Mecum auction in Houston by Csjag
Started on: 04-09-2014 06:52 PM
Replies: 15 (367 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 04-11-2014 07:35 PM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a 1986 Fiero lot F193 going on the block on Friday, it looks familiar, think it was at another Mecum auction
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a link or pic for us?
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mecum.com then go to the text list for Friday, its lot F193.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks familiar to me too.

http://www.mecum.com/auctio...ottype=&startRow=181

3800sc, with Ricks panels on the doors, Ferrari frontend..
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aha! I looked for previous Fiero sales and see that it sold in January at Mecums in Kissimmee for $11,500. I guess someone is trying to flip it. It will be interesting to see how the bids go on Friday.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was also in an earlier mecum auction at Indy at did not make reserve, I think top bid was $8k. Its never a good sign when a car sells and then shows up at the next auction, often buyers remorse.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks nice but I guess it could drive like a nightmare.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting...
"Clear Illinois title with Salvage/Rebuilt history "

Also, I just am not a fan of the sagging front bumper "look". Oh well, I wish the seller well.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never understood the concept of flipping cars...I mean how do you think that you can be the high bidder for a car and then sell it for more a short time later? I guess the assumption is that people are stupid. That usually world's but I would want to depend on that.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You also have to consider that whoever [aid $11,500 in Kissimmee also paid the buyer premium which I think is 10% of the sales price. It wouldn't work for me because I have a tendency to buy high and sell low.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think the salvage title disclosure was in the description at the earlier auction where it sold. I wonder if the buyer balked at that and it did not really sell. No way someone would be expecting flip this for a profit, more like cut their losses.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 04-10-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you are right, the bid in Kissimmee probably fell thru
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

It wouldn't work for me because I have a tendency to buy high and sell low.

Me too. I dont care what it costs if Im determined to have it. Selling, I usually just want to unload it for whatever reason to the fastest wallet. Holding on to it for a year didnt even help me get more. Its rare for anyone to make money on a used car. For one thing, you never get your time and labor covered. Watch Barrett Jackson this weekend...most cars will sell for less than the seller spent on it. Mecum does seem to have more realistic selling prices in general.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold for $8000
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It got that 2 auctions ago but they had higher reserve then. I am guessing they had been trying to hide the salvage title.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It actually looks like a quality piece, someone may have got a good driver.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock