Need spray can color suggestion by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 03-29-2014 11:35 PM
Replies: 4 (238 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 03-30-2014 02:35 PM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like your input on what off the shelf spray can brand / color most closely resembles the tan interior of Fiero's? (I'm not referring to the darker 88 tan color ) Does anyone remember the original tan color? As an experiment I tried Rustoleum American Accents Nutmeg, #7942. It came out a little on the light side but is still. "in the ballpark". What have you found that is close?
Thanks, Kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True Value Warm Brown isn't too bad.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Repainted/Dyed Some of my interior pieces( 88GT Tan/Buckskin interior) several years ago. Got the color codes from the front compartment sticker and went to a Car Quest paint supply store. The clerk mixed me up a Pint of (Dye) and with a baby food jar sprayer I applied it to the pieces. The Color Match was EXACTLY PERFECT and with the dye being thinner then enamel paint, (which DOES NOT STICK to vinyl ) it still showed the texture pattern. To this day I can't tell were I applied the dye it blended so well.
Now days the FStore sells these dyes in a spray can in for the 88's interiors in(DARK SADDLE Brown #50942), ( LIGHT TAN (SADDLE) #50943) and (Beechwood #50944) if you want to do it right.

Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies gentleman.
Any more input? Especially on something over the counter where I can buy it locally.
Oh, and thanks for the reminder about enamel paints not sticking to vinyl .
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 03-30-2014).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about any local sources for the paint.....unless you can find a store that sells the SEM brand of spray paint. They have a LOT of factory colors for different cars. TCPGlobal out of San Diego sells it but you would have to order it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock