Bulbs by jon m
Started on: 04-08-2014 03:17 PM
Replies: 3 (358 views)
Last post by: theogre on 04-09-2014 12:13 AM
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi - does anyone know if there is a list on here that specifies what bulb (standard spec) is fitted where ?

My Wife and are getting ready for our road trip to Italy next month and I am in the middle of getting a tool and parts collection ready and I basically want to know what bulbs go where.

Thanks in advance
jon
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mkiker2089

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mkiker2089Send a Private Message to mkiker2089Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some bulbs can be used in different spots as well. 194, 921, and a few others are all the same base but not the same brightness. In a pinch it doesn't matter though and if you convert to LEDs you may want to shop around anyway.

Also most round base bulbs are the same. 6 usually means single contact and 7 means dual. The 1156 will work in almost all single pin locations even if there was a different number there before but may be brighter.

I think the 2057 is the same as an 1157 as well and 1157 is usually easier to find as gas stations stock the most common bulbs only.

[This message has been edited by mkiker2089 (edited 04-08-2014).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mkiker2089:
Some bulbs can be used in different spots as well. 194, 921, and a few others are all the same base but not the same brightness. In a pinch it doesn't matter though and if you convert to LEDs you may want to shop around anyway.

Also most round base bulbs are the same. 6 usually means single contact and 7 means dual. The 1156 will work in almost all single pin locations even if there was a different number there before but may be brighter.

I think the 2057 is the same as an 1157 as well and 1157 is usually easier to find as gas stations stock the most common bulbs only.

bright bulbs means more heat and some places, more heat will damage parts. Higher watts can cause damage to marker light and others. 194 is hot enough does some heat damage anyway to marker lights.

Only dif between 2057 1157 is 1157 1 watt more tail light section.

LED are often dimmer or brighter than bulb you replace. Dimmer is big safety issue even when cop don't stop you. A little brighter is likely ok but too bright will cause glare problems, especially a night. Most EU countries set min and max bright levels for each fixture/job, Taillights, stop lights, etc.

See my Cave, Lighbulbs and LED poisoning

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock