v-6 not running to good, please help by jim94
Started on: 04-06-2014 09:03 PM
Replies: 4 (156 views)
Last post by: jim94 on 04-13-2014 02:03 PM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car runs good at 100 MPH but at 35 it bucks and misses bad. I changed the spark plugs and fuel filter with no change. I put the spare icm w/paste and now the teach is all over the place. It always worked fine . My cap is not that old and my wires checked out OK. When it runs it sounds like a sewing machine. A sound I have never heard from the engine before. Bad something having to do with fuel? Help please
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If runs fine 100 mph it's not the fuel system. Sounds like yuor ign timing is off.

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I ordered a tach filter. Did it go bad or did I short it out somehow but not pushing the connector all the way in. All the wires are not frayed or even dirty. Time to check my timing too.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tach filter has nothing to do with how it runs, only what the tach reads. Double check timing, fuel pressure, check for clean intake tract (throttle body, etc.), clean IAC, proper O2 sensor operation, and verify no check engine light.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put a new icm/cap and rotor/coil/wires/spark plugs /fuel filter and it runs like a new car. I had 2 bad plug wires. My tach filter works too. All new parts are AC delco.

[This message has been edited by jim94 (edited 04-13-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock