if they end up making similar mistakes. Hell, I even own stock in GM right now.

And yes, I have owned multiple FIeros in my life, and currently have two. I've owned a lot of cars in my lifetime, and the vast majority have been GM vehicles. 75% of the cars I currently own are GM vehicles and 50% are Fieros. But it doesn't change the facts. The vast majority of the profits from any of the auto makers are not going to the American public. They aren't part of any profit sharing program, where the workers or all the shareholders get some payout. They're balanced out on a global profit/loss record to avoid paying taxes. They end up sitting in the bank, or being distributed amongst only the highest level executives at the companies, who also do a lot of fancy profit/loss balancing on their tax returns, to avoid paying taxes. And I never said anything about unions.

This isn't speculation. It's fact and on record. GM has not paid taxes since before the bankruptcy. Ford carries over previous losses to avoid taxes. GE hasn't paid federal taxes in several years. Hell, even 20 years ago, the town I lived in was having a hell of a time trying to collect local taxes from the local Miller Brewery plant. It's nothing new.

I'm sorry you're a xenophobe and ignorant of the way the corporate world works these days, but I'm going to continue buying quality products, regardless of where they were made. There's no such thing as a true "American" product any more. The world is a lot bigger than the US borders. All the auto makers, and every other industry in the world already knows this.

show me a link to any of these so called facts, Please, GM and Ford and Chrysler all have profit sharing programs with all their employees, I know I was one, I still get my GM pension. Show me one link to what you think is true about those companies not paying taxes, go for it I have got to see just how dumb you are.

Oh ya the puppy in my avatar, is a Great Pyrenees that we raise as stock guardians, that is what my wife does, runs this farm and raises those dogs.

Edit to add the property taxes GM and the rest pay alone is so much more than Toyota, Nissan And all the rest of those import companies that have plants here so what you are talking about is BS. Toyota move to the south and was given a no tax for years just to get jobs into the poor south, you are the one with no clue.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-14-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Show me one link to what you think is true about those companies not paying taxes, go for it I have got to see just how dumb you are.

http://wot.motortrend.com/t...nkruptcy-202029.html
http://www.weeklystandard.c...-profits_609137.html

You really should stop being so dismissive and defensive of things you clearly have done less research than the person you're calling dumb, has done.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Edit to add the property taxes GM and the rest pay alone is so much more than Toyota, Nissan And all the rest of those import companies that have plants here so what you are talking about is BS. Toyota move to the south and was given a no tax for years just to get jobs into the poor south, you are the one with no clue.

And how about you show some links?

Oh yeah, and I'm sure Detroit loves all those supposed property taxes GM pays. http://www.reuters.com/arti...dUSBREA3A15B20140411

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This supports the argument for a flat tax with no deductions but that topic belongs on a different forum not the Fiero forum
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the major car companies being discussed here are publicly traded, which means that their profits (if any) are distributed among shareholders, regardless of where they live. Period. Your new GM car contains parts made in dozens of different countries, and could have been assembled in one of many countries with assembly plants. There is no such thing as a domestic or foreign auto maker anymore. These are multinational companies, and this is probably a good thing.

Would love to stay and rant, but some guy recently called my wife's Toyota minivan a Grand Caravan, so I am going to take a baseball bat to his knees. Sounds like a perfectly normal reaction, right?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. I think we've gone a bit too far. Maybe I started it. We all have strong opinions. Referring to the title, yes, the know-it-all was ignorant of the subject matter. Salesmen usually are. If I could lower my taxes, I would. Government is far too big. We have people who check those who check those who check those who are supposed to be checking the rest of os, and soon there will be another layer added. If some competent people did the job in the first place, it would cost less than half of what we pay. If the government stayed out of the economy, it would run better. I have nothing against the union workers, but I don't believe that the people who get rich off the union workers aren't helping the union workers. The union workers are just used.

I am proud of my heritage and that I'm an American. Whatever your heritage, I hope you're proud of it. I also hope you support your country. I have noticed that the ideals of a corporation don't always trickle down to the workers; similarly, the ideals of the workers aren't always shared by a corporation's big-wigs.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://wot.motortrend.com/t...nkruptcy-202029.html
http://www.weeklystandard.c...-profits_609137.html

You really should stop being so dismissive and defensive of things you clearly have done less research than the person you're calling dumb, has done.

And you really should read what you link,

""We don't avoid taxes," GM spokesman Jim Cain told us, "We just don't owe US income tax at this time." Since 2008, a series of Treasury Department rulings allows GM to use the $18 billion losses left behind in bankruptcy to counterbalance its profits, which includes more than $13 billion the automaker earned since 2009. While some criticize the U.S. Treasury for allowing GM to retain its losses and avoid paying taxes, Cain told The Detroit News that GM pays "significant" state income taxes."

but then the truth to a hater is never important.

This thread was about a stupid person who thought a Fiero was made by Toyota, he didn't mistake for an MR2 he knew just what it was yet he, like you knows it all.

you were wrong about GM and Ford and Chrysler not giving employees profit sharing as well.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/0...mpanies/ford-profit/

Ford workers to get record $8,800 profit share checks

GM profit-sharing checks: $6,750

http://www.freep.com/articl...sharing-checks-6-750

I am not even going to look for the Chryslers amounts, but then you are a know it all you just google it and prove it to yourself, not that you will believe it.

Steve

mkiker2089

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mkiker2089Send a Private Message to mkiker2089Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tshark, you aren't to blame. The problem comes when you mix hate and misinformation which other posters have done.

I'm just going to add this last part even though I know better. GM cars in the mid 80 to late 90s were designed to fall apart. We all know that, especially the interior. Everything is held together with little plastic clips that go one way and break if you need to work on whatever it holds in place. To say other cars are poor because of the origin of it's name plate is ignorance and prejudice. In my book it's as bad as having prejudice against the people themselves.

GM also went bankrupt due to massive union costs so people who are so proud of their GM history can also be proud of destroying the worlds largest car maker.

Where am I going you ask. Am I trolling? No, I'm pointing out facts with a twist. It's all fact just like the fact that Toyota may have been given tax breaks in the south in exchange for job creation. (not the poor south, that too is prejudice and intolerable) None of us know all the answers but those who pretend to show their ignorance.

end of rant, I apologize if I offended anyone.
mkiker2089

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mkiker2089Send a Private Message to mkiker2089Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mkiker2089

124 posts
Member since Nov 2012

""We don't avoid taxes," GM spokesman Jim Cain told us, "We just don't owe US income tax at this time." Since 2008, a series of Treasury Department rulings allows GM to use the $18 billion losses left behind in bankruptcy to counterbalance its profits, which includes more than $13 billion the automaker earned since 2009. While some criticize the U.S. Treasury for allowing GM to retain its losses and avoid paying taxes, Cain told The Detroit News that GM pays "significant" state income taxes."

This thread was about a stupid person who thought a Fiero was made by Toyota, he didn't mistake for an MR2 he knew just what it was yet he, like you knows it all.

you were wrong about GM and Ford and Chrysler not giving employees profit sharing as well.

I am not even going to look for the Chryslers amounts, but then you are a know it all you just google it and prove it to yourself, not that you will believe it.

Steve

Seriously? You had the nerve to dispute facts when you see them? He said the don't pay and you say the "don't owe" which means they don't pay. It doesn't matter why they don't pay, they make huge profits and don't pay.

Can someone please ban him now.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mkiker2089:

Tshark, you aren't to blame. The problem comes when you mix hate and misinformation which other posters have done.

I'm just going to add this last part even though I know better. GM cars in the mid 80 to late 90s were designed to fall apart. We all know that, especially the interior. Everything is held together with little plastic clips that go one way and break if you need to work on whatever it holds in place. To say other cars are poor because of the origin of it's name plate is ignorance and prejudice. In my book it's as bad as having prejudice against the people themselves.

GM also went bankrupt due to massive union costs so people who are so proud of their GM history can also be proud of destroying the worlds largest car maker.

Where am I going you ask. Am I trolling? No, I'm pointing out facts with a twist. It's all fact just like the fact that Toyota may have been given tax breaks in the south in exchange for job creation. (not the poor south, that too is prejudice and intolerable) None of us know all the answers but those who pretend to show their ignorance.

end of rant, I apologize if I offended anyone.

Not worth the trouble to enrich your knowledge and absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

But keep up the good work derailing the thread, both of you.

Steve
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve

The only hater here is you, pal.

Great that GM and Ford might have actually shared those profits to employees. It's too bad they aren't re-opening plants and re-hiring the thousands of employees they laid off to get to that point. And it doesn't change the facts on the tax payments end. And sure, they aren't "avoiding" taxes. I didn't say they were. I said they weren't paying them. They pay their accountants a great deal of money to fill out their massive tax returns, so they have to pay extremely low taxes compared to their profits. GM, Ford, and Chrysler all move massive amounts of money off shore to massively reduce their tax burden in the US.

But obviously you already know all that, since you're a know it all because you worked at GM 35 years ago.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only hater here is you, pal.

Great that GM and Ford might have actually shared those profits to employees. It's too bad they aren't re-opening plants and re-hiring the thousands of employees they laid off to get to that point. And it doesn't change the facts on the tax payments end. And sure, they aren't "avoiding" taxes. I didn't say they were. I said they weren't paying them. They pay their accountants a great deal of money to fill out their massive tax returns, so they have to pay extremely low taxes compared to their profits. GM, Ford, and Chrysler all move massive amounts of money off shore to massively reduce their tax burden in the US.

But obviously you already know all that, since you're a know it all because you worked at GM 35 years ago.

keep it up, eventually you may convince yourself of what you are say, you may even get the thread put in the trash can but that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread now does it troll.

is the Fiero made by Toyota ?

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-14-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not worth the trouble to enrich your knowledge and absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

But keep up the good work derailing the thread, both of you.

Steve

I would, but the train wreck happened with the first post. Instead of trying to understand why the guy thought it was a Toyota, you tried to battle his self-assuredness with your own, letting your emotion rule you. It's evident in the wording you chose, and the way you type in every post you make.

Did you buy a new loom when the guy showed up? If you had it sitting in your driveway, he was probably talking about that. Toyota looms are pretty awesome, actually.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at this the other way. If a toyota person had his mr2 in his driveway, and someone came along, confused it with a Fiero, and insisted on being correct because he had been a Pontiac salesperson, how would the toyota owner react?

I'm just turning the tables. Don't flame me for that. My point is that it's justifiable for someone to be indignant over mistaken brand identity. Few people know our model anymore.

I have seen a total of 2 jappanese cars at car shows. There are none at Gateway Classic Cars, none at Charles Schmidt, none at Fast Lane that I recall. I could go on. There are VW Bugs, Model Ts, Pintos, and some Fieros. I'm sure the jappanese care are somewhere, but seeing an old jappanese car doesn't seem to interest people. I expected to see a Supra 6.0T, or a 3000GT with 4-wheel steering, or a Datsun 2000, or a Nissan 240z, an NSX, or a high-end Lexus. There are Fieros everywhere, but few mr2s. I know that there weren't many mr2s made, but they're rarely in good condition, and most of the remaining ones have been thrashed. On Craigslist, they come up in keyword searches for Fiero. Look for interior in good condition, exterior in OK condition, needs engine, tranny, suspension.

Isn't it great to see a Deusenberg, or a Packard, or a Hudson?

Again, with Fieros on the road today probably outnumbering mr2s at least 4 to 1, how could anyone fail to identify a (stock) Fiero? For that matter, mistake a Ford for a GM? Each manufacturer has their own lines, lighting styles, control layouts, grilles, etc. They change a bit with every era. Speaking of grilles, I detest the Dodge grille of the last 15 years or so. GM has a van that has a face like a racoon. Some vehicles, like the Nissan Murano, look like a hippo.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 04-15-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by mkiker2089:

Don't hate on the workers. The unions were responsible, but not the workers. The domestic auto manufacturers, with the best of intentions, provided short-sighted benefits to employees. Management got greedy, and the rest is history. I wish the government wouldn't have bailed out GM...so GM could be re-invented in a non-union state, and get out of the current financial obligations, and be able to compete on a more equal footing with other manufacturers. I would rather have kept my tax money.

I'm also not happy with GM, Ford, and Chrysler diluting their brands by slapping domestic name plates on daewoos, toyotas, mazdas, and mitsubishis.

As for the cars, anyone who has looked at the original interior of a Fiero would have to agree. I heard that years ago, there was a meeting of GTO fans, and one of the original designers attended. The fans were very happy about this, and asked him lots of questions. At one point, a fan commented that they sure don't design them like they used to, for which the designer was grateful.

Something that strikes me: toyota has been the largest auto manufacturer for more than 10 years, but most of their cars that old are either in the junk yard or ready for the junk yard. I see lots of 70s pickups, and lots of new vehicles, but few older jappanese vehicles.

I'm happy with my cars, and they work for me. YMMV.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would, but the train wreck happened with the first post. Instead of trying to understand why the guy thought it was a Toyota, you tried to battle his self-assuredness with your own, letting your emotion rule you. It's evident in the wording you chose, and the way you type in every post you make.

Did you buy a new loom when the guy showed up? If you had it sitting in your driveway, he was probably talking about that. Toyota looms are pretty awesome, actually.

What was wrong with my first post other than I thought the guy was an idiot, because he thought a Fiero was a Toyota

This guy pulled into the driveway and said I used to sell those, you know that's a Toyota, I almost took his head off, Are people that stupid, even after I showed him the back and Pontiac he insisted it was made by Toyota, he told me when they first came out he sold them and was told they were made by Toyota. WTF

I don't know if he sold something that looked like it or he was just off his nut but I know he is wrong about my 86 SE.

For those here who don't know me I work at a GM assembly plant from 1973 until 1990 and then went down to work for Saturn after that. I saw the Fiero in my Massachusetts plant, the superstructure in the penthouse we called it, we were supposed to get the new Lumina mini van. and the Fiero was the prototype for that, the way they are made with a superstructure and plastic panels. that was the early 80s, 1980, 81 if I remember right that the Fieros superstructure was in my plant.

anyway he still insisted that the car was made by Toyota, WTF are people really still that dumb?

edit to add

I don't like foreign cars, I have never owned a foreign car and never will.

Steve

a Fiero is a Pontiac Fiero, made in Pontiac, Michigan and a Toilettota is a Toilettota and never shall the 2 be the same car. to say that a car with the Name on the back bumper Pontiac, is a Toilettota after being shown the nameplate is crazy.
He even still insisted that the Fiero had a Toilettota engine in it. She still has the factory 2.8 under the hood but I didn't have the right key to open the engine compartment to show him right then. I see his truck drive by every once in a while since then and he always slows down when he does drive by so I am sure when he sees the car moved and running he will stop again to try and prove his point. when he does he will be shown just what it is and asked never to stop again. I guess he is one of those import lovers who only drives import because he had his wife's Honda.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-15-2014).]

fierocarb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarbSend a Private Message to fierocarbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I work at a car dealership and posters are correct that no matter where the car is made or what nameplate is on the hood there is no completely American or Japanese or German car. If it makes you feel better that it has a American name plete on it then great. As far as knowing more then the salesperson selling the cars: that salesperson is working 60 hours a week, taking abuse from know it all customers that only had to research one car. The salesperson has to know everything about every car and every trim level and even something about its competitors. On the Dodge Dart alone there is over 1000 ways you can configure the car. ON top of that he gets paid nothing if you don't buy a car and even if you do the profit margins are so small the sales person is left with less then $100 after taxes. So you can see how the dealer is not going to attract quality workers when they pay for **** .

And yes I have had people tell me my car was made in Italy, or the car is a Toyota or that it starts on fire if you look at it wrong. So what take a chill pill and move on.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buy old, buy confident

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind that even if we buy an MR2 or any used car no matter where it was made the money is staying in the USA.
PFF
System Bot
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Buy old, buy confident

That was a low blow. I'm drooling!!!!!!
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a Fiero is a Pontiac Fiero, made in Pontiac, Michigan and a Toilettota is a Toilettota and never shall the 2 be the same car. to say that a car with the Name on the back bumper Pontiac, is a Toilettota after being shown the nameplate is crazy.
He even still insisted that the Fiero had a Toilettota engine in it. She still has the factory 2.8 under the hood but I didn't have the right key to open the engine compartment to show him right then. I see his truck drive by every once in a while since then and he always slows down when he does drive by so I am sure when he sees the car moved and running he will stop again to try and prove his point. when he does he will be shown just what it is and asked never to stop again. I guess he is one of those import lovers who only drives import because he had his wife's Honda.

Steve

Your attitude as reproduced here in this commentary is exactly what is wrong with your first post. Nobody cares if the guy is an idiot. The world's overflowing with them, and you aren't doing anything to help with it. The entire point of your thread was to moan about someone who made a comment about your car, because you were so personally offended by it for absolutely no reason at all, other than you are an old xenophobe.

I hope he does stop again, you let your xenophobic emotions take control and try to do something stupid, and he knocks you flat on the ground and presses charges against you for attacking him. Maybe that will teach you to not be as much of an idiot, since reason and facts obviously don't work for you any more than you think they don't for him.

The guy was simply and obviously confused by the many partnerships that GM has had with Toyota over the last several decades, and you obviously are unable to make reasonable arguments to make him see the truth.

The entire point of your original post was to try to rally the pitchforks, and not to have any sort of even halfway decent intellectual conversation.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

20 years ago, you can't even do simple arithmetic but that doesn't surprise me either coming from you, a GM hater that you are.

Now get back on the thread subject or get out of the thread and stop trying to derail it and send it to the trashcan.

Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Keep in mind that even if we buy an MR2 or any used car no matter where it was made the money is staying in the USA.

That too

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-15-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

20 years ago, you can't even do simple arithmetic but that doesn't surprise me either coming from you, a GM hater that you are.

Now get back on the thread subject or get out of the thread and stop trying to derail it and send it to the trashcan.

Steve

Oh, you were only employed for a single year? 4 years after you said in your original post? Math is hard indeed.

For those here who don't know me I work at a GM assembly plant from 1973 until 1990

I see.

Yes, let's get back on topic. Tell us some more how you hate foreigners and live in hypocrisy. We all love reading about your personal problems.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I see.
Yes, let's get back on topic. Tell us some more how you hate foreigners and live in hypocrisy. We all love reading about your personal problems.

what I hate is imports of inferior quality flooding our shores with crap and putting Americans out of work and people who think that's a good thing and support companies like that, like Toilettota and Honda and all the rest. As well as people who just never fill out what they do for a living in their profile so they can say anything they want and try and trash threads.

the Fiero is how much American made? what % of the parts are American and what parts aren't? or is that out of your area of expertise?

It is not a Toilettota, it is an American car made in America with at least more American parts than any car made here today now isn't it.

Steve
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what I hate is imports of inferior quality flooding our shores with crap and putting Americans out of work and people who think that's a good thing and support companies like that, like Toilettota and Honda and all the rest. As well as people who just never fill out what they do for a living in their profile so they can say anything they want and try and trash threads.

You're the one that's trashed your own thread (since it was trash to start with). All I did was make a point in refute of the claim that the "dollars stay in America" when you buy an American brand car, and that somehow they don't when you buy a foreign car. And this quote here only continues to show your ignorance. But your very futile attempts to try and get me to somehow defend Honda in the same way that you are so irrationally defending American auto makers, simply because there is a Honda logo in my avatar, isn't going to work.

And a little geography lesson for you, Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Brazil, Colombia, etc… are all part of America. Foreigners flooding our shores with inferior crap is right. That's exactly what the Europeans have been doing for the 300 years prior to even you being born. You really want to support something native to this land, then give away all those posessions, go build a teepee and ride a horse.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You really want to support something native to this land, then give away all those posessions, go build a teepee and ride a horse.

Horses were imported by the Spanish.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Horses were imported by the Spanish.

And humans were imported by fish.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve

Profit sharing (which lots of companies do, including Honda and Toyota plants in North America) have absolutely nothing to do with CORPORATE profits that are not paid out as compensation to employees. Corporate profits belong to shareholders, and are decided on by the board of directors, then voted on by shareholders. Do you even know how corporate structure works?? Profit sharing is a drop in the bucket- the corporate profits are shared worldwide by shareholders. You can own GM, Ford, Toyota shares and live in any country you choose to live in. Is this still too difficult to comprehend? A lot of new GM vehicles are built overseas, and all GM vehicles have hundreds of components made in dozens of countries. Welcome to the 21st century.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're the one that's trashed your own thread (since it was trash to start with). All I did was make a point in refute of the claim that the "dollars stay in America" when you buy an American brand car, and that somehow they don't when you buy a foreign car. And this quote here only continues to show your ignorance. But your very futile attempts to try and get me to somehow defend Honda in the same way that you are so irrationally defending American auto makers, simply because there is a Honda logo in my avatar, isn't going to work.

And a little geography lesson for you, Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Brazil, Colombia, etc… are all part of America. Foreigners flooding our shores with inferior crap is right. That's exactly what the Europeans have been doing for the 300 years prior to even you being born. You really want to support something native to this land, then give away all those posessions, go build a teepee and ride a horse.

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Profit sharing (which lots of companies do, including Honda and Toyota plants in North America) have absolutely nothing to do with CORPORATE profits that are not paid out as compensation to employees. Corporate profits belong to shareholders, and are decided on by the board of directors, then voted on by shareholders. Do you even know how corporate structure works?? Profit sharing is a drop in the bucket- the corporate profits are shared worldwide by shareholders. You can own GM, Ford, Toyota shares and live in any country you choose to live in. Is this still too difficult to comprehend? A lot of new GM vehicles are built overseas, and all GM vehicles have hundreds of components made in dozens of countries. Welcome to the 21st century.

I know how corporate USA and any other country works, better than you I am sure but yet again it has absolutely nothing to do with someone who pulled into my driveway saying my Fiero is a Toilettota. It isn't now is it?
it has way less imported parts than every car made in the USA today, doesn't it, including those made by companies like Toilettota, Honda, Nissan and all the rest?

But you will continue to try and derail the thread into a dick banging contest because of whatever reason you see fit, just lake any other thread I have ever started in regards to import manufacturers. That makes you feel like a man I duess, you ain't, what you are is a troll.

Steve

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Honda has been making the Gold Wing motorcycle here for many years. My 2000 model Kawasaki Concours was also made in the USA. Not sure if the new Connie 14 is still made here. Those are very good motorcycles regardless of the origin of the nameplate.

BMW builds the Z4 here and has for several years. I hear it is a quality vehicle.

As for Toyota, I borrowed my sister's Tundra one weekend to pull a Fiero on a trailer from Kentucky to Tennessee. The truck performed flawlessly and it never showed any hesitation to pull it. The mileage could have been better but that would be my only complaint if you can call it that. The Camry also seems to be one of those cars that owners hold onto. You won't find many sitting around used car lots.

No company does everything great. Most companies do something very well. Just my .02
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know how corporate USA and any other country works, better than you I am sure but yet again it has absolutely nothing to do with someone who pulled into my driveway saying my Fiero is a Toilettota. It isn't now is it?
it has way less imported parts than every car made in the USA today, doesn't it, including those made by companies like Toilettota, Honda, Nissan and all the rest?

But you will continue to try and derail the thread into a dick banging contest because of whatever reason you see fit, just lake any other thread I have ever started in regards to import manufacturers. That makes you feel like a man I duess, you ain't, what you are is a troll.

Steve

Says the idiot who can't spell Toyota correctly, and does nothing but be completely dismissive, ignore the facts, and rant on about foreign "junk." Who cares if the Fiero was assembled here? Where do you think all the materials came from to build it? Steel, lead, nickel, silicon, platinum, gold, and all the other elements that were put together to build the Fiero didn't come from a magical box in Detroit. It came from mines all over the world. Just the same as the bananas at your local market came from Costa Rica or somewhere.

You are a naive old xenophobe is all. If you want to call anyone a troll, go find a mirror. Oh wait, that mirror was probably made in China. Better break it.

Oh, and if you keep making threads about manufacturers that aren't the Big Three, and people keep telling you how much of an idiot you are, then maybe that should be a sign to you that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about and should perhaps stop making nonsense threads where you rant on about how you worked at GM in the 80s, and so nobody else knows anything about anything.

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 04-15-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Brazil, Colombia, etc… are all part of America.

Russians are Asian too.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Russians are Asian too.

As are Indians, yes.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I think Honda has been making the Gold Wing motorcycle here for many years. My 2000 model Kawasaki Concours was also made in the USA. Not sure if the new Connie 14 is still made here. Those are very good motorcycles regardless of the origin of the nameplate.

BMW builds the Z4 here and has for several years. I hear it is a quality vehicle.

As for Toyota, I borrowed my sister's Tundra one weekend to pull a Fiero on a trailer from Kentucky to Tennessee. The truck performed flawlessly and it never showed any hesitation to pull it. The mileage could have been better but that would be my only complaint if you can call it that. The Camry also seems to be one of those cars that owners hold onto. You won't find many sitting around used car lots.

No company does everything great. Most companies do something very well. Just my .02

Yup, Honda makes the Goldwing here and has for a long time. Honda also makes the Accord, Civic, CR-V, Ridgeline, Odyssey, and Pilot here in the US. As far as Toyota goes, I think their build quality has slipped since 2006, especially with the Camry. But Toyota has made a handful of great cars and trucks. Supra, MR-2, Tacoma, Hilux, Soarer (Lexus SC300), and the Lexus LFA. Toyota also gave the world one of the best Inline 6 engines ever, the 2JZ.

But if I am in the market for a brand new car it wouldn't be anything GM. Ford, Chrysler/Dodge, or Honda for me.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Says the idiot who can't spell Toyota correctly, and does nothing but be completely dismissive, ignore the facts, and rant on about foreign "junk." Who cares if the Fiero was assembled here? Where do you think all the materials came from to build it? Steel, lead, nickel, silicon, platinum, gold, and all the other elements that were put together to build the Fiero didn't come from a magical box in Detroit. It came from mines all over the world. Just the same as the bananas at your local market came from Costa Rica or somewhere.

You are a naive old xenophobe is all. If you want to call anyone a troll, go find a mirror. Oh wait, that mirror was probably made in China. Better break it.

Oh, and if you keep making threads about manufacturers that aren't the Big Three, and people keep telling you how much of an idiot you are, then maybe that should be a sign to you that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about and should perhaps stop making nonsense threads where you rant on about how you worked at GM in the 80s, and so nobody else knows anything about anything.

back on topic, its a Fiero, made in USA, with more materials Made in USA than anything made today.

But just to make you happy and because you are such an arrogant Jap lover. I spell Toyota, Toilettota because that is what I think of them, they are toilets made by ota, now do you understand. don't answer that, I don't care if you do or not.

What is so hard to understand is you keeping to try to derail a thread about a guy who thinks a Fiero is made by Toyota, there you happy I spelt it right twice just for you.

you still have yet to answer my question just how much of the Fiero do you really think did not come from the USA? Go ahead, prove just how smart you are, now don't hurt yourself trying.

Steve

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It isn't a war. The toyota guy was obviously addled. You were rightfully offended. You did try to explain, but you can't fix stupid. What I don't understand is that we're supposed to be helping each other on this forum, and celebrating our mutual enjoyment of our cars. I'll admit to having fueled the fire, but guys, we aren't all going to agree on this. We're each entitled to our own opinion. The problem that started this thread continues between the members: some of us are trying to force our opinions on others. Had this been an mr2 that was confused with a Fiero, the members would have been supportive. This poor guy shares something, and we jumped all over him, because some of us apparently have an agenda. The original post was just a simple event. Some of us have virtually attacked the poor guy. Before this goes any further, I propose that we simply acknowledge the event, and agree not to attack him or each other, and move on.

Seriously, if you guys all meet up at a Fiero event would I want my kids to be around? Shame on us! This has gone beyond good-natured ribbing.

mkiker2089

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mkiker2089Send a Private Message to mkiker2089Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Had this been an mr2 that was confused with a Fiero, the members would have been supportive.

Speak for yourself, that wouldn't have changed things.

Bigotry against a nationality is the same no matter which direction it goes. If I had an MR2 and someone mistook it for a Fiero or the other way around I wouldn't argue. I'd take it as an excuse to talk with a new friend about the differences between the two and the different markets they went for. There's a books worth of info on that point alone. I most certainly wouldn't start name calling.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Chevrolet LUV. That's a testament to American engineering, right?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock