falken ziex 912 by jim94
Started on: 03-17-2014 12:41 PM
Replies: 8 (278 views)
Last post by: joesfiero on 03-19-2014 10:23 PM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have 15" rims on my GT and would like to know if falken ziex 912 are any good. What kind of tires do you have. My Goodyear eagles are on there way out in the rear and are not made in 15" anymore and I am not buying new rims.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you will get a lot of opinions, but I think they are one of the best bang for the buck!

You can pay a little more a tad better tire...but if you eat through tires like I do...better to save the extra money for the next set.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked the two sets I had.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had one set, then replaced them with Eagle GTs...

I liked the Falken tires, but felt that they burned through the tread a little too quickly...
They had decent grip in wet weather, but had a tad much road noise.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my problem because Goodyear does not make eagle GT in 15" anymore. My rims from1988/89 OZ 5 spoke and would rather not have to replace them
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had them on my duke in the 14 inch size and they were great. A good choice for the money. I currently have BFGoodrich T/A Advantage tires on my formula on the standard 15 inch Diamond lace rims and there are awesome....highly recommend.
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never owned them, but I've heard good things about them. I was recently researching these (ended up buying Nittos) tires and learned that the Ziex 612 and 912 are the same, except the 612 is sold exclusively at Discount Tire/America's Tire. Might help you find a better deal on them.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed - "Ariana"
2 Corinthians 5: 17

Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are you looking at these tires at? If you're looking at Pep Boys, don't even consider Definity... It's the Pep Boys house brand and they're not all that great - I've replaced a ton of them due to separation, etc., Futuras are next on the list, they're a pain in the butt to balance - but a better choice than Definity if you're in a pinch money wise. Falkens were always pretty good, Hankooks have been semi-decent too, but I'd go Falken over Hankook. From what I can see from pics of the 912 they appear to have an inside/outside (some tires are directional, some have inside/outside, some are uni-directional), so they will likely be fairly quiet.
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Falken 912s will wear down to about 4-5/32nds quickly and stay there forever. I have customers coming in all the time saying that theirs are wearing excessively fast and they are always right about there. I tell them to keep driving it until they get to 2/32nds and they always come back and tell me it took another 20-30,000 miles to wear down to there.

I have them on the rear of my Fiero, my only complaints......no smoke and absolutely no noise when you do a burnout.

They are some of the quietest tires out there - Goodyear Eagle GTs are some of the noisiest. Both are asymmetrical.

Falkens do follow the road a ton though. They will amplify pulls/road crown. We get a decent amount of ride complaints with them. Ultimately not a bad tire for the money though.

-Joe

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock