WOW! WOW! WOW! by fierobug
Started on: 03-13-2014 03:31 AM
Replies: 8 (650 views)
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 03-13-2014 02:10 PM
fierobug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow! Changed all the front end suspension components, bushings, ball joints, tie rods etc. over the winter. Made the camber tools and changed the caster on one wheel, still have to do toe. Took it out on a warm day went nuts with it hoping for the best. Could not believe the difference! Better then a new car. Contol like never before. Have to take it easy, was followed by border patrol for too long. Took it up to 90 mph and not a shake or feeling of floating all over the place. Just wanted to thank everyone for their technical expertise and DIY knowledge. Still can't believe the difference. Cliff said get it done and it will make a big difference. WOW! WOW! WOW! Can't wait to drive it again, the next day we had a blizzard! Never ends.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 03-13-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What sort of price tag in parts? Do you have a build topic?
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you change the A arm bushings too, I have been thinking of redoing my suspension but changing the A arm bushings looks challenging to me.
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many miles were on the old suspension? I thought about doing this also but my brother told my the floating was likely my tires. I didn't believe that was it but he was convincing. The tires are pretty new, 1000 miles or so. I just had new ball joints put on it. What else did you do and how was the cost?
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a must if you plan an engine swap, and plan to trap over 105mph.

Greg
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you go with rubber or poly?

I've seen a bunch of posts that say that other people's claims of bad handling and bump steer are greatly exaggerated. This is so false even all caps wouldn't say it loud enough! I have a car that I took off the road completely because it was just too dangerous to drive after a collision and "repair" that was a joint effort between The Body Shop and my State Farm Insurance. These cars DEMAND servicable bushings and alignments to behave. When you get it right, your Fiero will reward you with smiles every time you drive her. When things are bad, they can be downright SCARY!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought here but through a list up of:
1) Parts you got
2) Place you got them
3) What you paid

This way we can recreate the love!!!
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mulletproofmonk has a great writeup on poly suspension upgrade. I went with rubber. The car has hopefully 32,000 miles on it and like Cliff says the bushings were all shot - upper, lower control arms, sway bar linkage. Age of car rots the rubber. Replaced the ball joints with Rock auto moog and Rodney Dickmans parts. Moog heavy duty sway bar bushings. New KYB front shocks. Search on camber and caster will give all the info you need to build the tool for camber and change you shims for caster. The members will teach you everything with the seach function. Will try to find exact write-ups that were very useful and approximate prices for parts. ITs all here to make a new fiero and cheap if you bust a few knuckles maybe.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobug:

I went with rubber.

Atta boy!! Listen to the voice of experience, little ones! You don't need poly. Poly is harsh. Harsh does not equal control. In fact it is the opposite. New rubber for new feel and long service life!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock