Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  PIP is not seeing any new pictures I have on my computer.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
PIP is not seeing any new pictures I have on my computer. by johnyrottin
Started on: 04-10-2014 04:29 PM
Replies: 5 (137 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-12-2014 07:40 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if anyone else is encountering this. I can see the pics in jpg and img formats on my computer but when I use PIP and look in that folder they are not there.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have this trouble with the PNG phone photos. I just use Paint to change format
but I have had this problem for years here.

while looking for Mera back in the day.....people would sent phone pics and I have the devil of a time posting them. always had to e-mail them to myself and they converted the image for me.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-10-2014).]

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Move on from PIP. I stopped hastling with it years ago with no regrets.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Move on from PIP. I stopped hastling with it years ago with no regrets.

I never used it but lost my free photo hosting site a few months ago so all those photos I posted before are lost, well from here, I still have them on the computer. What are you using Roger?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most all image site have a long history of problem like broken link because server killed the link and even including the whole sites are shutdown permanently. This site is full of dead links and images.

Fiero related, especially in Technical Discussion & Questions, please use Pip or http://www.myfiero.com/imagehost.php
Please Help Fight the Red X

I've been using PIP without any problem for years. (image server had some hiccups...)

I think Pip only work w/ __.jpg and __.gif (pip doesn't care about case.)
if file has __.jpeg just loose the E.

__.bmp and others are not allowed because of size. Size for display and mainly files size for server to store.
png can compress images but Cliff and server host have not updated to use the format. (It took years to see IE and others to properly handle PNG files.)

Free Image Resizer for Windows is handy but won't charge format.
Changing format use whatever are just Save As __.jpg
if needed resize w/ free tool is often smaller and less work then whatever editing software.
(Edit to fix /b tag)
------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 04-12-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive used Picturetrail.com for 5-6 years now Steve. Easy to use and works well for me. Any pictures I want to keep, I keep on discs and just hope they dont go bad. I also use Click Free to back them up every week or so incase they get lost online, or computer takes a dive. I dont trust things like 'the cloud' for saving stuff online. Nice thing too is it automaticly resizes images and converts them to proper format.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-12-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock