obsessed by sgosser
Started on: 03-16-2014 09:19 PM
Replies: 11 (436 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 03-21-2014 11:27 AM
sgosser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My fiero has been down all winter. I bought a 2.8 replacement cradle and all so it should have been easy. Then the cold and snow came. So I worked, ten minutes here and there. I am down to hooking up connectors, fixing exhaust, and finishing water pump install (wish I had thought of water pump earlier). How does everyone feel when their fiero is down? I feel a bit obsessed.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From personal experience, I can give you two stories.

One; I was doing both head gaskets, really anxious as she was down for two days.
So I stayed up until 9AM the next morning finishing it up, flood lights on all night, music going a little, Firepit ablaze.

Another, ordered a throttle body to replace my old one, and each time something was amiss, I believe I was up until 3AM, in the middle of November changing out throttlebodies one after another until it went smoothly.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was pissed that I had to drive the car in the rain. Now it is in the garage with the fan and a dehumidifier . I hate when my car gets dirty.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jim94

1222 posts
Member since Jan 2010
I was pissed that I had to drive the car in the rain. Now it is in the garage with the fan and a dehumidifier . I hate when my car gets dirty.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have taken naps under my car when I didn't want to stop working on it.
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
boostdreamer that is great. I can't stop laughing. I almost took a nap under mine the other day. I guess that is a bit obsessive.
TriumphFetish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TriumphFetishSend a Private Message to TriumphFetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The word you are looking for is "passionate". There is no treatment for it. They have drugs for "obsessive"
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that does sound better. Although right now I am having a few different choice words. Trying to compress rear calipers to reinstall them. I am being "passionate" though.
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no problem with fixing and driving an 87 fiero gt. My wife had to come out and ask me how long are you going to work on it and are you ever going to come in a few times but I got the job done. It was 15 to 20 degrees and I thought I was working in a freezer at times. The truth is the fiero has conditioned me to work at any temperature, under any conditions. I told a friend what I had done this winter and he said there is something wrong with me. I was moving a jack stand under the car while laying there and hit myself in the face in the eye with it. WOW. Came inside to get something and my wife asks what happened to your eye? I said what eye. She said the one on your face! At work they asks me how bad I got whopped. The fiero got me through this brutal winter. Passion is the correct word for the insanity I experience at times when something is amiss with the fiero. Can't really expain any of it, but damn this is a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobug:

I have no problem with fixing and driving an 87 fiero gt. My wife had to come out and ask me how long are you going to work on it and are you ever going to come in a few times but I got the job done. It was 15 to 20 degrees and I thought I was working in a freezer at times. The truth is the fiero has conditioned me to work at any temperature, under any conditions. I told a friend what I had done this winter and he said there is something wrong with me. I was moving a jack stand under the car while laying there and hit myself in the face in the eye with it. WOW. Came inside to get something and my wife asks what happened to your eye? I said what eye. She said the one on your face! At work they asks me how bad I got whopped. The fiero got me through this brutal winter. Passion is the correct word for the insanity I experience at times when 0something is amiss with the fiero. Can't really expain any of it, but damn this is a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Tell me the same thing when you have owned the same car for twenty-seven yrs.

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I'll be dead by then! LOL

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Tell me the same thing when you have owned the same car for twenty-seven yrs.

The '84 SE I got on 08May1984 is still a daily driver, except in wet salty winter conditions. It's never been unlicensed - 30th birthday coming up! I just got 'new' '84 SE seats & dashboard in great condition...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock