I am looking to either pawn or sell my 86 GT 2.8 auto.
The car has approx. 50K miles and the following:
- engine and transmission in great shape
- newer tires (less than 100 miles on all 4)
- newer "DIY_Stu" dew wipes installed 3 years ago
- plugs and wires changed 3-4 years ago
- battery less than 2 years old
- oil pan replaced 2-3 years ago
- (2) E-brake cables replaced 3-4 years ago
- Interior is in great shape - no holes or rips in seats
- sunroof (non-leaking)
- all power options working (windows, etc.)
On the minus side:
- needs repainted (fading)
- engine has that infamous "idle hunting" issue (easy fix from what I understand)
- AC needs recharged
- subwoofer missing
- headliner needs replaced
- trunk seal may need replaced (does not leak however)
I was just looking for opinions as to what I could realistically get out of this if I pawned it or sold it outright. I really don't want to sell it though; I'd rather pawn it, but a pawn shop unfortunately will not be so generous. I emailed one pawn shop around my area and they said they would not be interested due to "having problems in the past with this model" (whatever that means). A title loan is really not an option at this time due to my current unemployment status (they require proof of income).
Any opinions are welcome as to what I could get out of this, either selling it or pawning it. Thank you in advance.
[This message has been edited by Brent7088 (edited 03-27-2014).]