Im in over my head, im gonna need some help by jackhill83
Started on: 04-06-2014 11:15 AM
Replies: 5 (330 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 04-06-2014 09:53 PM
jackhill83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jackhill83Send a Private Message to jackhill83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no experience in rebuilding engines or doing a 3800sc swap. Im in over my head. Anyone near the warren county NJ area that could lend some assistance some time in the future?? I would throw some money in for time and labor, as well as buy beers and pizza. my garage is kind of small so if prefer your place that wouldnt matter to me.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! I've never swapped an engine myself, but I would guess that a serious engine swapper stays off the beer and pizza while he is working. He would probably charge extra if he has to explain every step to you while he is doing it....so it might be cheaper for you if you let someone with experience take the car and the engine and give you a quote.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bmwguru in Howell, NJ does Fiero engine swaps.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jackhill83:

I have no experience in rebuilding engines or doing a 3800sc swap. Im in over my head. Anyone near the warren county NJ area that could lend some assistance some time in the future?? I would throw some money in for time and labor, as well as buy beers and pizza. my garage is kind of small so if prefer your place that wouldnt matter to me.

With everything needed for the 3800 swap either well documented or for sale as a plug/play setup there is no reason u can not do the swap urself. That is if u have the needed tools and the few shop tools needed for the install. The swap is pretty straightforward and easyto do if u take ur time.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

With everything needed for the 3800 swap either well documented or for sale as a plug/play setup there is no reason u can not do the swap urself. That is if u have the needed tools and the few shop tools needed for the install. The swap is pretty straightforward and easyto do if u take ur time.

I could as easily tell you that writing programs in .net is fairly simple. With all of the examples on the web, and knowing how to use a keyboard , writing windows applications and programs is pretty straightforward and easy to do, if you take your time.

Not to come down on you or anything, in any way.... honestly, just responding to was was written. Telling someone what is and is not beyond their ability is tough. He basically said he is in over his head, and would like some help. Not someone telling him he can do it all by himself

I was recently in a similar situation, and a few good people stepped up to help. Good luck, and hope you are able to find some help.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I could as easily tell you that writing programs in .net is fairly simple. With all of the examples on the web, and knowing how to use a keyboard , writing windows applications and programs is pretty straightforward and easy to do, if you take your time.

Not to come down on you or anything, in any way.... honestly, just responding to was was written. Telling someone what is and is not beyond their ability is tough. He basically said he is in over his head, and would like some help. Not someone telling him he can do it all by himself

I was recently in a similar situation, and a few good people stepped up to help. Good luck, and hope you are able to find some help.

Thats cause writing progams in net is simple along with creating programs that can recreate organic structures from using nothing but x and z axies. Its all well documented and csn be done by using google and uTube....

Not really but that's the best I could come up with once I went back and re read what the OP posted. I didnt relaize he said he was over his head already....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock