Anyone seen these door trims before? by WickedFieroGTP
Started on: 04-06-2014 10:02 PM
Replies: 10 (424 views)
Last post by: WickedFieroGTP on 04-08-2014 11:42 AM
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked these up as part of a package deal. I have never seen them before and was wondering if anyone else has? Its a six piece kit including; trim for the front fenders, the doors and the rear lower quarters.

[This message has been edited by WickedFieroGTP (edited 04-06-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GT/SE moldings with a Fiero sticker.
You'd also need the matching rocker cover.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-07-2014).]

WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have all the pieces. What year did they come on or are they aftermarket? Do they lay over top of the door moldings or in place of the molding?

[This message has been edited by WickedFieroGTP (edited 04-07-2014).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're factory pieces and come on 1984 Indy, 1985 GT, 1986 - 1988 GT, and 1986 - 1987 aero SE trim levels.

If the car does not already have the ground effects kit installed then no they do not lay over the stock body pieces.

The lower long piece - that you do not have - attaches to the lower side of the door sill and under the front and rear quarters (where the non-aero pieces attach). To installed that main piece onto a car without them you'd have to completely remove the lower sill piece.

The front fender, door, and rear quarter pieces have holes drilled into them from the factory to accept the studs that secure the pieces from the inside. On cars without these you have to drill the holes, but you would be going off of no readily accessible measure points other that placing the pieces onto the body work and marking where the studs hit.

Most individuals when they secure a ground effects kit usually try to get the accompanying fender, door, and rear quarter skins as well, since this makes installation a whole lot easier.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 04-07-2014).]

WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

They're factory pieces and come on 1984 Indy, 1985 GT, 1986 - 1988 GT, and 1986 - 1987 aero SE trim levels.

If the car does not already have the ground effects kit installed then no they do not lay over the stock body pieces.

The lower long piece - that you do not have - attaches to the lower side of the door sill and under the front and rear quarters (where the non-aero pieces attach). To installed that main piece onto a car without them you'd have to completely remove the lower sill piece.

The front fender, door, and rear quarter pieces have holes drilled into them from the factory to accept the studs that secure the pieces from the inside. On cars without these you have to drill the holes, but you would be going off of no readily accessible measure points other that placing the pieces onto the body work and marking where the studs hit.

Most individuals when they secure a ground effects kit usually try to get the accompanying fender, door, and rear quarter skins as well, since this makes installation a whole lot easier.

Ok, there seems to be a bit of confusion here. I know what ground effects are and how they attach to our vechicles as I have four fieros at the moment. These are thin sheets of polished steel with "Fiero" imprinted on them, not a decal. The panels have a rubbery adheasive on the back of them similar to the material that hold emblems on cars. I have never seen these before and was curious if anyone what year and model they came on or were they aftermarket.

[This message has been edited by WickedFieroGTP (edited 04-07-2014).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those types of accessories were popular for a while, so I would think they are from places like the JC Whitney catalog....
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Look at the pieces he has.. They look like they are aluminum or stainless.. They look like they are made to be fixed to the original factory plastic molding or lower panels (coupe) using some form of molding tape.

Those are not factory. They attach to your factory stuff or they affix to the coupe lower panels.
WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Those are not factory. They attach to your factory stuff or they affix to the coupe lower panels.

My thoughts as well. I figured if they were factory the font would be in line with what is on the rear deck lid. I have not had the time to compare them to the door panel portion of the ground effects but my first impression is they are to wide to fit over top of the existing panels. Leading me to believe they were made as an accent piece for coupes. That being said I have a nice 84 2M4 I'll probably throw them on, if I can get them to clean up nice.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a 1989 Eagle Premier that had those stainless panels along the rocker. Somebody figured out they could laser cut a bunch of patterns and sell them to dealers. They slapped them on the cars with double-stick tape. They held up well.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think better pictures and description from the OP would have helped
WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

I think better pictures and description from the OP would have helped

I think your correct.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave