Started on: 04-01-2014 01:05 PM
Replies: 2 (409 views)
Last post by: Steven Snyder on 04-03-2014 01:37 PM
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 1988 GT's front Koni shocks are shot. Does anybody know the best place to send them off for a rebuild? I looked on the net, there's a few in California, Performance Shock in Sonoma And Pro parts USA. Does anybody know of anywhere else and has anybody used any of these places to have their Koni shocks rebuilt? I bought a car with Konis on it so I do not have the original receipt since I did not purchase them. Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
neverendingproject

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for neverendingprojectSend a Private Message to neverendingprojectEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent my struts off to Truechoice for a rebuild/revalve, when they came back they appeared to be leaking. I emailed them about my concern, they said it was perfectly normal but within 5 years they were junk. I installed new konis on the front of the car at the same time and they're in great shape. I don't know if that's just the nature of rebuilt konis or if they screwed up somehow but next time I'll try Koni themselves.

------------------
'84 2m4 Northstar 5 speed
'84 3800SCII sold
'86 GT-'92 3.4 TDC 5 speed(sold)

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't heard anything bad about Pro Parts, but I haven't used them. The guy who runs it autocrosses with SCCA in SoCal. I did request a quote online to rebuild and revalve my Konis and got a quick response. I ended up getting Bilsteins for my car instead though. My Konis didn't last very long before one started leaking, and they're more expensive to rebuild and revalve than the Bilsteins.

You can also send them to Koni North America for rebuild and revalve.

Make sure you request dyno charts (and post them here when you get them back!). Ask the shock technician to adjust each pair until they match on the dyno, and then mark that adjustment. Don't change it.

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 04-03-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock