Always look at your PNP receipt before you leave by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 03-24-2014 02:56 PM
Replies: 19 (647 views)
Last post by: V8 Vega on 03-31-2014 12:38 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just passing on some good advice:
Always check your receipt before leaving PNP. It takes a few extra minutes but it's worth it in my opinion. Especially for organizations like PickNPull where the cashiers have to make judgement calls on what to charge you. (due to inexperience the workers often get them wrong) I had purchased some plastic headlight trim rings for my Reatta but the guy charged me for headlight doors, which are far more money. Since I rarely go to this particular PNP , (it's a 45 minute drive ) I called the mgr and told him what happened and he said come on down to get an adjustment (the difference they owe me) but I said I'm not doing that as it will cost more money in gas than what you owe me. I offered to send a pic of the trim rings and a scan of my receipt ( I paid by credit card) but he said no, you have to come down here, that's our policy.
I could have called my bank, reversed the charges and played hardball but I'm actually SICK of their absolutely non-friendly customer service. I didn't want to even escalate this I dislike this company so much. I just let it go and promised myself right then and there that I will never leave a PNP without checking my receipt 100%!

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 03-24-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless you're buying a whole lot of different stuff, it takes more like 10 seconds to check the receipt. And it's something you should do anywhere you buy anything, even at McDonald's. You never know when you get the brand new cashier who just started 10 minutes before you walked in, and can't get a simple order right.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody ever gotten the order right a Mcdonalds?
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always order mine wrong. That way they don't have to get it right.

FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always place my order incorrectly as well.

I figure that since they always screw it up, statistics dictate that they'll eventually give me what I really wanted.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eh, the hell with receipts. Back in the early 90's, I bought a big screen TV from Macy's. It was $850 and the girl rang it up for $85. I looked at her a little funny and paused. She then became irritated and in a louder voice gave me the "85 DOLLARS SIR".....so she got her $85, unemployment, and I went home with a great deal. I tossed the receipt as soon as I got into my car.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when ever i go to pnp i always ask the price for every item. it might irritate them but i try to be as nice as i can so they dont screw me.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I go to LKQ.
It's opposite for me.
Usually they forget to put something on the bill (not on purpose) or if it small enough they just let it slide.

I got a pair of Notchie tail lights for $20.00 once ( supposed to be 20 ea). I pointed it out to the manager and he said its to late, what is done is done.
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to Pic a Part in LV about 2 weeks ago for a few things. The cashier must have took me for an idiot and tried to charge me double, I quickly asked for a break down in prices and he said "oh wait, let me fix."

I make it a habit to check the prices before I go to the boneyard, because these guys try to take advantage of anyone, especially if they dont know you.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thing I hate about PnP is that you can go two different times, buy the same items, and still get charged a different price. It seams to me that they make the $hit up as they go. I have left there with some of the best parts, for a super cheap price, other times I have left and been charged way, way too much. Its a science I have yet to figure out.

Also, I have noticed that my local PnP has been raising the prices more and more as the years go by. The "cheap parts" I used to pull are no longer cheap, and I hate their $1 an inch for tail lights. It may work out for GT tails, but not for coupes.

RJ

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 03-26-2014).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

... and I hate their $1 an inch for tail lights. It may work out for GT tails, but not for coupes.

Expensive. But - I snagged a perfect set as spares for my Indy.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

PFF
System Bot
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a big fan of LKQ in Tulsa. If I bring several items to the checkout they usually won't charge for some of the smaller ones, so when I buy an engine or a transmission, I ALWAYS grab other stuff (like seat belts, trim, etc.) too.

They sold me an '88 cradle with the complete suspension attached for $120, because I'm such a regular customer and I pestered them about it for a couple of weeks.

I know how much the part I'm after is listed for before I pull it. I've been surprised many times by them ringing up parts for way less than I expected. And I love the half-price sales they have on holiday weekends. Bought two complete Fiero doors with electric windows, mirrors and locks for $50.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I aint feeling "core deposits" on "junkyard" parts.
other than that, the thrill of the hunt is worth it.....in the end, for me

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-28-2014).]

FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Thing I hate about PnP is that you can go two different times, buy the same items, and still get charged a different price. It seams to me that they make the $hit up as they go. I have left there with some of the best parts, for a super cheap price, other times I have left and been charged way, way too much.

I'm with you 1000%. Different day, different price. Different guy, different price.

I understand that there simply has to be some judgment afforded to the guys working the cash register. They simply cannot realistically have every nut, bolt, tube, wire, whatever on their price list. They list the stuff they think of and sell most often, and the other stuff gets made up on the fly. It would be unrealistic to expect them to have a perfect price sheet with everything on it. I can't fault them for pulling numbers out of their butts for the stuff that's not on the sheet.

But here's the problem... At my local p-n-p, they don't want you bringing parts to checkout and then dumping some of them on the ground there if you decide you don't want them. So they make a big point of "If you don't buy everything, you can't buy anything." I get that too. They're discouraging window shopping. No problem.

But what often happens to me is I bring three things to the window, two of which are on the price sheet and one is not. I know the prices on two of the items even before I get to the window, and they'll pull a number out for the third. What pisses me off is when the number they pull out for the item that's not on the sheet is much higher than what I think it should cost. "If I knew you wanted that much, I never would have been interested." kind of thing.

They have this incomplete price sheet but don't accept any negotiability on the stuff that's NOT on the list.

Anyone else run into this, and if so, what do you do about it?
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 03-29-2014).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by batousai666:

I aint feeling "core deposits" on "junkyard" parts.
other than that, the thrill of the hunt is worth it.....in the end, for me

+1. I hate how much it can add to a cheap part.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you about customer service at PNP. Its' nice to find a rare part or save over buying new, but they are absolute a$$holes at the one here. Can't stand dealing with them.

Jim
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I agree with you about customer service at PNP. Its' nice to find a rare part or save over buying new, but they are absolute a$$holes at the one here. Can't stand dealing with them.

Jim

YEP!!!
V8 Vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2014 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here self service junkyards are 100 % Mexican and their chance has come at last to stick it to the white man.
V8 Vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2014 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

V8 Vega

508 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

I'm with you 1000%. Different day, different price. Different guy, different price.

I understand that there simply has to be some judgment afforded to the guys working the cash register. They simply cannot realistically have every nut, bolt, tube, wire, whatever on their price list. They list the stuff they think of and sell most often, and the other stuff gets made up on the fly. It would be unrealistic to expect them to have a perfect price sheet with everything on it. I can't fault them for pulling numbers out of their butts for the stuff that's not on the sheet.

But here's the problem... At my local p-n-p, they don't want you bringing parts to checkout and then dumping some of them on the ground there if you decide you don't want them. So they make a big point of "If you don't buy everything, you can't buy anything." I get that too. They're discouraging window shopping. No problem.

But what often happens to me is I bring three things to the window, two of which are on the price sheet and one is not. I know the prices on two of the items even before I get to the window, and they'll pull a number out for the third. What pisses me off is when the number they pull out for the item that's not on the sheet is much higher than what I think it should cost. "If I knew you wanted that much, I never would have been interested." kind of thing.

They have this incomplete price sheet but don't accept any negotiability on the stuff that's NOT on the list.

Anyone else run into this, and if so, what do you do about it?

Here they allow you to not buy something when you get to the window and its overpriced. It seems to depend on the person you get. Some for something plastic will call it plastic trim which has a low price on their list or metal trim also low price

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock