IRM Air Induction by Humungus1138
Started on: 04-08-2014 04:26 PM
Replies: 14 (770 views)
Last post by: dobey on 04-20-2014 09:11 PM
Humungus1138

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Humungus1138Send a Private Message to Humungus1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to find out if those wild air induction kits that go over the roof are still being sold or if anyone has a used set for sale. I have seen pics of them hereon the site. I have contacted jimmysautomotiveandcustom.com (used to be fieroconversions.com) who used to sell them but so far no answer.

Does anyone have any info or maybe a pair for sale?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Humungus1138:

I'm trying to find out if those wild air induction kits that go over the roof are still being sold or if anyone has a used set for sale. I have seen pics of them hereon the site. I have contacted jimmysautomotiveandcustom.com (used to be fieroconversions.com) who used to sell them but so far no answer.

Does anyone have any info or maybe a pair for sale?

if you mean the over the roof scoops, goodluck, they havent been made in a while as far as i know, and are going for a pretty penny used.
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM.
Humungus1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Humungus1138Send a Private Message to Humungus1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I sent you one back
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were you looking for the single over the roof scoop similar to the Indy style or the dual over the roof scoops that come out of each side of the rear deck lid Fi-Air-O style?
Humungus1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Humungus1138Send a Private Message to Humungus1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the side vents on my 85 notchback so I am looking for the two vent version. I have seen the single vent version but those must have been made for centervent deck lids. I have not seen one of those around here. When were the center vent deck lids made 84?
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over the roof fibreglass scoops are available from Jimmy's Automotive for $175 CDN each per side + shipping.

This is their website:
http://www.jimmysautomotive....com/accessories.htm email Sue at fieroconversions@aol.com for further information.

Sue also emailed me the following note:
"I have a few fiero aftermarket parts in stock that you may have an interest in and are already made up. Their is a trunk scoop sits on trunk lid regular $225 for $150. Also have front spoilers regular $225 for $150. Side lower quarter panels regular $285 for $200. Let me know if any of these items interest you. Thanks Sue 5192593886"
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The deck lid on the 85+ can be modified to fit the center indy scoop. Don't get the side vent ones. For one the vents on the 85+ are ment for air escape not air intake. And they look funny
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

The deck lid on the 85+ can be modified to fit the center indy scoop. Don't get the side vent ones. For one the vents on the 85+ are ment for air escape not air intake. And they look funny

Some of the center scoops used to be specified for the 85 and later coupes. Mine from the 80's was already modified. I am not use if any of the reproductions are still this way.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Some of the center scoops used to be specified for the 85 and later coupes. Mine from the 80's was already modified. I am not use if any of the reproductions are still this way.

You have to watch them, I have one on my IMSA (original DGP one) and when put on a fastback or 85+ notchback it sits to high off the roof.

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Indy scoops are cut to fit whichever decklid they are going on. Jim Sutter provided specific written instructions with diagrams with the molds on how to fit and install the interior plates that the strut mounts to. For the fastback decklid, an inch gets cut off the entire bottom of the scoop, and on the notchbacks, 85-88, the cut is angled from the front, (starts at an inch and tapers to about the middle), and on the 84 notchback, the bottom is left intact as it comes from the mold.

If you have an Indy scoop on a fastback and it sits too high above the roof, it was made to fit a notchback originally and hasn't been cut to properly fit a fastback. The inside plates, (the strut mounts to these plates), are also positioned in accordance with which decklid the scoop is being made for.

Of course, there are people other than Fierowarehouse (IRM molds) who make an over the roof scoop, so I can't speak to how theirs are set up, but I've briefly outlined the instructions that we were given with the IRM molds.

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do they do anything for performance?
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that someone was advertising a pull it yourself vehicle in the General section this afternoon. One of the pictures showed some type of over the roof scoop.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093851.html

https://images.fiero.nl/2012/photo_(10)_4.JPG

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 04-20-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Do they do anything for performance?

No.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I believe that someone was advertising a pull it yourself vehicle in the General section this afternoon. One of the pictures showed some type of over the roof scoop.

https://images.fiero.nl/2012/photo_(10)_4.JPG

That looks like a standard scoop for a dragster that's been molded into the Fiero decklid.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock