Started on: 04-05-2014 09:03 PM
Replies: 61 (1506 views)
Last post by: California Kid on 04-12-2014 09:53 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I took a lot of losses and DID have money to burn. I built my own cars for my own pleasure and not to make money. When I got tired of it, I just got rid of it. Some people throw their money at alcohol and drugs and dont have anything to show for it. You dont usually get money for your time on your own car when you sell it. Watch Barrett-Jackson some time. Tons of cars sell for far less than what they cost. The other kits were ones I built for others. I charged them for my time by the hour. If they want to spend $40K on a car worth $20K, thats their business. All the ones I linked were just the first ones that showed up in Google. I didnt feel like wasting time hunting for something I didnt want. How do I know his car is any way comparable to any I showed. Most of the cars built on these reality shows are really just rolling junk if you see them in person. Ive personally seen some of them and they were falling apart and looked like crap. His may be outstanding...I dont have a clue. Just taking the word of anyone else here is just as dumb. In the few minutes I looked, I also found some REAL ones for around $90K. If you have $45K for a used kit, why not pop another $45K and have the real deal..... although with my experience, real ones are overpriced junk. They look great, but they have the reliability of a Yugo. Regardless, he may find someone to pay that. I wouldnt. Is he willing to keep it for sale for 3 years till someone does ? I had a new Magnum I had $45K in (bought new for $38K). I had it a few years, 15,000 miles and BRAND NEW in and out, thousands in upgrades. Took me over a year to get $13,000 for it and I started at asking $22,000 (1/2 its value). For my own use, Id rather buy the last link Countach kit for its price and have $30K left over.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger stop talking "SHIGITY" you must have something to do with "Super Replica" the biggest scammer out there in Belize and Panama it say it in your sig , any how what you are talking is just talk.....if you do it right it adds up real fast also you must be wealthy or lying to give these cars away or they were junk build........ c'mon maaan explain to us. Rod sorry to mess up your sale but this RogerGarrison always do this.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deleted because I decided none of this is anybody elses business. I do and say what I please. Deal with it.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-08-2014).]

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger back up every thing you said by sending $100 my way then I will Fk off or donate to Cliff to help run the forum if not you are just mouth.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:
The second link is for an LP 640 with a starting bid of $31.3K... that's likely not the price he's willing to sell it for... until someone places a bid there's no telling how high his reserve price is... it could be $60K.

It doesn't say "Reserve Not Met," so either the reserve has already been met, or there is no reserve. If the starting bid is $31.3K, then that's what he'll sell it for if only one person has bid at the end of the auction, and there is no reserve on it. Whatever the bid is at the end of the auction, is what it sells for.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The argument on that car is pointless... that ad is apparently a scam and that's why it's an attractive price without a reserve.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 04-08-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

The argument on that car is pointless... that ad is apparently a scam and that's why it's an attractive price without a reserve.

Yeah, I don't care about the car at all. I was just clarifying how eBay works in that respect since you were saying it wasn't clear what the reserve was.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do I get for my $100 ? I said I waste a lot of money, but its always for something I like. There are people on here that have been here. I dont have to prove anything unless theres something in it for me. Your a pretty good salesman if you get someone to pay $45,000 for a Fiero Lambo kit...I dont care how well done it is....and I didnt say he wouldnt find someone. Maybe it will strike the fancy of someone like me who dont mind the price of a new toy. I do everything for ME...no living relatives, no bills...so I can do anything I please with any money I have. I dont donate to anyone.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by RUNDLC:

So Roger help me to understand of the 3 cars you just quoted you had roughly $77,000.00 in those 3 cars and you chose to sell them for roughly $27,000.00 ?? Man You either have TONS of cash to burn!! Or am I missing something? That is a $50,000.00 LOSS on your part, Now what about the other three cars you built? Same result? Not bashing just asking cause spending money and loosing like that would cause me to go into another line of work. I'm just saying.

I sold my GT40 kit for what I had in it...break even with no labor costs. I traded a Jaguar XK100 finished kit & 160K Caravan for a C4 Corvette...even trade. The other kits were for customers that brought their own stuff and I charged them my labor to build so yes, I made money on those. Im not in the car selling or building business, its a hobby. Im was the body repair and restoration business for 40+ years till I retired.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I'm always left out

Make it street legal
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

Roger stop talking "SHIGITY" you must have something to do with "Super Replica" the biggest scammer out there in Belize and Panama .

Sorry never hear of it before you. Wouldnt surprise me, Panama is the Nigeria of the west. I never scammed anyone...im the one that lost on most deals. How do you scam yourself ? I never heard of anyone buying a new car that didnt lose money. I just buy more cars, so I lose more. Ive had as many as a 1/2 dozen at one time. Did I need them, no. But I wanted them. When I didnt want one any more, I got rid of it the quickest I could. The $20K was already spent, so selling it for $5000 was money back in my pocket to buy something else. I enjoyed the use of it and the money was the price it cost. Some people lease a house, so they lose say $1000 a month. They dont have anything to show for it, but they enjoyed staying there. If you stayed there for 10 years, you just blew $120,000 and dont have a thing. Same difference to me. I probably spent more each month for food and tips at my local Hooters than you make a month. When our local Fiero club had meetings there, I even hired my favorites to only serve our group out of my pocket just because I wanted to.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-09-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a lot of people mistake insurance replacement value for what you could get if you could actually sell it. My car is appraised at $45,000 as 'replacement value' for insurance purposes but I'd take $15,000 to sell it. Anyone???

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Make it street legal

I know it looks like a good idea on paper but I can tell you the car is nowhere near tame enough for the street. It is very unhappy at 65 mph.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by YellowArtero:

I see a lot of people mistake insurance replacement value for what you could get if you could actually sell it. My car is appraised at $45,000 as 'replacement value' for insurance purposes but I'd take $15,000 to sell it. Anyone???

Yours looks fine to me. Id buy it for $15K before Id ever pay $45K for a Fiero based kit, no matter how well its done. Of course the guys above will tell you its junk if thats what you will take for it. Not to mention I know it cost you more than $15K to build (prob double, and not including your time), so you would be stupid and lose your ass. Doesnt matter that you just may want to sell it. I have a friend with an ERA GT40 that IS worth probably close to $100K. Its dead on accurate, the only thing really diff is that its fiberglass as opposed to OEM metal. It even has the Weber carbs of the originals. He wont sell it for any price, I tried. Hes had it at least 10-15 years now.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
Id buy it for $15K before Id ever pay $45K for a Fiero based kit, no matter how well its done. Of course the guys above will tell you its junk if thats what you will take for it.

I'm one of "the guys above" and don't take kindly to your insinuation of what you think I think about YellowArtero's car.

Let's backtrack a second here and summarize why you posted in this thread in the first place. You don't believe Roderieguz' car is worth $45K because:

1. Your personal opinion is that no Fiero based kit car is worth $45K;
2. You think you can buy "a brand new factory Lambourghini Diablo conversion built for you... your color, interior, wheels, etc for just over $30K" but can't support your remark with any factory supplier's name; and
3. You claim to have built or bought 6 kit cars in your past and sold them for as little as 25% of what you spent on them, and therefore no car could possibly be worth the money spent building it;

Despite admitting that you know nothing about Roderieguz' car, you still feel justified in defending your point of view as though it were fact. The disconnected logic you use to argue your point causes some of "us" to question your motivation so, you retaliate by making a generalization about how "us guys above" must think that a third party's car (Yellow Artero) is "junk". Am I missing something here or are you just blowing a smoke screen to divert attention away from your "facts"?

Edit to add: The clearest proof that you are wrong is that there are enough folks here on PFF that have spent $45K or more on their cars to get what they want. Just because you are not willing to do so doesn't mean others aren't. And just because you don't think any Fiero based kit car is worth $45K, doesn't mean none are.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 04-09-2014).]

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see chipped rims and out of alignment panels especially the front end.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 days left on this one, No Reserve:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lam...29&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lam...29&pt=US_Cars _Trucks

Description sound like total bs. And he is claiming 1850 lbs. My replica is almost twice that weight. Looks real good though if you like the chrome finish.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 04-09-2014).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Description sound like total bs. And he is claiming 1850 lbs. My replica is almost twice that weight. Looks real good though if you like the chrome finish.

That could be easily verified. He claims to have a custom tubular chassis with a GM Tub (?), also there's no top/back window, no side windows-tracks, regulartors. I wouldn't call him a liar, just as for a weigh slip contingent on sale, no big deal.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No pictures of the engine.... or frame... or anything in detail
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That could be easily verified. He claims to have a custom tubular chassis with a GM Tub (?), also there's no top/back window, no side windows-tracks, regulartors. I wouldn't call him a liar, just as for a weigh slip contingent on sale, no big deal.

I thought about those things, but I don't see any way to subtract 1600 lbs from my car that way. I don't have a top/backwindow either and the difference between a fiero frame, windows-tracks, regulators doesn't add up to that much. Did you read the ad? Every ad that I've ever read like that are just full of bs. I mean you can just taste the bs! Car looks nice though, even though the chrome isn't something that I would do to my car.
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sold for $39,600
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors