V-8 Archie retiring by Archie
Started on: 04-03-2014 11:44 AM
Replies: 186 (15238 views)
Last post by: War Hammer on 08-07-2016 03:21 AM
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I have expected Fiero vendors to start leaving the market, it is still a bit sad to see them go. Hopefully some one will pick up the torch for those that are hoping to have this swap done. Haus of Guru will also no longer be doing Fiero engine swaps.......

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 05-26-2014).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know, I thought I made it clear but maybe I haven't.

I'm not totally retiring or quitting. I call it semi-retiring.

I'm still going to be selling the various V-8 kits & the 6 speed kits. I still have a bunch of that stuff in stock & I'm selling that stuff from stock even as I make the move.

The Mad-Arch WideBody kits & the headliners, Battery Trays, Warber Scoops, interior kits & other small Fiberglass parts are going with me to LV & will be back in production by July.

If I ever do totally retire, I would find someone to carry the torch from there.

If someone wants or needs a Fino/Finale or one of the F kits (as I call them), I can direct them to the people who can make those parts for them.

Otherwise all my other products are still available thru me.

So, never fear, Archie will still be here. I just won't be building a bunch of Turn-Key stuff in house like I have for the last several years..

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-26-2014).]

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on your not so semi-retirement plans.... LoL . Sounds like your still going to be very busy. But glad to hear your still in the loop strong.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 05-27-2014).]

ammotrup

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ammotrupSend a Private Message to ammotrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I'm going to be out in Vegas mid October for a Air Force AMMO Chief's reunion. If you've made the transition to semi-retired (I've done that a couple of times), I'd like to meet up. I talked to you a couple of times on the phone and purchased a few parts for my V8 powered '88 328 replica. Now that I've got the time, I'm getting a little too damn old to do all the stuff I originally planned to accomplish. Retirement should be done when we're young enough to enjoy it instead of getting over the hill before we get a break from the daily grind. Congratulations on semi-retirement.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a bunch of sadness & a bit of excitement, the shop is empty today.

Several friends & customers called today & I'd like to thank them all.

See you at the Dells.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-30-2014).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm still going to be selling the various V-8 kits & the 6 speed kits. I still have a bunch of that stuff in stock & I'm selling that stuff from stock even as I make the move.

Archie

It probably was not as crystal clear as this...

Cool! I can still have an LS3 powered Fiero someday, I just have to do the work myself, (or pay someone else to install).
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It probably was not as crystal clear as this...

Cool! I can still have an LS3 powered Fiero someday, I just have to do the work myself, (or pay someone else to install).

And there could be a good chance that Rob or Rob & Kris might be doing a few of them in the future.

A
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like the song says; Thanks for the memories......................
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Archie got a well deserved standing ovation at the Dells Run. Have fun in Vegas and thanks for keeping the Fieros exciting.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-03-2014).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Archie got a well deserved standing ovation at the Dells Run. Have fun in Vegas and thanks for keeping the Fieros exciting.

Yeah, that took me totally by surprise.... so much so, that I couldn't even thank everyone.

So I'd like to say Thanks to them here.

Thanks.

Archie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I wasn't there, so...

Bob
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little update.

On June 16th.

We started moving our things out of the house in IL. I already had all of my shop equipment & tools stored in 3 Storage units.

It took until July 3rd to get all of our personal furnishings out of the house & either packed into storage or packed into my trailer for the trip to LV.

WE left on July 3rd & got to LV on July 7th.

We are now looking for a place to move into. We are looking for a place where I can park my trailer & some other storage & initially I'd like to work out of the house. Selling & shipping the parts & kits. That way I can be near home to help the wife during the day.

I'll keep you posted

Archie
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, u have a PM.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One day early but---HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Archie.
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best to get it done this week since the weather is fairly mild. lol
OverKill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OverKillSend a Private Message to OverKillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope all is going well for you on your new adventure. I'll be thinking of you the first time im shoveling snow in the next few months.

------------------
Ethan

1985 Base "The Mongoose" under the knife 472 turbo build

1988 Formula daily driver

DaveC

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveCSend a Private Message to DaveCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this late.

ARCHIE, thank you for your commitment to this community over the years. I enjoyed my V8 Fiero for years thanks to you. Your willingness to share your stories of your beginnings in the Fiero world (my first V8 was the 327 as well), by virtue of the great conversations I've had with you on the phone, and the knowledge you so graciously shared with me and others, even when all we had was a question or comment has left a lasting impression on many of us. It seems the younger generation is more self-centered and hateful, but your generation and mine know how to be real men, gentlemen, AND how to take out the trash!

I hope that you and your family find lasting health, happiness and peace where you are now.

Thanks for having been, and continuing to be there,

Dave

[This message has been edited by DaveC (edited 08-29-2014).]

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little update.

I'll keep you posted

Archie

Hows it going Archie? Getting settled in? Any steps towards getting something going out there?

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, belated congratulations on your semi-retirement. You have given the Fiero forum so many years, and so many memories, and I'm glad to see that you continue to support the Fiero community. When everyone else made fun of the Fiero you continued to stick with it, and I think that is admirable. Thanks for everything you have done for the Fiero platform, and for your continued support for Fiero's. Former owner of ChopTop #4.

[This message has been edited by ChopTop (edited 12-20-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Hows it going Archie? Getting settled in? Any steps towards getting something going out there?

You're right, it is time for an update.

It's going pretty good & I have a lot going on out here.

We got here on the 1st leg of the move on July 7th. It was me, my wife, 2 dogs, my truck & 24' trailer loaded up with furniture etc. We stayed at my brothers house for a few weeks while we found the "right" place.

Found a house with a back yard 3 car garage/workshop on 1 acre just South of Blue Diamond (Windmill) & just east of Las Vegas Blvd. It's desert landscaping with just about everykind of catus & palm tree that the owner could find.

it's got a nice barbecue are in the back, but we haven't had time to use it yet.

The garage/workshop.

Towards the end of August, I drove the truck & trailer back to IL. I was in Rockford for 4 days & Rob & Kris & a couple of friends of mine (John & Jerry) Loaded all of my shop stuff up into a 53' Semi Trailer. I then put my Fiero into my trailer (along with some other odds & ends) & I drove back to LV with my trailer. I guarantee that it will be a long time before I drive across the country with a trailer in tow.

I was happy to finally have my Fiero out here. Here is a vies of it from my home office window.

A few days after I got back, the family of Jim Buell had his Miura shipped to me so that I could work on selling it for them.

In the meantime I had to make arraingements to unload the semi trailer when it got here. I had to get a off-road forklift rented so that we could unload the trailer in the front & carry all the stuff around to the workshop. It's all crushed stone here & a regular forklift would have sunk trying to get around the house & to the workshop.

The semi got here on Sept. 20th. &, with the help of a crew we got it all unloaded in 1 day.

Since then I've been building up inventory of V-8 kits & parts. Found a CNC machine shop to make a few different parts for me. Also have a CNC plasma cutter shop that has made 25 or more of each of 10 different part numbers for me. Have a Fiberglass guy who has made a few WideBody kits as well.

I've also been kinda busy packing & shipping parts.

Curley came over from CA in nov. & we went to the SEMA Show.

So staying busy & having some fun.

Archie

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see that you are doing well and getting settled in.

Here is wishing you and Karen a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

BTW--Is Karen getting along with the change in weather?

Your friend in Miami---Clem.--
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice place !

Congratulations on the move Archie and boy it sure sounds like you have your business ducks all lined up as well.

Geeeeez that Muira is still as stunning as ever. Good luck with your new relocation, hope it helps your wife with her health.

P.S.

Now tell curly to get off his duff and get #15 over there lol !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-11-2014).]

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear you're all settled in - moving is such a PITA! Hope the weather agrees with the Mrs. What are Chris & Rob up to these days?

Jim
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice house!

I watched the Miura build, it would make a nice DD
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you're doing well. I love the Hacienda style. Be careful the HOA police (nosey neighbors) will screw up your fun with cars. They got on me about changing a tire. They will probably give you crap about the business trailer with signage on it. Take care.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad you are doing well Archie
Very nice place
I specially like the 3 car garage
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I highly doubt he has an HOA. That's old unincorporated Las Vegas. I was looking for a house in that area some time ago, but they are kind of pricey due to the acreage.

Congratulations on finding a place here! Likely see you around some time.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Archie
Happy to see you are settling in....hope your wife's health improves also. I was wondering if you had pics and info on the Automoda top Formula you did a couple of years ago. I'm presently preparing my 87 GT to do this swap... any links pics and info would be greatlly appreciated ... if you want you can email pics to admin(at)tylerstoy(dot)com
thanks Archie !!! also very happy to know your keeping in touch with us

regards
Danyel
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie - glad to see that you found such a cool place & are getting settled in!

With that BBQ out back, it looks like we should throw a Fiero party there some time.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 12-12-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice area in the SW! Hope to see you at Cars n Coffee one of these days
Kurtmylar702

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kurtmylar702Send a Private Message to Kurtmylar702Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see your in Vegas. I live off of Saint rose and Maryland Parkway. In the Silverado Ranch area you are probably about 5 to 10 miles at most from me. I would love to stop by when you get settled or if you need any help. It will be nice to see more custom Fiero's in the neighborhood and so closes. I have been trying to get a monthly meeting or get together at Cars and Coffee going with some of the others that have moved here. My number is 702-343-6932 Thanks Kurt Mylar PS how much for the lambo? One of my coworkers must have seen your car because he thought it was one of mine and I told him I was only driving my red gt at the time. so I know you are close by.

[This message has been edited by Kurtmylar702 (edited 12-12-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A few days after I got back, the family of Jim Buell had his Miura shipped to me so that I could work on selling it for them.

For sale? Man I wish I could afford that. Ever since I first saw one, I've thought the Miura was the most beautiful exotic of all time.
Nice to see you getting settled in for a long, happy retirement!
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wishing you very happy retirement Archie. I was at SEMA as well. ill look you up next year when I go.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Glad to hear you're doing well. I love the Hacienda style. Be careful the HOA police (nosey neighbors) will screw up your fun with cars. They got on me about changing a tire. They will probably give you crap about the business trailer with signage on it. Take care.

No HOA here at all.

It's pretty wide open out here. There are lots of horse boarding places around here. I have a neighbor 2 doors down that has a motorcycle ball of death in his front yard. Another guy a block away has a goat house & goats out in his front yard. The coolest thing I've seen so far is a house on a smaller lot with closer neighbors has what looks like a professional trapeze setup, with nets & all, in his yard. Heck, I even have a goat house (from a previous owner) in the back yard. No goats here though. LOL

I have enough room out back to park several trailers. The problem is that this property has a sharp 90+degree turn to get around to pull the trailer in the back. I'm thinking that I could get my truck & trailer "jammed up" trying to get around that turn. My brother has an H2. The wheelbase is about 16" shorter & the body is like 36" shorter than my crew cab. So when the time comes, I might be able to get it out back with his truck.

Archie

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

I highly doubt he has an HOA. That's old unincorporated Las Vegas. I was looking for a house in that area some time ago, but they are kind of pricey due to the acreage.

Congratulations on finding a place here! Likely see you around some time.

Originally posted by sleevePAPA:

That's a nice area in the SW! Hope to see you at Cars n Coffee one of these days

I've been to a couple of the Cars n Coffee things on S. Eastern so far. Haven't really had much luck finding other such places to go yet.

Any suggestions?

Archie

Originally posted by Kurtmylar702:

Glad to see your in Vegas. I live off of Saint rose and Maryland Parkway. In the Silverado Ranch area you are probably about 5 to 10 miles at most from me. I would love to stop by when you get settled or if you need any help. It will be nice to see more custom Fiero's in the neighborhood and so closes. I have been trying to get a monthly meeting or get together at Cars and Coffee going with some of the others that have moved here. My number is 702-343-6932 Thanks Kurt Mylar PS how much for the lambo? One of my coworkers must have seen your car because he thought it was one of mine and I told him I was only driving my red gt at the time. so I know you are close by.

I'm glad to see that there are several Fiero people nearby.

You're only about 10 minutes away from here.

Archie
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only other show I know about is Twin Peaks, in Henderson. I'll let you know when I see others
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2014 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a Cars and Coffee Sun Morning at the Sante Fe Mining Co by the Sante Fe Casino, Northwest side of town. I'm new to Fieros, so sorry I wasn't aware of your pending move. I also was looking for a place to work on my toys. Found a place with an 8 car garage with a lift, in the NW side of town- same thing- no HOA!. Was recently looking around on Realtor.com, and found a place with a 22 car heated/AC workshop, along with an 8 car attached garage!. Wife says that will have to wait on the Lottery!

If you need any info about Vegas, or help in any way, just let me know. I'm retired, so I have time on my hands.

------------------
'87 GT in process!

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see the update Archie.

Any idea where the Miura will be listed?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
two things Arch. First you are reti-ed. you haven't yet got the -ring to go on the end of that. How is that for partially retired? (LOL) Second, you have to go try that motorcycle ball of death.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock