iLuvsd619's 1986 GT LS4/F40 Build by iluvsd619
Started on: 04-09-2014 01:52 AM
Replies: 14 (528 views)
Last post by: iluvsd619 on 04-12-2014 01:24 PM
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone in the Fiero Community. I am iluvsd619 from San Diego,CA. President of Fieros Of San Diego. Yes, I know LS4/F40 and California doesn't sound good together, but just watch. I post here from time to time and add a few comments and sell parts. This will be my first build post.

I have been into Fiero's since my dad bought home a Black 1986 gt in 1989. I came home from school, saw it on the drive way and fell in love. He told me, " Son, when you turn 16 and your grades are good, the car is yours." I kept my promise and he kept his. "I miss you dad". Since I started driving the Fiero, I have owned a total of 12 Fieros. Yup, I had the bug! Now i'm down to one. This current one will get the LS4.

I want to thank everyone who takes the time to post valuable information for everyone else to see. It helps so much. This car can be a headache sometimes. For this LS4 project I want to thank Westcoast Fiero, Fieroguru, Kemp3, Fiero Addiction, Dobey, Dratts, Darth Fiero, Rickady88GT, Mustangsbeware, F355spider, and any LS4 person I missed for posting great information and answering question about the swaps. This build will be slow because of funding but it will get done. I need this thing finished. I will be asking lots of questions about the swap so bare with me. Will be posting some pics in a few days. Enjoy!

My First Love! 1986 GT. This car is gone, She was parted and shared with the world.

New Love! 1986 GT. I bought this car from a friend in the club. He crashed it. So I still need to repair the front. I got the hood and bumper from other members who dropped their projects.
Currently, this is what mods are on the car.
Built stroked 2.8 to 3.1 v6
Accel ECU
Wilwood Big Brakes
18in XXR 502's
Custom exhaust with Spintech muffler
Other little upgrades here and there

[This message has been edited by iluvsd619 (edited 04-09-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to more pictures as the swap progresses!
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroking has a new low mount alternator mount that seems to have solved Dogcreeks belt squeal. You need to get in touch with him too, Especially if you are looking for engine mounts and a wiring harness.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you planning to do about the CARB sticker, when you get the swap installed and ready for inspection?
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgot about that. Ca. has this stupid law that the ls4 engine and transmission have to stay together.
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Forgot about that. Ca. has this stupid law that the ls4 engine and transmission have to stay together.

Yea, I know. The law sucks! Hope to get it done still. I will check with fieroking about the parts. Thank you.

iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

iluvsd619

1036 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by dobey:

What are you planning to do about the CARB sticker, when you get the swap installed and ready for inspection?

Sent you a PM.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can't wait to see some progress. We need more LS4/manual swaps. I hope to start mine someday. I've got just about everything but the time.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures...lots of pictures please and include of much of SD in the background as possible...miss my 2nd home in La Mesa
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Pictures...lots of pictures please and include of much of SD in the background as possible...miss my 2nd home in La Mesa

Haha! Sure I'll throw pics of SD in there for you. I will put as much pics possible.
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LS4 + F40 should prove to be interesting. Planning on 180* headers?
PFF
System Bot
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ravant:

Using factory LS7 manifolds
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

iluvsd619

1036 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by Ravant:

That would sound really awesome! Maybe after I get it finished and legal, ill slap those on. Is there someone on here running 180* headers? I would like to hear it. Will it even fit within the engine bay?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:

That would sound really awesome! Maybe after I get it finished and legal, ill slap those on. Is there someone on here running 180* headers? I would like to hear it. Will it even fit within the engine bay?

I don't think there's anyone running them on an LSx engine on here. There have been a few Northstars and SBCs with them in Fieros. They do not fit solely in the engine bay, without a lot of custom work to build your own in a way that they fit (which makes it even worse as things will get pretty tight in the bay).
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My LS4

LS4 from a 2006 Chevy Monte Carlo with 15,000mi
Purchased for $1050.00 Delivered to my door from Riverside,CA

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock