$32,000 fiero on ebay by Grantman
Started on: 04-10-2014 05:06 PM
Replies: 16 (601 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-11-2014 06:19 PM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This would be a nice car on weekends lol, except it's at $32,000 right now and still not at the reserve price.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's a member here, very nice car:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000089-2.html
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is Dave Deerson's car and it has IMSA race history. I can tell you that having been in talks with Dave through the entire build, the car is worth every cent. Dave does EVERYTHING first class.

You will not be disappointed.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice racecar but the only thing Fiero about it are the body panels.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Nice racecar but the only thing Fiero about it are the body panels.

Actually the body panels will not fit a street car unless they are heavily modified.

The tube frame and original suspension design. Terry Satchel (sp?) designed the tube frame while at Pontiac. Pontiac truly designed the geometry of these cars. John Callies was leading this group.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto to RRunners comment above, this car is Pontiac Fiero "unleashed", Pontiac wanted a "Competitive" Race Car at the time, and this certainly fit the bill.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see where it would take many times that price to build and what dedication it took to accomplish this restoration, Vintage racing?
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Ditto to RRunners comment above, this car is Pontiac Fiero "unleashed", Pontiac wanted a "Competitive" Race Car at the time, and this certainly fit the bill.

That was about the time the corvette guys were getting a little nervous wasn't it?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If i somehow inherited a car like that, I would want to make it street legal and streetable, but keep as much perfornance as I could.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
less than 2 1/2 days to go on the auction. lots of different bidders.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

That was about the time the corvette guys were getting a little nervous wasn't it?

About the same time, what really shock up the Chevy Corvette Group was the displayed performance of the "Prototype Production Intent" Fiero's at GM's Proving Grounds, that had Turbo V6's and SBC's in them. There was no way that the Chevy Group was going to allow Pontiac to produce a car that performed better than the Corvette.
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just noticed California kid in the west Detroit area. How does that work? shouldn't you either be the Detroit kid or be in California?? Guess screen name was from a long time ago living in Ca?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

just noticed California kid in the west Detroit area. How does that work? shouldn't you either be the Detroit kid or be in California?? Guess screen name was from a long time ago living in Ca?

Tom started in Cali. Take a look at some of the old posts.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

R Runner got it party right, my '88 GT is from California and I named the car "California Kid" as is had a somewhat similar history to the old movie "The California Kid". I've lived all my life, except for Military Service, North East of Detroit. Have spent most of my life working for Chrysler, GM and Volkswagen of America.

------------------

Car History: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 04-11-2014).]

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could afford that car. Longitudinal mid-engine LS6? Yes please.

The car will probably sell for over $40k.. I'm predicting ~$60k but it's worth more than that.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

This is Dave Deerson's car and it has IMSA race history. I can tell you that having been in talks with Dave through the entire build, the car is worth every cent. Dave does EVERYTHING first class.

You will not be disappointed.

I agree, everything I've read about this car says it's definitely worth the money. I saw one several years ago in much worse shape go for $29k. If I had the money, I'd not hesitate to buy it from him.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one, unlike most kit cars, has a history...and an added value. I can see a collector perfectly willing to spend that much for it or more if hes a fan. If I was into Pontiac racing history, Id easily pay that. You could race it in Vintage Racing by just joining SCCA...and really have fun.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock