Where should I mount it by TheDave
Started on: 03-13-2014 07:36 PM
Replies: 9 (333 views)
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 03-16-2014 08:47 AM
TheDave

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDaveSend a Private Message to TheDaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So where should I mount my "Hide a Plate" Driver side, Passenger side or Center?

Regards,
David
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
front
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave nice hide a plate, my plate is not a hide a plate but regardless I think in the oem location you can't go wrong.

Here's mine (considering purchasing a hide a plate they are cool)

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mount it in the middle...

GM made a holder specificly for that.

Off to the side looks half ass done, and you'll drill holes in your
original front facsia. That's a no-no.

Center, period.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:
Off to the side looks half ass done, and you'll drill holes in your original front facsia. That's a no-no.

And either have it hanging too low, where it could hit a curb in a parking lot or such, causing more damage to the fascia, or have it sit too high, where it can block visibility of the turn signals, which will get you a ticket.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about one better?
Show N Go Plate

This way, your front bumper is clean whenever you want it to be, and your plate can be displayed when it needs to be.
No holes in the fascia, plus its kinda neat at the same time.

Being able to hide the plate from the cops doesn't hurt either I guess :P

Edit: After reviewing the original post, I see he is talking about almost the same thing, accept the ones on eBay are mostly motorized.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 03-13-2014).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say middle, just because I like symmetry.
TheDave

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDaveSend a Private Message to TheDaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is exactly like the show and go. I just chose not to spend the additional $100 for the motorized version. Middle location it is. Actually it is automatic. When my daughters are riding with me I can teach them that a tap on the head means to either display or hide the plate.

87GT2M6 - I like your plate but unfortunately the laws in Illinois require that stupid front plate.

Regards,
David

[This message has been edited by TheDave (edited 03-13-2014).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put mine in the middle, just don't forget to "put it up" like I did coming home from a show. Cop pulled me over and thankfully just told me to "fix it".

Rob
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is why I love having `street rod` tags... cant get an `inspection` ticket with them, and they cant make me have to modify a car w/o a front holder that could `damage` the bumper or decrease the cars value.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock